Applications for Fall 2013!

So I have been accepted to UGA (yay)! Soon after my accepted letter, I received another letter stating that I needed to secure my spot by Feb. 22nd. I am still waiting to hear from other schools and also haven't been notified if I have been awarded an assistantship. The letter from UGA didn't say anything about placing a deposit once accepting my offer of admissions. Does anyone know if UGA requires a deposit and also when we might hear about assistantships from them? Thanks!

Gradschoolmom- good luck! I may be in the fall cohort- I applied for an earlier cohort incase I have to defer for a session. My husband is active duty and we may be moving during the summer.

I heard back 2 weeks ago!  Hopefully you'll hear soon

Were you the one that posted in the results forum? I have been wondering if I'd hear via phone, letter, or email. I've been logging in daily and it still says my application is under review. Guess no news is good news for now!

Were you the one that posted in the results forum? I have been wondering if I'd hear via phone, letter, or email. I've been logging in daily and it still says my application is under review. Guess no news is good news for now!

I did not.  But I got a letter.  (And an email about a week later)

humblegirl, I'm on the same boat...it has been about two weeks since my status changed to 'under review'. I log on daily, nothing changes :/ It is driving me nuts! 

humblegirl, I'm on the same boat...it has been about two weeks since my status changed to 'under review'. I log on daily, nothing changes :/ It is driving me nuts! 

I wonder how many apps they get per year. Some online site said their admissions rate was better than 50/50. I was wondering if that was correct......

When did you submit your application? 

I wonder how many apps they get per year. Some online site said their admissions rate was better than 50/50. I was wondering if that was correct......

When did you submit your application? 

I submitted it on Dec 10, but it wasn't posted as 'complete' until Dec. 27 due to the holiday, I think.. How about you?

I called a week ago, they said it takes about 6-8 weeks...this is my 7th week..

When did you apply? Thanks for answering my questions, btw! :)

My stuff all got in right on the deadline (12/15) (my recommenders were slow).  I'm not sure if it helped, but I had made a visit to WashU in October, so I had talked to them before.

I submitted it on Dec 10, but it wasn't posted as 'complete' until Dec. 27 due to the holiday, I think.. How about you?

I called a week ago, they said it takes about 6-8 weeks...this is my 7th week..

I submitted by Dec 14th and received a confirmation email from the department on Jan 4 stating that my application was complete and that the Admissions Committee anticipates releasing admissions and scholarship decisions around mid-February.

Come on, Feb 15th!! lol

I submitted by Dec 14th and received a confirmation email from the department on Jan 4 stating that my application was complete and that the Admissions Committee anticipates releasing admissions and scholarship decisions around mid-February.

Come on, Feb 15th!! lol

Honestly, I never checked the website to see whether it was under review or not...I knew it was going to be the first school that I heard from so I tried not to freak out and therefore was just waiting ha.

My stuff all got in right on the deadline (12/15) (my recommenders were slow).  I'm not sure if it helped, but I had made a visit to WashU in October, so I had talked to them before.

That's awesome! Did you visit your other schools of interest as well? What was WashU like? I've heard it's beautiful and the people are very friendly. Hoping to have a chance to visit in March...assuming all goes well with my app. =\

Come on, Feb 15th!! lol

I believe I received the same email (from Ms. Simmons) on Dec 27th, and yes mid-February can't get here fast enough! 

Is this your first choice?  :)

I believe I received the same email (from Ms. Simmons) on Dec 27th, and yes mid-February can't get here fast enough! 

Is this your first choice?  :)

I didn't apply to a wide variety of MSW programs, although now I'm wishing I did. I'd definitely take WUSTL over ASU. :)

On 2/12/2013 at 10:00 AM, humblegirl said:

I didn't apply to a wide variety of MSW programs, although now I'm wishing I did. I'd definitely take WUSTL over ASU. :)

I've hear amazing things about WUSTL. I just wish they would tell us already!!! 

Gradschoolmom- good luck! I may be in the fall cohort- I applied for an earlier cohort incase I have to defer for a session. My husband is active duty and we may be moving during the summer.

What service is he in?

Me too. I hope it's by this Friday, my anxiety can't take it much longer! Is UW your first choice?

Yes it is, which is why the wait is HORRIBLE. I hope we both get in :)

edit: Just called the office but no one answered. I might call again later this afternoon.

Edited by paige_elizabeth10

Got into NYU!!! For anyone who is worried or losing hope because it's been a while, my application was complete as of 11/23 and my status only changed to "under review " after I called them 11 days ago. So it took quite a while. I got a $15,000 scholarship and I have 4 weeks to reserve my spot. NYU is my top choice....SO excited! Good luck to everyone!

Got into NYU!!! For anyone who is worried or losing hope because it's been a while, my application was complete as of 11/23 and my status only changed to "under review " after I called them 11 days ago. So it took quite a while. I got a $15,000 scholarship and I have 4 weeks to reserve my spot. NYU is my top choice....SO excited! Good luck to everyone!