We are not appliCANTs...

Soleil ت

We are appliCANs!

Take a deep breath, appliCANs.  We've made it to February in one (or perhaps just a few) pieces.

Congratulations to all the appliCANs!  You're experiencing something many people dread and ultimately avoid out of fear and anxiety.  No matter what happens, we've already done the hardest part!  Woohoo!

AppliCANs of 2013, rah rah rah!

Hahaha.  This is ultra-cheese, but I smiled big.  The difference between that smile and other smiles is that most of my smiles recently have been from people making funny word play about how miserable their lives are right now.  But Michelle has given us something to smile about that is completely based in positive thinking.  Thanks Michelle!

Someone once told me that the power of positive thinking is an unmatched universal force. You wield great power Michelle. Thank you for the cheer and using it for good  :D

Edited by VBD

So what happens if one gets rejected across the board and wake up to nothing?  Post-application distress will hit some of us and I doubt that taking the first step, applying, is the hardest one.  

Sorry for falling for the grinch-trap but I hate anything that reminds me of Gilmore Girls and this sure did... Smiling yuck

OK this is super cheesy, but I love it nonetheless.

Yes, cheesy as heck, but I like the positivity.

I am beginning my slow clap (you know, like the one at the end of the movie "Lucas")

So what happens if one gets rejected across the board and wake up to nothing?  Post-application distress will hit some of us and I doubt that taking the first step, applying, is the hardest one.  

Sorry for falling for the grinch-trap but I hate anything that reminds me of Gilmore Girls and this sure did... Smiling yuck

I'm not convinced I won't be denied across the board.  The difference between me and you is that I won't let it ruin my positive attitude and I sure won't make it another person's problem.  I'll try again, harder the second time and with the same positive outlook. ;)

As a big fan of Gilmore Girls AND SNL (thanks for the Debbie Downer vid), I would say that hopefully the fact that we're all applying to grad school means we have a good bit of intelligence and common sense. We have to know that there is a possibility of not getting in and having another plan ready for that outcome. However, in the meantime Dream Big and Pray Hard! It is, after all, something we want badly or we wouldn't have subjected ourselves to writing SOPs, bothering LORs, or taking the dreaded GRE (let's not mention all the costs)! Think positive! Here's to believing that we will all get what we expect!

A rejection across the board doesn't mean that you are a horrible, bad student/person/whatever. It just means that those schools didn't have funding, good fit, etc, so many other things than you personally come into play. Rejection across the board just means that now you get to carve your own unique path to grad school, and hey, things happen for a reason, and sometimes have a tendency to work themselves out. You can still stay an applican xD *gives a cookie to Ohgoodness* 

A rejection across the board doesn't mean that you are a horrible, bad student/person/whatever. It just means that those schools didn't have funding, good fit, etc, so many other things than you personally come into play. Rejection across the board just means that now you get to carve your own unique path to grad school, and hey, things happen for a reason, and sometimes have a tendency to work themselves out. You can still stay an applican xD *gives a cookie to Ohgoodness* 

Whaaateeever! *snaps fingers*

Edited by ohgoodness

We are appliCANs!

Take a deep breath, appliCANs.  We've made it to February in one (or perhaps just a few) pieces.   Congratulations to all the appliCANs!  You're experiencing something many people dread and ultimately avoid out of fear and anxiety.  No matter what happens, we've already done the hardest part!  Woohoo!   AppliCANs of 2013, rah rah rah!

I like your attitude! Being realistic, I'm still going to be mental until I hear back....but I like it none the less.

I'd never seen Gilmore Girls before, but this post inspired me to watch it today.  Just looking for time killers! :lol: