2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Just got the good news from Rutgers! Could not be more excited, seriously, the faculty there are a really wonderful fit for me. Other folks who interviewed with them should be hearing soon, I'll bet.

Congrats!! Any word on funding? I didn't get an interview but I did have an informal phone interview with a professor a few months ago so I'm still holding on to a shred of hope.

Just got the good news from Rutgers! Could not be more excited, seriously, the faculty there are a really wonderful fit for me. Other folks who interviewed with them should be hearing soon, I'll bet.

Makes me nervous. I had the phone interview but haven't heard anything yet. How were you notified?

Congrats to the Rutgers acceptances!  Although I didn't apply there, I was very impressed with their program, especially along the lines of mind, cognition, and culture.  I think they are doing some good work in this area.

Makes me nervous. I had the phone interview but haven't heard anything yet. How were you notified?

E-mail from the grad director; probably will be followed up with a phone call. 

Congrats!! Any word on funding? I didn't get an interview but I did have an informal phone interview with a professor a few months ago so I'm still holding on to a shred of hope.

Standard full package - 5 years. Pretty generous stipend. 

You're on a roll.  Congrats

Thanks! I was worried that my MA from leaving one PhD program would read as a liability to some adcomms, but I guess not. 

Congrats to the Rutgers acceptances! Although I didn't apply there, I was very impressed with their program, especially along the lines of mind, cognition, and culture. I think they are doing some good work in this area.

I don't really consider myself a cognitive sociologist, but I very nearly applied to Rutgers just for the chance to work with Eviatar Zerubavel. Brilliant stuff.

I don't really consider myself a cognitive sociologist, but I very nearly applied to Rutgers just for the chance to work with Eviatar Zerubavel. Brilliant stuff.

Same here.  He would have been my main reason for applying...  I have predominant interests in cognitive sociology and the philosophy of mind, but, unfortunately, did not have the time to get an application in to Rutgers. Omar Lizardo at Notre Dame is doing some really nice work in this area as well.  Hopefully ND will want a prospective cognitive sociologist or two in the new cohort...

Is it safe to assume rejection from Rutgers since I wasn't contacted yesterday? I see some acceptances and waitlists posted in the results.

I wish they'd tell rejects at the same time. I thought my phone interview went well but I guess I wasn't a good enough fit. :/

Is it safe to assume rejection from Rutgers since I wasn't contacted yesterday? I see some acceptances and waitlists posted in the results.

I wish they'd tell rejects at the same time. I thought my phone interview went well but I guess I wasn't a good enough fit. :/

There may still be a chance... I got in (I had the phone interview) but... I am on the funding waitlist. What a total bummer. I think there are many of us on the funding waitlist.

Any advice for finding out the dates of the NYU open house? I don't know whether or not I'll get in, but if I do, I really want to attend — but I have to buy flights for other schools' open houses. The late acceptance date is making planning challenging. Certainly, there are worse problems to have. But if anyone has suggestions about finding out open house dates, I'm all ears. Thanks!

I'm in the same situation - I emailed the department and they said the visit is planned for March 28 and 29 (no word on decisions yet, though!).

I'm in the same situation - I emailed the department and they said the visit is planned for March 28 and 29 (no word on decisions yet, though!).

Thank you! That's great to know.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG COME ON NYU!

Maybe they have 3,000 applications this year and they have decided to just throw them out of the window and the first 4 get in and the rest go in the incinerator?

I know I'm not getting in but I'd just like to be told.

Edited by frasier

Did anyone get funding from Rutgers?

I did - funding does exist! idk how many full offers went out, since I haven't seen too many acceptances go up in the results, but I know that there are offers floating around and you've still got a shot if you're on the waitlist.