2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

With only 6, I guess the likelihood of any of them being gradcafe peeps decreases.  Still a bit strange!

Yes, the lone JHU acceptance on the results search page gave me hope that they didn't do acceptances in bulk. JHU was my 'dream program.' A tiny part deep inside of me still hopes someone declines their offer and I'm on that magical unofficial waitlist.

Yes, the lone JHU acceptance on the results search page gave me hope that they didn't do acceptances in bulk. JHU was my 'dream program.' A tiny part deep inside of me still hopes someone declines their offer and I'm on that magical unofficial waitlist.

Surely there's a waitlist!  I emailed this morning to see if I could get confirmation of my rejection and am still waiting on a response. I'll let you know what I hear.

Anyone reached out to UPenn and know whether they're done with admissions offers? 

I mean, it's not like I'm trolling for rejections but let's get this show on the road.

I emailed the Graudate Coordinator at UPenn yesterday and I haven't heard anything back yet.  I'm sure it's a rejection, but I just want some finality and closure already.

Out of curiosity, Farragoshy, when did you hear from Brandeis? I'm thinking about caving and sending them an email. Ready for my rejection...

I got an e-mail from a faculty member a couple weeks back. My guess is that they have a very short, informal waitlist but I don't know if those folks have been notified. 

I got an e-mail from a faculty member a couple weeks back. My guess is that they have a very short, informal waitlist but I don't know if those folks have been notified. 

Just out of curiosity, what is your number one? Did you get funding at Rutgers?

Congrats to the both of you as well!

Though this now means I can add Cornell to the list of schools that may or may not be making secret waitlists and tiered admissions. Sill haven't heard one way or another from UChicago...

Rutgers is indeed my number one, and I've got funding - we'll see how visiting day goes, I might consider Brandeis, and we'll see what happens if I get into Yale. 

Thanks, this is good to know. 

Edited by oilandvinegar

Way to go! That's probably the most or one of the most competitive program in the country (in terms of percent admitted).

Thank you!  And thank you everyone for the kind words!  I ran out of upvotes! ;)  I seriously was in shock.  I had completely written it off because it was so competitive.  I saw a 212 area code on my missed calls and immediately googled it and saw it was a POI... and I thought he must have called the wrong person, which is why he didn't leave a message.  Lol.  Good thing I picked up the next time he called!  

I got in at UF with 5 years of funding plus a fellowship for 4 years. Just now getting around to posting about it. :) From my understanding of searching through last year's posts regarding funding, their offer is pretty good for a public school. But, I'm still waiting it out at a few other places.

I got in at UF with 5 years of funding plus a fellowship for 4 years. Just now getting around to posting about it. :) From my understanding of searching through last year's posts regarding funding, their offer is pretty good for a public school. But, I'm still waiting it out at a few other places.

Won't let me upvote, so HOORAY again :)

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from Vanderbilt?  I haven't heard a thing and there have already been a few acceptances posted and a bunch of rejections.

Vanderbilt adcomm must have been reading this thread, just got an email from them a few minutes ago.  My decision is getting easier and easier.  But hey, you only need one right?  Well,  I guess I technically got three offers, but the other 2 are out of the top 50 and came after my acceptance to Arizona.

I think I'll go ahead and email Irvine and Amherst and put an end to this.