Anyone else losing their damn mind?

gradorbust

Ha ha!  Same here...I can barely work up the will to read for class or work on my thesis.  Once I get just one acceptance, I'll feel so relieved and happy, I'm sure the rest of the semester will be no problem! :)

You'd think it'd work like that! But it doesn't. I wasn't freaking out UNTIL I got my first acceptance. Now I'm sitting here thinking "Okay, why haven't you contacted me School X, Y and Z? School Q did!"

And now I frantically check my email. The other day my home university activities director secretary sent out a bunch of emails so my Carroll email said "3 new emails" and I got all excited. Nope, just announcements about convos and the MLK dinner. :/

You'd think it'd work like that! But it doesn't. I wasn't freaking out UNTIL I got my first acceptance. Now I'm sitting here thinking "Okay, why haven't you contacted me School X, Y and Z? School Q did!"

^^this! :wacko: i thought i would feel so much calmer.

I'm apparently in a different mindset than you guys but maybe it's because I'm working full time and not a student.  Once I get in somewhere, I think I'm going to be far more checked out than I am now.

I'm working full-time too, but I'm still nervous as hell when I have time to think about the fact that I applied. I guess it's a good thing that I'm knee deep in work and deadlines.

"Dear Princeton: It's my birthday, sooooo... how 'bout you slip an acceptance into my card this year, k? Thanks.  -kyjin"

Oh man, I wish.  My birthday's on Monday, so maybe I'll get news from somebody then?

my birthday's tomorrow! happy birthday to the 3 of us!! :D

Happy birthday almost birthday-twin!  Dear admissions offices: please send us acceptances as gifts.  We'd really appreciate it.

I got an email just now asking me to do a phone interview!! I'm still kind of dazedly ecstatic, and it wasn't even a full acceptance!  :rolleyes:

congrats on your interview!

I got an email just now asking me to do a phone interview!! I'm still kind of dazedly ecstatic, and it wasn't even a full acceptance!  :rolleyes:
Congratulations. Hope you get in!

Oh, I so am. I keep getting so excited when I see I get a new e-mail. I've gotten to the point where I unsubscribed to almost everything and moved most of my stuff to my other e-mail address. Basically, when I get a new e-mail to the address I applied with, it SHOULD be graduate school related. But sadly, things keep falling through the cracks, causing my brief euphoria and subsequent letdown *sigh*

Good luck everyone!!!

Checking the result page for the 1000+1 time. Have no idea if that's due to forgetting ( I really don't remember the dates) or I just get stressed and wanna soothe myself by seeing that I still have time  :blink:

Meanwhile trying to write a Thesis !

Thanks everyone! I wasn't expecting to hear from the school at all for at least another couple of weeks, so it was a really exciting surprise. Hopefully the rest of you patiently waiting (... stop laughing at me!) applicants hear something unexpectedly early and positive.

I am officially freaking out, but, rather than bothering everyone on the interdisciplinary thread I usually post to, I thought I'd move my obsessive anxiety to another thread!

Here's my current fixation: Toward the end of the business day my application status changed from "Awaiting Program Decision" to "Final Review." The grad school notes on its website that this status means, "your program has made its admission decision and University officials are doing a very quick (usually within two business days) final review of your materials before sending out the decision notification."

I thought that departments notify applicants informally when their applications are accepted and passed on to the graduate school for final the review. Does anyone know of any cases where this is not the case? I'm getting the feeling that I'll only be hearing from the directly graduate school (and not the department) if it's a rejection...

Thanks for letting me vent on here all!

Edited by arhodg

I am officially freaking out, but, rather than bothering everyone on the interdisciplinary thread I usually post to, I thought I'd move my obsessive anxiety to another thread!   Does anyone know of any cases where this is not the case? I'm getting the feeling that I'll only be hearing from the directly graduate school (and not the department) if it's a rejection...   Thanks for letting me vent on here all!
Welcome to our Community of Insanity! I really don't have an answer for you, but wanted you to know you're in good company! :)

I am officially freaking out, but, rather than bothering I thought that departments notify applicants informally when their applications are accepted and passed on to the graduate school for final the review. Does anyone know of any cases where this is not the case?
There's lots of examples in the results section of people finding out they're accepted via post or a website, or from the grad department. Anything is possible. :)