2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Congrats! How did you find out if you don't mind me asking?

I received an email from the co-director telling me that they are hoping they will be able to make me an offer in the next couple weeks.

Essentially, I deferred my acceptance for a year with the note that I was waiting for funding. NEU lost my application last year (even though the material was in on time and I'm an alumnae) and as result, didn't process my information until oh, May of last year. I got accepted, but they said they couldn't give me funding but a good idea was to defer. 

So I did. Perhaps you could say I'm on the "waitlist" for funding, but either way I'm admitted I believe! 

Did he by any chance mention the likelihood of getting funding by any chance?

Rice made their decisions this morning. I was accepted. For future posters, the stipend is $27,500. The department is energetic and friendly. It's collaborative and supports a mixed methods approach.

Good luck to everyone waiting to get off the waitlist or another acceptance letter.

Well, I was admitted to NEU last year and got a message from the DGS that finally they would be offering me funding. Three days later, got a message again saying that they obviously wouldn't be able to offer that funding package anymore because of some kind of a budget shift. I was shocked. But a more surprising thing just came out this year. They aren't offering me admission at all. Yes, I know, "unusually competitive pool of applicants".

And just saw that they had lost somebody's application last year. I am starting to feel that there is something wrong with NEU.

Rice made their decisions this morning. I was accepted. For future posters, the stipend is $27,500. The department is energetic and friendly. It's collaborative and supports a mixed methods approach.

Good luck to everyone waiting to get off the waitlist or another acceptance letter.

Wow 27,500!  Congrats!! 

I had a skype with Cornell today and was notified that I got a scholarship (thanks to scandinavia) for the first year, which means no extra heavy work load! 

So if anyone is looking for a roomie in Ithaca - here I am! 

Edited by ohgoodness

Wow 27,500!  Congrats!! 

I had a skype with Cornell today and was notified that I got a scholarship (thanks to scandinavia) for the first year, which means no extra heavy work load! 

Congrats! What a relief it must be to have made a decision! :)

Hey everyone! I applied to the sociology and criminology MA programs at UoT, sociology at Queens, and socio-legal studies at York in Ontario, Canada - has anyone heard anything from these particular programs?

Sending you a PM

Well, I was admitted to NEU last year and got a message from the DGS that finally they would be offering me funding. Three days later, got a message again saying that they obviously wouldn't be able to offer that funding package anymore because of some kind of a budget shift. I was shocked. But a more surprising thing just came out this year. They aren't offering me admission at all. Yes, I know, "unusually competitive pool of applicants".

And just saw that they had lost somebody's application last year. I am starting to feel that there is something wrong with NEU.

Dude, really!? I'm starting to wonder about the e-mails that the Director is sending me. Something is def't up at NEU Sociology it seems like....

Did he by any chance mention the likelihood of getting funding by any chance?

No, in fact he stopped responding to my e-mails. Must send out another email now!

Wow 27,500!  Congrats!! 

I got accepted to Cornell too! GREAT funding right?? I haven't decided where I'm going. It'll be very hard decision. Are you visiting?

Accepted into South Florida's master's program with full funding!......and they have a doctoral program to stay around for too. 

Congrats!  Robert Benford was the chair at my current department before he left for USF (he left before I got here), but I think he is a pretty big name in social movements because of his contributions to the framing literature.

Was rejected by the PhD program but was offered admission to MAPSS at University of Chicago. One third tuition scholarship. Campus days are April 10-12th. 

Unless I when I visit I despise the two programs to which I have funded offers, I'll be declining.

Edited by oilandvinegar

friend who got into NYU off the waitlist--congrats! 

i'm curious--did you do anything in the intervening period between first getting placed on the waitlist and then hearing yesterday that you were accepted? 

Sooo... Any news from Rutgers? Has anyone rejected their acceptance? Has anyone from the waiting list got in/got funding?

And what's with Albany? I've seen only one acceptance at the results page...

I have another option, but really would like to close these two pages of admission process :) So any information will be very much appreciated!

Sooo... Any news from Rutgers? Has anyone rejected their acceptance? Has anyone from the waiting list got in/got funding?

And what's with Albany? I've seen only one acceptance at the results page...

I have another option, but really would like to close these two pages of admission process :) So any information will be very much appreciated!

I haven't heard anything from Albany either.