Applications for Fall 2013!

Hi all!!

I am feeling very insecure about my MSW chances. Can anyone give me some gpa quotes for SJSU or CSUSB??? I only applied to two schools like a loser, and have a 3.5 undergrad...3.7 dept. GPA, i have like 5 years of work experience in the field as well, but its kind of just counseling stuff :-(

Can anyone help me? Im freaking out! I know my GPA is low, but i went to a top school that wanted to make life ridiculous for me? Does the prestige of undergrad institution even matter when they look at GPA?

AHH!

Okay, sorry for the long post! Thank you all for reading.... i mean ...if anyone is still reading :-/

We are all collectively freaking out.  I have no idea when decisions start to be made? I check the mail/my email constantly   This isn't fun at all.  I had an interview for CSU Fullerton, but I had to cancel because I live two hours away and I got the flu.  I couldn't imagine that car ride.  They said they would contact me with the next round of interviews but I still haven't heard anything from anyone and I applied to 5 :(  anyone having any luck?

Oh my! Most of my application are in...it has been such a financial, emotional and stressful roller coaster! I just want to be done! 

I am applying to; 

USC
CSU-LA
CSU-LB

CSU-N

CSU-DH
Boston University
Smith College
NYU

Washington University in St. Louis

Best of luck to ALL !! 

WUSTL just posted their first rounds of acceptance letters (1/8). I didn't even get an email but checked through the online application. So if you applied, make sure to check online because they don't send anything via mail or email. I got in!! 

Congratulations!!! That's great news. I've been wondering how many schools update when the status has changed, so thanks for sharing this information.

When did you submit your application? 

Congratulations!!! That's great news. I've been wondering how many schools update when the status has changed, so thanks for sharing this information.

When did you submit your application? 

I submitted my application December 5th. Hope this helps! WUSTL is giving me til May 1st to respond so I have plenty of time as I wait for the other schools to get back to me. They also gave me a $20,000 scholarship....which is pretttttty enticing. Haha.

WUSTL just posted their first rounds of acceptance letters (1/8). I didn't even get an email but checked through the online application. So if you applied, make sure to check online because they don't send anything via mail or email. I got in!!

Congrats! I just checked, my application states its under review...oh my! Fingers crossed!!!

Edited by CaliGirl-MSW

Hi! New to the forum as well:

I applied to:
U of Michigan
Eastern Michigan University
UW 

USC 

SFSU

ASU

U of Denver
Temple
UConn

So far, I've received offers from ASU and U of Denver, but I am really now looking into schools in Michigan since I'm moving there with my boyfriend who got into dental school at University of Michigan.

For those curious about ASU, I got an email 1/18. U of Denver I got letter in the mail before I got email, but email received on 1/22

Temple & USC are a bust for me anyways, because the applications are (accidentally) incomplete.

Mainly though, I'm very interested in hearing from people who have applied/go to University of Michigan and EMU. I did receive an email from University of Michigan that they might wait later to make a decision on me, rather than now (so not a no, yes or waitlist, just a decide later). They called my boss to talk about his recommendation. Apparently my boss accidentally made it seem that he didn't recommend me full-heartedly, but after a talk, they cleared that up, so hopefully this whole decision later will be cleared up too! Based on other forums I've read, a bunch of UM people here back in early February, right in time for GSSA interviews.

Good luck everyone, the nerves have been driving me crazy for so long!

I applied to:

U of Michigan

UW 

USC 

SFSU

ASU

U of Denver

Temple

UConn

So far, I've received offers from ASU and U of Denver, but I am really now looking into schools in Michigan since I'm moving there with my boyfriend who got into dental school at University of Michigan.

For those curious about ASU, I got an email 1/18. U of Denver I got letter in the mail before I got email, but email received on 1/22

Temple & USC are a bust for me anyways, because the applications are (accidentally) incomplete.

Mainly though, I'm very interested in hearing from people who have applied/go to University of Michigan and EMU. I did receive an email from University of Michigan that they might wait later to make a decision on me, rather than now (so not a no, yes or waitlist, just a decide later). They called my boss to talk about his recommendation. Apparently my boss accidentally made it seem that he didn't recommend me full-heartedly, but after a talk, they cleared that up, so hopefully this whole decision later will be cleared up too! Based on other forums I've read, a bunch of UM people here back in early February, right in time for GSSA interviews.

you didn't complete the apps that were incomplete?  I had that same issue with 2 of my applications (I somehow switched two letters of recs and sent them to the opposite school).  But they notified me the day they got them and told me to just send the new ones.  USC didn't do that for you?

you didn't complete the apps that were incomplete?  I had that same issue with 2 of my applications (I somehow switched two letters of recs and sent them to the opposite school).  But they notified me the day they got them and told me to just send the new ones.  USC didn't do that for you?

michelle_ct,

No not the problem at all actually! They informed me in due time and gave me all the proper information, but since I am now only focusing my attention on Michigan schools, I didn't want them to waste time looking at my apps when they could be looking at others. So I told them to withdraw it.

USC was very nice about it though :)

michelle_ct,

No not the problem at all actually! They informed me in due time and gave me all the proper information, but since I am now only focusing my attention on Michigan schools, I didn't want them to waste time looking at my apps when they could be looking at others. So I told them to withdraw it.

USC was very nice about it though :)

Okay, cool!  I was just making sure you didn't over look an e-mail or something that was meant to help you.  Best of luck with Michigan schools!! I heard they have some great programs out there ;)

I applied to:

U of Michigan

UW 

USC 

SFSU

ASU

U of Denver

Temple

UConn

Congratulations on the acceptances! I'm patiently awaiting a letter from DU-- and all of my letters, actually! :) Do you remember when you submitted your app to Denver? I'm just trying to see what the possible time frame may be. 

Congratulations on the acceptances! I'm patiently awaiting a letter from DU-- and all of my letters, actually! :) Do you remember when you submitted your app to Denver? I'm just trying to see what the possible time frame may be. 

callyw22,

Hi! Sorry I accidentally gave you that green thumbs up thing (but that isn't a bad thing I suppose hehe. New to the website!)

So I applied to Denver 10/23 and they mailed my acceptance letter 1/8.

Hope that helps! Good luck! :)

Hey Guys I just joined this forum. I applied for Hunter Advanced standing for fall 2013 on 01/14 and just noticed "pending interview". This wait is driving me crazy. Hunter is the school of my dreams. Has anyone heard anything in regards to their application for Hunter. I can't wait for the interview. Really excited. :)

Edited by Xxjunitoxx

Has anyone been accepted to Hunter as of yet? How long has your status said pending interview before you were emailed with an interview date?

Well I haven't heard from them either but my app still says "pending interview" for about 2 1/2 weeks. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything. Have you heard anything yet ?

Has anyone heard from University of Washington yet? I applied by the early action deadline! Anxious to hear back!

I have not heard from UW, but I also applied (early admission as well). I called them and they said the majority of responses should be sent out late Jan/early Feb--the first round of reviewing applications.

I applied to NYU, Fordham, Hunter, and Columbia. All my my applications were complete as of Dec 7th...now the waiting begins. Its been a few weeks and I feel like its been forever. 

Anyone else heard from their schools? I have found a lot of forgiveness programs, but what about scholarships?

Good luck everyone! :)

Hi there!

Anyone in their late 30's/40's applying and have any feedback/acceptance? That's the boat I'm in.

Anywhoooooo, I submitted COMPLETED apps including all letters of recommendation to the MSW programs at the schools listed below by Dec. 21st. The holiday break has delayed everything, but things seem to now be moving along:

* NYU (website says my application is under review as of 1/25!)

* Fordham (website says app completed as of 1/11)

* Hunter (website says app completed as of 1/4)

I would be happy to go to any one of these schools, but Hunter is the best choice for various reasons.

Love this forum-- let's keep each other motivated and informed!

Hi there!

Anyone in their late 30's/40's applying and have any feedback/acceptance? That's the boat I'm in.

Anywhoooooo, I submitted COMPLETED apps including all letters of recommendation to the MSW programs at the schools listed below by Dec. 21st. The holiday break has delayed everything, but things seem to now be moving along:

* NYU (website says my application is under review as of 1/25!)

* Fordham (website says app completed as of 1/11)

* Hunter (website says app completed as of 1/4)

I would be happy to go to any one of these schools, but Hunter is the best choice for various reasons.

Love this forum-- let's keep each other motivated and informed!

I know i'm not in my 30s or 40s but I thought that I would give you some info anyway. You should hear from NYU first. They respond really fast with their decisions. You'll most likely know by the first week in Feb. As for Fordham, I was told that it taked 4-6 weeks from the time your application is completed. I applied in late November but the holiday also affected a prompt response. I called them this morning and was told that I should be informed by the end of the week.  I hope that helps.

I have not heard from UW, but I also applied (early admission as well). I called them and they said the majority of responses should be sent out late Jan/early Feb--the first round of reviewing applications.

citychild, did they say how we would get responses (email or our online status)? 

Thanks, citychild! I emailed them, but they never emailed back. I'm super anxious to hear back from them. :wacko:  I hope it's more late January (i.e. NOW) rather than early February!

Well I haven't heard from them either but my app still says "pending interview" for about 2 1/2 weeks. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything. Have you heard anything yet ?

Nope nothing. I applied 1/12/13 and Im already anxious. My undergrad GPA was not great but I have seven years of social work experience so I just pray that and my statement of purpose is enough. This is my dreammmmmmmm school and the only school I applied too. I will let u know once my status chamges as well

Hi all ! I applied to DU and now have the option to accept or deny offer of admission on their website. I'm so thrilled! Would love to get to know others who have been accepted. Has anyone visited the school? Thoughts?