Who all are waiting for CS PhD Decisions?

vision15

Just rejections :( ? Also, it looks like last year's rejections (and previous years) came out in early March, with acceptances in early Feb. Did (s)he hear that it was different this year or something?

Just rejections :( ? Also, it looks like last year's rejections (and previous years) came out in early March, with acceptances in early Feb. Did (s)he hear that it was different this year or something?

Yup , it was 2 rejections to 2 friends at the same time. *They applied as internationals so that might be different. He's now at Rice university, so he can't say much about this years UC Berkeley admissions.

A friend of mine (who applied last year) told me UC Berkeley EECS Rejections are probably going out tomorrow or this week, so fingers crossed for everybody.

Time to do a correction, this was for BioEngineering (I thought it was EECS), My bad people!

I know it is still very early, but I wish that by now I would had heard from at least one of the universities I applied to. The only notifications I get, is to inform that my application status is complete and that all the materials have been received and are ready to be reviewed.

I did about the same.  However, my recommendation letters weren't all sent until yesterday.  My prof likes to wait till the last minute for everything. I figure it will take me longer to hear back now.

@csgal11: Thanks for sharing that :) What's your focus area btw? I am sure you will make it into one or more of these schools if not all! :)

P.S. I have applied at the CS Dept at ND and Indiana, ECE Dept at VTech and the Human Centered Computing Divison at Clemson.

Edited by fall13applicant

Thanks! I'm sure you will too!

I'm interested in human computer interaction, software eng., and computer science education.  I applied to the same departments as you besides Clemson where I applied to the CS department. 

I hope we hear soon.

Fingers crossed for funding!

Why did you apply at South Carolina?  I wish I would have looked into applying there.

Well, I am interested in Computer Vision and Machine Learning, University of South Carolina has got a couple of very good researchers who work on topics pertaining to these fields and one of them encouraged me to apply during a brief session of mail exchanging.

What's your profile like gal? And do let us know when you hear from any of your schools. :)

Judging from the responses for math and physics PhD programs, it seems like more cs departments have responded.  Keep in mind that not all schools have the same deadlines.  A lot of biology programs had their deadlines on December 1st, for example, so it's understandable that they'd get back earlier.

cstheory13: Notre Dame, South Carolina, Indiana and Colorado State.

Every Friday I expect a decision and frantically check my inbox right after coming back from work...and what do I get? Zilch! Nada! A potful of nothing! I am so out of my mind! :'(

This wait really can't be healthy. My boyfriend is also applying to graduate programs and he has basically entered this very zen "whatever happens happens. Its out of our control so we might as well not even think about it" state and doesn't check the results search and doesn't constantly check his email and I'm very jealous of his lack of freaking out. 

I got an email the other day with the subject line "[Top Choice] CS PhD Application" and had a momentary panic attack. Opened up the email to find that it was just one of those "Thank you for your application to our school. This is why our school is so awesome and you should really get your hopes up about being admitted here because we are awesome". Why do they do that to us? I'm going to have a heart attack, I swear. 

@csgal11: I don't know about that but they told me they will send an email and also update on the portal after a decision has been made. Good luck!