2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Do you check the decision through apply yourself? I checked there and there is no link or anything saying something about a decision even being rendered. Maybe I am checking the wrong link?

I've been checking (and obsessively rechecking) both apply yourself and the "grad status" website. Nothing on either. Maybe they do it in waves.

Do you check the decision through apply yourself? I checked there and there is no link or anything saying something about a decision even being rendered. Maybe I am checking the wrong link?

Mine was https://gradstatus.northwestern.edu/status.php and then I had a "Decision Status:  An admissions decision has been rendered. Please log in to Apply Yourself to view the decision."

It's alright tho - I can finally delete their entry from lastpass; needs to cleaning out. 

Edited by ohgoodness

Woot! Northwestern! 

Not sure how to find funding details, but I'm assuming all admits will be funded according to the following rate? "Q: What is the typical stipend for doctoral students? A: The Graduate School offers a competitive base stipend rate of $22,428 for 12 months." http://www.tgs.northwestern.edu/admission/faq/index.html#Financial Aid

I've been incredibly lucky this application cycle (my second). For those of you who weren't successful this time around, consider me another data point in the don't-lose-hope column: it's a marathon, not a race. Best wishes to everyone still waiting!

It looks like Columbia has started sending out acceptances/waitlists. I unfortunately have not received any emails fromt them yet, but those of you who have gotten something, could you please share? Sorry, I'm starting to get a little anxious...

Has CUNY sent out all of their admission? 

yeah, looks like a lot of folks got into CUNY today. Congratulations!

If any of you who got in have an opinion about whether or not everyone heard at once, I'm all ears. CUNY is one of my top picks and it's not looking good, I suppose. I have some good options, but my partner and I are hoping to live in NYC if it works out.

Is anyone still waiting on UC Davis? I hope not. I called the office today and they said all acceptances had been personally given via telephone by the chair. I guess they're having a glitch in their system, but anyone who has not yet been notified has been rejected.

My first response and it's a rejection. :(

It looks like Columbia has started sending out acceptances/waitlists. I unfortunately have not received any emails fromt them yet, but those of you who have gotten something, could you please share? Sorry, I'm starting to get a little anxious...

I got waitlisted -- received an email on Wednesday directing me to the website. Here were the instructions, but it looks like they didn't update all of the decisions at once:

You may access your decision by logging into the online application athttps://apply.gsas.columbia.edu/apply/. In the “Status Update” section of your Application Status Page, please then click on the link titled "View Update.” A new browser window will appear with your decision.

Is anyone still waiting on UC Davis? I hope not. I called the office today and they said all acceptances had been personally given via telephone by the chair. I guess they're having a glitch in their system, but anyone who has not yet been notified has been rejected.

My first response and it's a rejection. :(

Try to keep your spirits up. I applied to a dozen doctoral programs, two terminal M.A. programs under doctoral programs requiring reapplication, and four stand-alone M.A. programs. I've only been rejected by one doctoral program (Notre Dame) and three others have sent out acceptances (Minnesota, Indiana, and Northwestern). However, I have yet to be rejected or even officially wait-listed at the three schools that have already sent out acceptances.

We're not rejected until we're officially rejected, so try not to lose hope. 

You may access your decision by logging into the online application athttps://apply.gsas.columbia.edu/apply/. In the “Status Update” section of your Application Status Page, please then click on the link titled "View Update.” A new browser window will appear with your decision.

I don't see a link titled "View Update."

Someone got an acceptance from UCSD??? ;-(

That was me. There was a small issue with the letter I initially received that leads me to believe that the bulk of offers may not have been released yet. Keep the faith, Darth!