2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Wow. My brother is applying to MFA programs and he has to deal with acceptance rates like that pretty much across the board, but that's pretty low for a sociology program.

It's such a bummer. :(

Wooooot, finally got my first official rejection, from Stanford no less. 

No worries really, my heart isn't in social movements anyway, I only applied there because I love the school and they support their students so well. 

For those who have been invited to interviews/visiting weekends: how long before the day were you invited? One of my top choices has a visiting weekend the 22-23 of this month.

For those who have been invited to interviews/visiting weekends: how long before the day were you invited? One of my top choices has a visiting weekend the 22-23 of this month.

I'm guessing it varies pretty widely from program to program. For the first program I was accepted to, they told me like a week and a half ago that the visiting day would be at the beginning of March, then I just got all the details about it today. March 8th. So...a month.

But my guess...and I hate to be negative...is that if you were accepted, they would have already sent you an invite, since that's two weeks away. 

But my guess...and I hate to be negative...is that if you were accepted, they would have already sent you an invite, since that's two weeks away. 

Thanks. I'm holding out hope because it's a pretty small school (hardly any entries on the Results page) so the entire uni has the same visiting weekend. Also I called Monday with a (legit) question about my application and they said they were still reviewing. App deadline was only Jan 15!

Tennessee's application deadline was Feb 1, and their visit is Feb 14-15! That's definitely not typical -- 4 weeks seems to be the average -- but it's not unheard of to give two (or less!) week's notice.

Thanks. I'm holding out hope because it's a pretty small school (hardly any entries on the Results page) so the entire uni has the same visiting weekend. Also I called Monday with a (legit) question about my application and they said they were still reviewing. App deadline was only Jan 15!

Yeah. Definitely don't let me ruin your hope. I was totally just speculating based on my experience. Good luck!

Tennessee's application deadline was Feb 1, and their visit is Feb 14-15! That's definitely not typical -- 4 weeks seems to be the average -- but it's not unheard of to give two (or less!) week's notice.

Tennessee's visit day is also for applicants - not people who have been accepted into the program. I think that's why it's so soon after the deadline. 

Congratulations!  

And the decision is found on the website - no e-mail. 

Huh. Mine still says "an admissions decision has not yet been rendered." Nothing either way. So, I guess I wait some more....