2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Yeah I haven't been "officially" rejected yet, but since people have posted official wait-lists I am not investing too much hope into the idea of being accepted.  Sorry for a negative opinion, I just try to be as realistic as possible with this process, no need to create any extra distress when it could be avoided.

No extra distress for me, I've gotten an offer from a school I would have chosen over UMN anyways, and either way, at this point I've come to terms with it.  I haven't yet given up hope on UMass or Vanderbilt yet though.

Yeah I haven't been "officially" rejected yet, but since people have posted official wait-lists I am not investing too much hope into the idea of being accepted.  Sorry for a negative opinion, I just try to be as realistic as possible with this process, no need to create any extra distress when it could be avoided.

I think this is more for schools that have not sent out official wait list notifications. 

Edited by xdarthveganx

Since I haven't heard from UConn or Temple by now, I'm assuming I was rejected. I did give in and call Rutgers last week, and apparently the adcomm is in the last stage of discussions and decisions should be finalized next week. I'm not holding out hope because I've already seen people wait listed for funding. Assuming a rejection will be coming from Brandeis soon. So... UDel and one school in a different field are left. Crossing fingers...

Has anyone heard from the University of Pittsburgh? 

I worked up the courage to call. They told me that the adcom was still deliberating and that they would send out letters next week. Perhaps those two posts were from someone who was notified by their POI?

Think it's time for me to stop coming on the Sociology board. I've been rejected officially from 2 of my 4 and the other 2 have already reached out to acceptances and waitlists (Rutgers and BU). So I just need to focus my energy on Women/Gender Studies. But I'll keep holding some hope for Rutgers since I interviewed and BU since we haven't seen any acceptances on the board.

It's all about that sentence on their homepage explicitly saying "do not call us - we'll call you if you measure up".   Rough if anything

Mh. True.

No, but really, I can't wait until mid march to get an official rejection. My brain would keep hoping.

Think it's time for me to stop coming on the Sociology board. I've been rejected officially from 2 of my 4 and the other 2 have already reached out to acceptances and waitlists (Rutgers and BU). So I just need to focus my energy on Women/Gender Studies. But I'll keep holding some hope for Rutgers since I interviewed and BU since we haven't seen any acceptances on the board.

Seriously, something very odd is going on at BU so just hang on to that for sure. There are always a ton of acceptances from there posted when they go out. I bet they are finalizing stuff still. :) Fingers crossed for you!

Claiming the Johns Hopkins rejection and the Temple acceptance. I called the grad director at JHU and she said all 7 acceptances have been sent out, though admits have yet to accept offers. She alluded to an unofficial waitlist. I say unofficial because she never used the word wait list but mentioned there are people in line if someone declines and she didn't have that list available to check my status.

Also, I emailed the Temple director and he emailed me back with an acceptance, though they will take a few weeks to let me know of available funding packages, if any exist.

Hopefully this info is helpful to someone since the forum and results search have been rather quiet for these schools.