Applying Fall 2013? Where?

EdNerd2013

Sorry to hear that, Ednerd...my first official news was a rejection too and it really sucked. Rejection sucks, but it's not the end - I think things work out how they're supposed to, and you'll end up at the school that's right for you. I hope you get some good news soon!

I applied to two programs. At this point, I really love them both! I applied to HGSE's Arts in Education Ed.M program and George Washington University's Museum Education MAT program. Gahhhhhh! So glad that you are all going through the nail-biting process too.

Has anyone around been accepted to UCLA's Master's HEOC program? I'd love to talk to you about what you're thinking about it!...  :mellow:

I got accepted to UCLA's Masters in Student Affairs program, which is different degree but also in the HEOC division of GSEIS  :) it's nice to see someone else considering UCLA! So far I'm pretty lacking in information about the school, but since I live nearby I'm hoping to visit before the Admit Day. Feel free to PM me? 

Has anyone around been accepted to UCLA's Master's HEOC program? I'd love to talk to you about what you're thinking about it!...  :mellow:

I PMed you :).

I got accepted to UCLA's Masters in Student Affairs program, which is different degree but also in the HEOC division of GSEIS  :) it's nice to see someone else considering UCLA! So far I'm pretty lacking in information about the school, but since I live nearby I'm hoping to visit before the Admit Day. Feel free to PM me? 

Did they tell you when Admit day was?? I really want to visit, but I think I'm going to wait on other schools because traveling is so darn expensive!

At least you've already heard back from 1 school. I'm going to go crazy this month waiting to hear back.

True, and I'm very grateful, but I am also just as eager to hear back from all the place's my fiance has applied to law school, because if we don't get into the same school we're kind of screwed.

I PMed you :).

Did they tell you when Admit day was?? I really want to visit, but I think I'm going to wait on other schools because traveling is so darn expensive!

Oops, I looked at the email again and I was told the date for "Preview Day", not "Admit Day" lol. It's April 12th! 

We don't have an Admit Day outlined in our letters! :( I think it's only for Student Affairs folks. I technically don't have to visit because I'm from the area (although I am currently out of state), but either way I would like to speak with someone from the department/my "advisor", since their website is so lacking of any useful, up-to-date information. 

News of the day: I got an official rejection from UPenn (which I expected, b/c no interview) BUT, I also got an email from a POI at UW indicating that my application was "excellent" and I would make "an excellent candidate" for the program.

FINALLY some positive news!

News of the day: I got an official rejection from UPenn (which I expected, b/c no interview) BUT, I also got an email from a POI at UW indicating that my application was "excellent" and I would make "an excellent candidate" for the program.

FINALLY some positive news!

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! It will work out :).

I saw on the results search that somebody got accepted to a Masters program at Lynch today -- congratulations! 

I was admitted yesterday to BC and to University of Michigan's program today. It's been a crazy week lol  :) But I'm not complaining.  :D

Congratulations EdNerd!!! I really hope it all works out.  :)

I was admitted yesterday to BC and to University of Michigan's program today. It's been a crazy week lol  :) But I'm not complaining.  :D

Congratulations EdNerd!!! I really hope it all works out.  :)

I also got accepted to Michigan today! Well, technically yesterday I suppose. Yayyyyy! & Congrats on both of those!

I also got accepted to Michigan today! Well, technically yesterday I suppose. Yayyyyy! & Congrats on both of those!

Woot woot! Congrats!! I PM'ed you.  :)

Thanks Merrysoprano and EdYouKateOr!! I'm anxiously awaiting HGSE's results as well. 

Edited by emg28

Congrats to everyone that has been getting good news lately!

Is anyone else struggling with deciding on which visit days to attend?  Two of my top schools have them on the same day so I'm trying to see which one would make the most sense to go to and which one I'd be okay visiting on my own.