SAIS application for Fall 2013

Just logged in. I got into the MA program at D.C. campus. Financial aid info is coming in the next week for those who submitted the aid form and FAFSA by 2/15. For those who submitted after, it's coming in the next 2 weeks.

Good luck everyone!

Now, I pray to the MBA gods to bestow their blessings on me, so i can have the best 2 years of my life.

I'm in for DC! My personal stats: 23 y/o and right out of undergrad. Admissions for my group are 11%. This is my dream school and my reach. I have some tough decisions to make. I cast a small net with high goals. I always figured I'd attend any one of them that would let me in. Perhaps its time to go back to being a whitewater riverguide…did anyone else apply for the Merrill?

This is what appeared on the website:

Congratulations! The Johns Hopkins University Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) is pleased to offer you admission to the Master of Arts degree program at SAIS with your enrollment beginning in fall 2013 at the Washington, D.C., campus. :)

Edited by riverguide

Ok this is really frustrating and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Has anyone here that has applied to the MAIA program heard back? I'm wondering if the delay is because the MAIA program is based out of Bologna. 

whats the percpetion of IDEV over the other SAIS programs?  im going for a quantitative approach, with my initial intention being in development work but they only accepted me in SAIS, not IDEV.  Would it still be worth it to go and specialize in their Intl Econ program and concentrate on something else?

whats the percpetion of IDEV over the other SAIS programs? im going for a quantitative approach, with my initial intention being in development work but they only accepted me in SAIS, not IDEV. Would it still be worth it to go and specialize in their Intl Econ program and concentrate on something else?

I have same problem. I am in SAIS, but not the IDEV that I intended for, probably because of my lack of work experience. But I am very quantitative oriented and my quantitative background is quite strong (good at Math). I do not know what other concentrations are possible for me.

The thing frustrated me the most is that they ask me to take a pre-course in English. I am in a US undergrad institution. I guess I need to email them about this..

Edited by victoriage

Nothing yet for me...I wonder if it's because I applied to Bologna and I'm an international student. I hope so and it's not a sign of something worse...

same boat here, would people that heard from Bologna mind saying first letter of your last name, mine is a D

In for Idev.. Wooow I am in total disbelief. I thought I would be lucky to just get in at SAIS, but IDEV would be near impossible. Doing my Gangham style.. well not for too long, making a decision will be tough! 

Congrats. It's great to see people get really excited about getting into sais. I honestly felt nothing when i saw the letter. To be honest, i'm more excited about what i'm going to have for dinner tonight. Lol.

same boat here, would people that heard from Bologna mind saying first letter of your last name, mine is a D

I'm also a foreign student applying to Bologna, and nothing here so far! So begins a night of refreshing my browser :)

My last name begins with a B, for what its worth.

I'm in Bologna and my last name begins with S. But I'm a US student...?

Good luck to everyone waiting and congrats to those who got in! 

Hopefully I can pay for this..... / :

Congrats. It's great to see people get really excited about getting into sais. I honestly felt nothing when i saw the letter. To be honest, i'm more excited about what i'm going to have for dinner tonight. Lol.

you see some of us actually care about IR and PP and didn´t just apply to these programs as an easy way to have an MBA, therefore we are excited, go and have your dinner.

I'm also a foreign student applying to Bologna, and nothing here so far! So begins a night of refreshing my browser :)

My last name begins with a B, for what its worth.

My last name ends with a B, but I'm not an international student.

It looks like the Bologna campus applicants didn't get the decisions. Hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow. 

My last name ends with a B, but I'm not an international student.

It looks like the Bologna campus applicants didn't get the decisions. Hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow. 

Seems some people got their results from Bologna though...I dunno, so far as I can tell the whole thing is totally arbitrary...ah well, good to know we'll know soon enough!

Edited by rhodeislander

It seems those who applied to DC and American citizens who applied to Bologna have their results? But int'l students who applied to Bologna seem to be still waiting (myself included). It might have something to do with the financial aid and scholarships because those are different for international students. Hopefully we'll hear tomorrow.

It seems those who applied to DC and American citizens who applied to Bologna have their results? But int'l students who applied to Bologna seem to be still waiting (myself included). It might have something to do with the financial aid and scholarships because those are different for international students. Hopefully we'll hear tomorrow.

Nah. I think rhodeislander was correct. They seem arbitrary. I'm a citizen and in the military. Definitely no way to confuse me with an international student haha. I have applied to Bologna through the MAIA program. It could also be that they send them out based on the application submission order. Either way I hope we hear something tomorrow. 

Nah. I think rhodeislander was correct. They seem arbitrary. I'm a citizen and in the military. Definitely no way to confuse me with an international student haha. I have applied to Bologna through the MAIA program. It could also be that they send them out based on the application submission order. Either way I hope we hear something tomorrow. 
although weren't u the one who they confused and interviewed for Bologna even though ubr abUS citizen? Maybe they put u in our pool again!

although weren't u the one who they confused and interviewed for Bologna even though ubr abUS citizen? Maybe they put u in our pool again!

Could be in the same people since I switched last minute from MA to MAIA, but we got to the bottom of it regarding the interview. They interview all applicants for the MAIA program. When people were discussing it they were referring to the MA program, and no one specified the program until later. 

It's such a peculiar way to name the programs in my opinion. Definitely doesn't help with the confusion. 

Edited by Kadisha

Yep I hope we hear by tomorrow morning or poor Amina is going to have a few angry emails....I love how we all speak about these perfect strangers as if we knew them...Prahbu, Amina,Jessye

Yep I hope we hear by tomorrow morning or poor Amina is going to have a few angry emails....I love how we all speak about these perfect strangers as if we knew them...Prahbu, Amina,Jessye

She's not going to know what hit her haha. I also still have the Skype account name of the Dean of Admissions and the professor that interviewed me. 

Yessss ! Feels great to be in  SAIS .. however there was no mention of my intended concentration (ERE) in the decision letter.  Has anyone received any details abt their concentration except of course for those who applied into Idev 

BTW i am an Indian national and got admitted into DC campus..

She's not going to know what hit her haha. I also still have the Skype account name of the Dean of Admissions and the professor that interviewed me. 

Me too! Let´s use skype to harrass them or we can do the RAT thing and spy on them for the next year or two....or we might just wait...I´m sure we will learn soon enough plus we are all already into other great places so it will be fine :D (will not prevent me for waking up at 4 am and logging into my account...but still)