Who all are waiting for CS PhD Decisions?

vision15

Did anyone apply to canadian universities?

I applied to the McGill CS program and Waterloo's Combinatorics and Optimization. It seems that Waterloo accepts people earlier than McGill, at least according to the survey from past years. Which ones did you apply to?

I applied to the McGill CS program and Waterloo's Combinatorics and Optimization. It seems that Waterloo accepts people earlier than McGill, at least according to the survey from past years. Which ones did you apply to?

I also applied to Waterloo, but for the CS MMath program, and to Alberta's CS MSc.program. I'm guessing acceptances and rejections will start rolling out till next month.

@dat_nerf: VTech one was okay...UC Merced one is scheduled for this Saturday early morning.

What about you?

Edit: Oh I just saw your signature now, congrats on getting the two admits! Did they interview you before handing out the decision? And what about funding?

And in general how good are one's chances if they have been summoned for an interview by his/her POI?

Edited by fall13applicant

Did Texas send out all their acceptances!?

I had to submit my GRE scores late and wonder if that means I am not being considered at all.

Edited by csgal11

@fall13applicant Good luck on the UC Merced interview. Go ace that interview!  :)

None of my programs required an interview and the decision emails were out of the blue. I'm not absolutely certain what the chances are if you have an interview, but I believe it means your chances are good. Keep us posted!

Edited by dat_nerd

I just have received an email from the The University of Utah announcing ... that all my application materials are complete and ready to be reviewed. Damn it! I thought it was the first admission decision  :( 

It turns out that I didn't submit the departmental application for UT-Austin, just the university wide one (why am I so dumb?).  I'm kind of paranoid now that I somehow missed applications for other schools, so I just wanted to make sure - Berkeley, Chicago, CMU, Columbia, Cornell, Georgia Tech, Harvard, MIT, NYU, Princeton, Stanford, and Washington-Seattle all had just one application to fill out, right?

It turns out that I didn't submit the departmental application for UT-Austin, just the university wide one (why am I so dumb?).  I'm kind of paranoid now that I somehow missed applications for other schools, so I just wanted to make sure - Berkeley, Chicago, CMU, Columbia, Cornell, Georgia Tech, Harvard, MIT, NYU, Princeton, Stanford, and Washington-Seattle all had just one application to fill out, right?

baah! UT-Austin application was bizzare for me too. Now I am no longer sure if I really submitted the CS department application. :unsure:  How do I know? There are some 2-3 acknowledgement mails though but none saying that I submitted to CS ..baah baah baah