Applications for Fall 2013!

callyw22,

Hi! Sorry I accidentally gave you that green thumbs up thing (but that isn't a bad thing I suppose hehe. New to the website!)

So I applied to Denver 10/23 and they mailed my acceptance letter 1/8.

Hope that helps! Good luck! :)

maemouse882: Okay great, thank you!! :) 

Has anyone heard from University of Michigan? So anxious!
Hi! I'm new here but I applied to UMich MSW for fall '13 and have not heard back or gotten any emails from them besides general emails about scholarships. On the application website it just shows that application was submitted, nothing very specific. It sounds like some people have heard back via email recently so fingers crossed our decisions come soon! Good luck :)

Same boat...I called CSUN and was told that it takes about 4-6 weeks to hear back from them after your application was received.. :/ 

seriously??  I called today and they told me I wouldn't hear anything until Feb. - April.  Then they told me I find out the decision (after the interviews) on May 31st.  Isn't that a little late?  CSUN is my top choice (as of lately)... But I don't know if I can risk waiting that long.. I'm sure if I got into another school I would have to give my decision before May 31st... :(

Thanks, citychild! I emailed them, but they never emailed back. I'm super anxious to hear back from them. :wacko:  I hope it's more late January (i.e. NOW) rather than early February!

I called UW this week and they said that we would be notified via e-mail. Also they told me sometime in February and could not specify whether it would early, middle, or late February. SO NERVOUS.

seriously?? I called today and they told me I wouldn't hear anything until Feb. - April. Then they told me I find out the decision (after the interviews) on May 31st. Isn't that a little late? CSUN is my top choice (as of lately)... But I don't know if I can risk waiting that long.. I'm sure if I got into another school I would have to give my decision before May 31st... :(

Wow May 31st is soooo far away! :( I think they might of meant that you have until May 31st to submit a decision...or better say I HOPE that is what they meant :/ I will email Tiffany (CSUN's admission assistant) today and let you know what she says.

CSUN is also my top choice :)

I called UW this week and they said that we would be notified via e-mail. Also they told me sometime in February and could not specify whether it would early, middle, or late February. SO NERVOUS.

Yeah, I emailed them yesterday and they told me the same thing! Good thing February is the shortest month!!

Got into Fordham last night.. they emailed me at 7:15pm!

I applied September 28, but as I said before, they told me they were admitting all those applicants for Spring before they admitted any Fall... so it actually took them longer than the 4-6 week they say they will let you know by! But hopefully they are getting things rolling now! 

But good luck to all! February should be a month of acceptances for many! :o)

I applied September 28, but as I said before, they told me they were admitting all those applicants for Spring before they admitted any Fall... so it actually took them longer than the 4-6 week they say they will let you know by! But hopefully they are getting things rolling now! 

Ahhhh congratulations! I hope I get an email soon too. This wait is killing me. 

Hi all!!

I am feeling very insecure about my MSW chances. Can anyone give me some gpa quotes for SJSU or CSUSB??? I only applied to two schools like a loser, and have a 3.5 undergrad...3.7 dept. GPA, i have like 5 years of work experience in the field as well, but its kind of just counseling stuff :-(

Can anyone help me? Im freaking out! I know my GPA is low, but i went to a top school that wanted to make life ridiculous for me? Does the prestige of undergrad institution even matter when they look at GPA?

AHH!

Okay, sorry for the long post! Thank you all for reading.... i mean ...if anyone is still reading :-/

The gpa for Sjsu is 2.5 and I think that goes for all csu but I may be wrong. I applied to Sjsu and csueb and they are both 2.5. Your gpa is very good so that shouldn't worry you at all. My gpa isn't all that great. As for your experience, 5 years is a lot even if its just counseling. From what I was told at Sjsu, they look for experience and Letters of recs first before gpa because it tells much of the person applying. I have about two years of field experience working with mental health children and I'm hoping this gives me a leg in. Good luck with everything! Let me know how it goes

Hi! I'm new here but I applied to UMich MSW for fall '13 and have not heard back or gotten any emails from them besides general emails about scholarships. On the application website it just shows that application was submitted, nothing very specific. It sounds like some people have heard back via email recently so fingers crossed our decisions come soon! Good luck :)

Hi Kim!

Just attended the virtual info session for UMich, and it was pretty helpful! I think they are posting the chat content soon on the facebook page?

Hopefully we'll know by March 1st! I have a special case so I think I'm going to call Student Services to see if I'll be able to find out by then too :) good luck and keep me posted!

Hey all,

I just got my acceptance letter from Adelphi university. They were really fast, I completed my application about only 3 weeks ago! I haven't heard from fordham yet though, and I got my acceptance from nyu about a month and half ago. Nether school has mentioned financial aid, getting nervous!! Anyone know when registering and stuff happens? I'm still torn between which school I want to go if I get into fordham as well. Hmm. Good luck to everyone still awaiting acceptances!!

Hi everyone, I'm new! I have applied to 6 schools total (Fordham, NYU, Loyola, UIC, Ohio State, UIC Urbana-Champaign). So far I've been accepted to Loyola which was super exciting! I've been checking my OSU status every day (that's my top choice) and I'm going crazy waiting. I probably checked OSU 15-20 times today :/

Congrats on getting in to Fordham! I applied at the end of November. Hopefully i'll hear from them soon as well. Did they mention anything about financial aid information with your acceptance letter?

Congrats on getting in to Fordham! I applied at the end of November. Hopefully i'll hear from them soon as well. Did they mention anything about financial aid information with your acceptance letter?

There wasn't any information on it.. but I didn't fill out a FAFSA, so I may not be eligible. The information on the VIP page says you have to fill out a FAFSA to be eligible.

Right now, I am leaning toward NYU since they gave me a very nice scholarship, which was included in my acceptance letter.

Hope you hear back soon!

I just got accepted to University of Michigan for MSW for Fall '13!!! Very excited! It does not say on the website yet, but I got an informal email from the Assistant Dean of Student Services.

I think my heart stopped <3

Good luck to everyone!

VIP page? I'm applying to 6. Columbia, NYU, USD, USC, Darmouth, Pepperdine. First 4 already applied to, last two not till march 31 and June 1. I'm very anxious!!!

Once you apply to Fordham University they post their decision on a part of their website called VIP.

On 1/22/2013 at 9:06 PM, hopefulmsw2013 said:

WUSTL just posted their first rounds of acceptance letters (1/8). I didn't even get an email but checked through the online application. So if you applied, make sure to check online because they don't send anything via mail or email. I got in!! 

Congrats!! I contacted WUSTL not too long ago and I was told that they were expecting all of their early decision notifications to be made by Feb 15th. I applied by the Dec early decision deadline, although I did not receive communication from the program about my application being complete until Jan 4. *fingers crossed*