2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Turns out I was mistaken. Both Northwestern and Yale are holding their open houses the same week, but NU's is Wed/Thurs and Yale's is Fri/Sat. Attending both, though difficult, is within the realm of possibility. Will see.  In any case, thank you for that very helpful suggestion, AMLobo! I may have to make similar arrangements.

I set up my conflicting visits to be one right after the other instead... so I fly straight from one to the next.  I'll be at one next Wed/Thurs, then the next Fri/Sat, so I'll let you know how that goes... lol...

Has anyone received their funding packages from UCSD yet?

I talked to my POI on Monday, and she mentioned that they were "working diligently" to put the packages together.  But... no, I haven't received anything.  I would assume we would get them before the visit next week... I hope...

I talked to my POI on Monday, and she mentioned that they were "working diligently" to put the packages together.  But... no, I haven't received anything.  I would assume we would get them before the visit next week... I hope...

I am hoping by Friday. UCSD is a top choice of mine, but I will need a full funding package in order to make it all feasible... I am bit concerned that there are not going to be that many full offers.

I set up my conflicting visits to be one right after the other instead... so I fly straight from one to the next.  I'll be at one next Wed/Thurs, then the next Fri/Sat, so I'll let you know how that goes... lol...

Whew! That takes some serious stamina! If you're flying, and I assume you are, may your flights proceed smoothly. Also, may your successive visits invigorate you! With back-to-back appointments like that, it may feel a wee bit like speed dating. Best of luck! :)

Oh man, I can't imagine how frustrating it was when you realized the attachment was missing.

Ya no kidding, it said please see the attached document for information regarding your initial funding package and then there was no document, haha. They did also say that they are still hoping to put together a much better multi-year funding package and that the info they sent today was just their initial offer while they continue to work on it. I emailed the graduate coordinator and asked him to resend it. 

Edited by xdarthveganx

I got the UCSD funding notice today. I don't think it's full funding though: $18k for 3 years + tuition. It sure as hell doesn't beat Harvard's $31k for 5 years, but I really want to go to UCSD.

Everyone's funding package is different, and yours is definitely better than mine, lol.  Just FYI, in making your decision.  Sounds like UCSD is very impressed with you!  :)

I got the UCSD funding notice today. I don't think it's full funding though: $18k for 3 years + tuition. It sure as hell doesn't beat Harvard's $31k for 5 years, but I really want to go to UCSD.

Do you have to TA or RA? 

Reached out to BU DGS, rejected. Seems no one from the board was accepted

Blah, I emailed the program coordinator instead of the grad director accidentally. I got a "your application is under review by the department right now, you should know in a couple weeks." Aka rejected. I really wish I'd emailed the grad director so I could have just gotten a definitive answer. I feel like I can't now though since I contacted the program coordinator. 

Everyone's funding package is different, and yours is definitely better than mine, lol.  Just FYI, in making your decision.  Sounds like UCSD is very impressed with you!   :)

Do you have to TA or RA? 

Thanks! I wonder if they would redistribute the funding if I reject the offer. I really want UCSD, but there's no way I can live with that money in San Diego. I got an RA for the third year.

Thanks! I wonder if they would redistribute the funding if I reject the offer. I really want UCSD, but there's no way I can live with that money in San Diego. I got an RA for the third year.

So you wouldn't have to TA or RA for the first two years? 

So a respondent in the results page just noted that all Yale acceptances should have gone out. I figured as much. I think that, for me, it's time to finally close the book on this phase of the grad school process.

Super happy with how it all turned out though! I'm very excited to start visiting and looking forward to Rutgers especially. 

hi friends, this is my first time posting--so nice to meet you.

folks who were accepted at NYU, i wonder if any of you would be willing to offer a sense of how seriously you're considering this acceptance, given your options?  i was waitlisted there and it's really my top choice.  wanting to know whether it's wise to continue keeping my hopes up.

thanks, look forward to meeting some of you at the open house!  hope everyone's season isn't complete misery.

So there was a discussion on the results page about the Yale situation with acceptances and I would like to know more about the answer:

Do we actually know that they have sent out acceptances or is someone just using inference and possibly misleading us? 

If someone has proper information then I would sure like to know 

So there was a discussion on the results page about the Yale situation with acceptances and I would like to know more about the answer:

Do we actually know that they have sent out acceptances or is someone just using inference and possibly misleading us? 

If someone has proper information then I would sure like to know 

Someone on this thread has claimed an acceptance, so I assume the ones on the results page from a couple of days ago are real.

Someone on this thread has claimed an acceptance, so I assume the ones on the results page from a couple of days ago are real.

Yeah I do believe that they did send out things but the latest claim on the results board was that all acceptances had gone out.. There are only 2 results on the page and I have it verified that they were looking for a cohort of 8.  I feel like there could still be a couple of acceptances coming.. 

Yeah I do believe that they did send out things but the latest claim on the results board was that all acceptances had gone out.. There are only 2 results on the page and I have it verified that they were looking for a cohort of 8.  I feel like there could still be a couple of acceptances coming.. 

Well, I emailed them today because I'm ready to get all of this over with.  So, I'll let you know if I hear anything back... lol.

Re. Yale: They sent out the Visit Days invite yesterday. The CC field of that invite included the email addresses of all the prospective admits. If the other prospective grad students on that list didn't already know that they'd been accepted, then they must surely know it now. 

Edit: Hence, the reasoning behind my response posted to the results board.

Edited by La_Di_Da