Who all are waiting for CS PhD Decisions?

vision15

I got accepted to U Wisconsin-Madison but they don't offer guaranteed funding for me, and the POI at UWM said that he has just come back from the industry so all his grants are gone.

The PhD program on PennState is not in Computer Science, but in Information Science and Technology (It belongs to the iSchool system (I haven't taken a thorough look into this)), and my professor at PennState tells me that the PhD program there is small.

I weight UWM > USC > UCI > PennState. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Andrew Nguyen

I saw there was a burst of admits from Indiana yesterday, and a lot of international students got accepted with guaranteed funding for four years. Is that it? They won't accept anyone else? If anyone has any idea please let me know.

What do you think of Notre Dame's PhD program? It's the highest ranked school I have been accepted into so far.  Just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts.

@phd13: Its a school relatively small in size but with a heavy emphasis on research. And because of its size, its very competitive as well and is quite picky about whom they admit. And the most of the professors there, at least in my field, are world renowned researchers, so working under them should be fun!

Overall, a very good school with a great PhD Program and a great record of graduate PhD students! Congrats and good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who still hasn't heard anything from Indiana CS? I have seen a few with funded offers and lot getting rejected, but nothing for me. Anyone in the same boat as me?

• 4 weeks later...