2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Ya killin' me, Yale. It looks like last year's folks heard by the end of the 2nd week in February. CMONNNNN. :o

Ditto, and I wish Cornell would just send out rejections already as well. I'm ready for this whole process to be over--two months of obsession is more than enough.

What are your thoughts on the meaning of this?  Emails haven't all been sent out, phone calls haven't all been made, or waitlisted?  None of the above? 

It's tough to say. Different programs do things differently. Some of them reject in waves that represent their interest in people, rejecting the people they know for sure they won't admit first. Other programs seem to be much more arbitrary, like rejecting in alphabetical order or something. 

I wouldn't read too much into it. I had the same thing happen with UCLA, and I ultimately got rejected anyway. So it could go either way still. 

Convinced that the 4 BU waitlist posts are someone's idea of a cruel joke. Since no one has stepped forward to claim any of them and considering (according to the results page) that BU never waitlists, I'm convinced there's someone out there pointing and laughing at us! <_<

It's tough to say. Different programs do things differently. Some of them reject in waves that represent their interest in people, rejecting the people they know for sure they won't admit first. Other programs seem to be much more arbitrary, like rejecting in alphabetical order or something. 

I wouldn't read too much into it. I had the same thing happen with UCLA, and I ultimately got rejected anyway. So it could go either way still. 

Yeah, that's a pretty logical conclusion... or they somehow lost both my phone number and email!

Yeah, that's a pretty logical conclusion... or they somehow lost both my phone number and email!

Maybe resend it to them. It will show you're proactive: 

"Hello. I noticed on online forums that you have sent out rejections and placed acceptance phone calls. I have received neither. This leads me to the conclusion that you may have lost my phone number and email address, so I have included them both below. 

I certainly understand how this could happen. I lose email addresses all the time, so there are no hard feelings. 

I look forward to your call/message, whichever it may be."

So, I still have received nothing from UCLA... just end the torture already!

So, I still have received nothing from UCLA... just end the torture already!

I applied to UCLA last year and never heard back from them. Seriously, they just never told me anything. I called and asked and the graduate secretary told me that she couldn't tell me over the phone. Then, she never told me at all. That, combined with the fact that I really don't want to live in L.A. led me not to reapply this year. 

I applied to UCLA last year and never heard back from them. Seriously, they just never told me anything. I called and asked and the graduate secretary told me that she couldn't tell me over the phone. Then, she never told me at all. That, combined with the fact that I really don't want to live in L.A. led me not to reapply this year. 

I emailed a few weeks ago after rejections came out.  Nothing.  Emailed again today, and I am expecting nothing again.  I just want to know so I can cross it off the list, is that so much to ask?!

Just found the black hole that is this website. 

Dumped my results into the survey. 

Is it normal to see a school having sent out acceptances, waitlists, and rejections and STILL have not heard anything?

Edited by oilandvinegar

Is it normal to see a school having sent out acceptances, waitlists, and rejections and STILL have not heard anything?

Nothing's normal in this process, it seems :)

Could be that you're being considered for a freestanding MA program (like MAPSS or Columbia's MA)...but then again, I wouldn't rule anything out!

Funding from Florida! Looks like I'm probably going to be delving into the world of interdisciplinary tropical conservation this fall.

Well done, that sounds wonderful!

Meanwhile, what the flip is going on with NYU? Put me out of my misery so that I can get on with my life.