Who all are waiting for CS PhD Decisions?

vision15

Same here. Havent heard anything yet. I am hoping they let us know by the end of the month.

Another person nervously waiting for decisions from UPenn. I'm dying here! Based on historical data, it looks like there is typically a second burst of decisions around Feb. 25th or so? Or am I just imagining that?

I called Indiana Bloomington on Tuesday and was told that they were mailing out decisions this week. This was for Informatics applications so Im not sure if this decision notification timeline is the same for CS applications but I imagine it is because Informatics and CS are the same department and they share the same admissions coordinator. So yeah, fingers crossed!!

@phd13: Congrats for ND! Actually my case is different for ND, a professor who works on a field completely different to mine interviewed me and gave me stuff to read up after it. IU and VT I don't know when I will hear from them.

BTW what's your focus area?

@detante: Congrats! Is your focus area purely Robotics or Vision related as well? And did the admit come with funding offer?

Thanks! I'm interested in robotics, though my background is in perception for robots, so I am interested in computer vision as it pertains to robotics. And the offer does include funding via a fellowship, which is why I probably heard so early.

Does anyone know about the common procedure of admission of universities in California such as USC or UCI? What is the chance of acceptance with funding without being interviewed? One of my friends got the interview from USC yesterday, yet I haven't heard anything about my app...

Has anyone applying to those programs heard of any news?

Edited by donganh89

Does anyone know about the common procedure of admission of universities in California such as USC or UCI? What is the chance of acceptance with funding without being interviewed? One of my friends got the interview from USC yesterday, yet I haven't heard anything about my app...

Has anyone applying to those programs heard of any news?

There is no common procedure. Every department and research area acts according to it's own policy.

A colleague of mine got accepted out of the blue to UCSB, another colleague got accepted to UCSC after an short informal interview, and another colleague got accepted to UCI after two Skype video interviews.

But why are you inserted on going to a University in California if you got accepted by great universities such as U Wisonsin Madison and PennState?