Applications for Fall 2013!

Just got my acceptance to NYU with an 8,000 dollar scholarship! I applied 1/4, application was complete and sent for review as of 1/22, and on 2/19 I was accepted, exactly four weeks after my application was sent for review. Good luck everyone!

There ya go! Congrats!! R u going to choose NYU then?

Just got my acceptance to NYU with an 8,000 dollar scholarship! I applied 1/4, application was complete and sent for review as of 1/22, and on 2/19 I was accepted, exactly four weeks after my application was sent for review. Good luck everyone!
Is this for MSW? Omg I applied 1/11 the last day and it was completed on 1/17. And I still haven't heard OMG I'm soooo nervous. Congrats and hearing from them

Also one more thing how did you find out you got in? Did you get an email or a phone call or did you check online where you applied? Sorry for all the questions I'm very nervous and anxious and would like a heads up of what too look for.

Also one more thing how did you find out you got in? Did you get an email or a phone call or did you check online where you applied? Sorry for all the questions I'm very nervous and anxious and would like a heads up of what too look for.

Is this for MSW? Omg I applied 1/11 the last day and it was completed on 1/17. And I still haven't heard OMG I'm soooo nervous. Congrats and hearing from them

Thank you! Yes it was for the MSW. Don't lose hope! I was going crazy because it seemed to be taking forever, but they told me that some reviewers just take longer to review the application. 

I got an email from them telling me that a decision was rendered and that I could view my letter on the application website. I totally understand that anxious/nervousness! But seriously don't worry about it, you'll probably hear from them within the next couple of days!

Thanks for the replies! I am waiting nervously with you all. Does anyone know if USC emails people telling them that a decision has been sent in the mail? Checking for an email before waiting to get home to my mailbox every night would save me some wrinkles. Lol.

Hey guys- I have been accepted to the MSW programs at NYU, BU, and UPenn so far. I am anxiously waiting to hear back from Columbia soon. I have had the chance to visit and attend an info session/speak with current students at UPenn, Columbia, and BU but haven't done as much research on NYU. Does anyone have any insight on the NYU program? The admission at NYU has not really responded to me, and I was curious to speak to a current student who goes there about the experience.

Right now my first choice would be Columbia but unfortunately I don't think I will hear back from Columbia until early March yet NYU and BU is asking me to make a decision/put down a security deposit by the end of this month so not sure what to do! I wonder if schools will grant extensions? Ideally I'd like to hear back from Columbia before I let the other schools know my decision.

I literally just sent out all of my applications last week.  I applied to CSUN (both on campus and off campus programs), USC, CSULB, and CSUF... I am soooo nervous!  I thought I had a lot of experience and strong letters of rec.. but after reading other peoples specs, I'm seriously doubting myself.  Since I applied to 5 programs.. I gotta get into one.. right... RIGHT?!?!  I'm freaking out.  How is everyone else dealing with their waiting process? 

I am new to this forum and stumbled upon your post. I'm there with you!  I also applied to 5 programs (CSUN, CSULA, CSULB, PSU, & Univ. of Maryland) around mid January. I just received an acceptance letter to CSULA this past weekend. Have you received any news yet?

I am new to this forum and stumbled upon your post. I'm there with you!  I also applied to 5 programs (CSUN, CSULA, CSULB, PSU, & Univ. of Maryland) around mid January. I just received an acceptance letter to CSULA this past weekend. Have you received any news yet?

So far, the only news I have gotten is an acceptance into CSUF, unfortunately it is not my first choice so I'm waiting patiently for anything.  I know 2 weeks ago CSULB sent out a round of acceptances as well.. but I didn't hear anything from them either.

So far, the only news I have gotten is an acceptance into CSUF, unfortunately it is not my first choice so I'm waiting patiently for anything.  I know 2 weeks ago CSULB sent out a round of acceptances as well.. but I didn't hear anything from them either.

What's your first choice? I guess it's good to see it as at least we got accepted to 1 program so far if anything else. 

Hey guys- I have been accepted to the MSW programs at NYU, BU, and UPenn so far. I am anxiously waiting to hear back from Columbia soon. I have had the chance to visit and attend an info session/speak with current students at UPenn, Columbia, and BU but haven't done as much research on NYU. Does anyone have any insight on the NYU program? The admission at NYU has not really responded to me, and I was curious to speak to a current student who goes there about the experience.

Right now my first choice would be Columbia but unfortunately I don't think I will hear back from Columbia until early March yet NYU and BU is asking me to make a decision/put down a security deposit by the end of this month so not sure what to do! I wonder if schools will grant extensions? Ideally I'd like to hear back from Columbia before I let the other schools know my decision.

I asked BU for an extension yesterday and on the phone they said it would be fine, but when I emailed I was denied, so it doesn't look like they're granting extensions.  They said I could put the money down and then not take the spot in the end, but obviously it's expensive to lose that money.

I also applied early action. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that we would be notified Feb 15. But I recently checked their website and now it just says notifications would be sometime in February. Anyone else have any updated info?

I also applied early action to UW-Seattle day program and no news yet...

What's your first choice? I guess it's good to see it as at least we got accepted to 1 program so far if anything else. 

My first choice is CSUN.. I did my undergrad there and its a lot closer to home than Fullerton is so I could still live at home and work at my job on the weekends.. however I have a huge dilemma   Fullerton would be my second choice.. but they need my decision by April 1st, and CSUN won't let us know until May... so I'm unsure of what to do.

O k thank you so much. I'm very nervous. And congrats on getting. Ill keep all posted.

My first choice is CSUN.. I did my undergrad there and its a lot closer to home than Fullerton is so I could still live at home and work at my job on the weekends.. however I have a huge dilemma   Fullerton would be my second choice.. but they need my decision by April 1st, and CSUN won't let us know until May... so I'm unsure of what to do.

I did my undergrad at CSUN and live in the area as well. It's also one of my top choices, but it seems tough to get in. You sill have time before April 1, but worse case scenario you accept CSUF by April and withdraw if CSUN accepts you?

Status just changed to "Pending Interview" at Hunter...app submitted 12/18 and complete as of 1/3...I have to let NYU know by the first week of March and haven't heard from Columbia yet...nonetheless very excited to interview at Hunter!

Status just changed to "Pending Interview" at Hunter...app submitted 12/18 and complete as of 1/3...I have to let NYU know by the first week of March and haven't heard from Columbia yet...nonetheless very excited to interview at Hunter!

Congrats with the Hunter interview. I have mine this fri Ims soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervous it my first and only choice

Same here. I'm checking my email multiple times a day. They probably won't let us know until February 28th. :(

I applied last year as well but had to delay a year, and reapply.  Last year they sent a personal email with a giant "Congratulations"  in opening text.  So you don't have to worry about checking the online application system (though I keep doing it anyways)....

As far as I know for NYU, you have to deposit.. I heard back in September and am waiting on about 5 other schools, but deposited to NYU just to keep my spot.. it is a good school and so, so pretty! (not sure if you're familiar with Washington Square park) I also have a friend who graduated from NYU and said the professors are heavily clinical professional SW's (which is my concentration) so it's a great school for clinical. Hope that helps!

JUST GOT INTO UCLA!!! :DD

Shit. 

UCLA or BU? What do you guys think??

They both have the same ranking. 

congrats, would you mind sharing when you applied/how they informed you? (email or online status checker?)

Edited by paige_elizabeth10

JUST GOT INTO UCLA!!! :DD

Shit. 

UCLA or BU? What do you guys think??

They both have the same ranking. 

You heard back already?! Congrats! Did you apply early? Has anyone else heard back yet? I haven't heard from them... Does anyone know if they are notifying people as they are being reviewed or all at once? If it is the latter, then thats not a good sign....

I did my undergrad at CSUN and live in the area as well. It's also one of my top choices, but it seems tough to get in. You sill have time before April 1, but worse case scenario you accept CSUF by April and withdraw if CSUN accepts you?

Can I do that?  I didn't know you could withdraw.. :/