Study Snacks

Dal PhDer

Chips are my weakness...I just can't keep them around me because I will eat an entire bag in one sitting... especially ketchup!!! 

I tend to get 2 bags of family size hot cheeto puffs for $5 when I have finals, and I'll just eat the both in 1 or 2 sittings.

Chips are my weakness...I just can't keep them around me because I will eat an entire bag in one sitting... especially ketchup!!! 

I actually don't like potato chips (Gasp! Yes I know lol) but I love green plantain chips! They're so hard to find in Canada though, at least if you're not on/near the East Coast.

I went to Costco the other day and came out with containers of cashews, pistachios (yay, no shells), and chocolate-covered macadamia nuts with caramel and sea salt (not to mention Wheat thins, pasta, canned beans, clementines, hummus, Greek-style yogurt, cranberry juice, and lots of toilet paper). When the zombie apocalypse happens, y'all can come over to my house!

See, I can't keep snacks in the house.  I don't have the discipline to eat them in moderation.  Normally, I'm a Whole Foods/organic/snacks-are-the-devil kind of girl.  But, after a really, really rough week, I'll walk 3/4 mile to Krispy Kreme and get a half dozen warm, glazed donuts.  Mmmmm...

You know, this week has been kind of rough *puts on sneakers*

I have recently gotten into sea salt kettle potato chips with olive and tomato tapenade.  My salty addiction.... Other than that, surviving on protein shakes and the occasional fast food.  Gotta cut the fast food out... it is NOT helping!! 

I've been getting into chocolate covered frozen bananas lately. Obviously, you can only enjoy this when you are at home. I just microwave a bar of really dark chocolate (even though I like milk chocolate much better) with some peanut butter, spread it on banana slices, and freeze. One hour later you have a yummy snack and a serving of fruit.

I don't even like bananas and this sounds amazing. You are brilliant :)

I tend to snack on toffees (but those go really, really fast), ginger candy, and baby carrots, when my fridge doesn't accidentally freeze them before I can get around to eating them. I find that I need chewy things more than anything... but gum doesn't work? i'm weird, I guess. I also like cheese and crackers, though I find I usually snack on that when I'm taking a break. And, of course, copious amounts of tea. Always.

Right now I'm trying a tactic where instead of reaching for the bag of toffees I reach for my knitting (which is the same stitch over and over, so I don't have to look) because I think it serves the same psychology must-do-something-else-while-focused purpose. Unless I'm actually hungry, that is...

Usually I snack on cheese and crackers. I love those multi-layer dips for chips with cheese, guac, sour cream, etc. I've become addicted to those. If I'm feeling really healthy, I snack on a bunch of grapes. I was so into my work that I finished a whole bunch by myself pretty quickly. Oof. My poor stomach.

Carrots and hummus are my go to. Or just hummus on a finger. Slightly microwaved string cheese sticks. I just signed up for a graze.com snackbox and I AM SO EXCITED even though they mostly look like lame healthy snacks.

The ironic thing with wine-infused wine gums? One version of the story is that wine gums were invented for recovering alcoholics!

I feel like this is foretelling...

I don't have anything particular to add about snacks, but I'm just chiming in to say that my best friend has actually made alcohol infused gummy worms and they are superb :D

I heard rum gummy bears were great!! I want to try them! But I can never leave the gummies sitting around long enough for it to work (...same goes for the booze :( )

Usually I snack on cheese and crackers. I love those multi-layer dips for chips with cheese, guac, sour cream, etc. I've become addicted to those. If I'm feeling really healthy, I snack on a bunch of grapes. I was so into my work that I finished a whole bunch by myself pretty quickly. Oof. My poor stomach.

I LOOVE these!

And I love how adaptable they are!

I have a layer of refried beans, chillies, avocado, hamburger/onions, soy- sourcream with taco mix whipped in and topped with cheese, peppers, olives, tomatos and green onions! it's a delicious meal!!

I LOOVE these!

And I love how adaptable they are!

I have a layer of refried beans, chillies, avocado, hamburger/onions, soy- sourcream with taco mix whipped in and topped with cheese, peppers, olives, tomatos and green onions! it's a delicious meal!!

I just ate dinner, but after reading this, I am hungry all over again. This sounds amazing! Why do I feel like the only thing that can get me through this grad school ordeal is yummy food?! Thank goodness I like to exercise too!

I just ate dinner, but after reading this, I am hungry all over again. This sounds amazing! Why do I feel like the only thing that can get me through this grad school ordeal is yummy food?! Thank goodness I like to exercise too!

It's because it's the only thing that eases the stress and pain!! (that and shopping!!)

My new 'out of the house snack' is frozen yogurt! we just got a place here in my city- it's so good...I'mma be so fat...good thing it's a 20 minute walk there!

I heard rum gummy bears were great!! I want to try them! But I can never leave the gummies sitting around long enough for it to work (...same goes for the booze :( )

Haha if gummy bears are in my general vicinity, I will inhale them. This is a fact.

Carrots and hummus are my go to. Or just hummus on a finger. Slightly microwaved string cheese sticks. I just signed up for a graze.com snackbox and I AM SO EXCITED even though they mostly look like lame healthy snacks.

Ooh I use graze! I've gotten three boxes so far and I'd say I've liked about 75% of what I've gotten.

It's because it's the only thing that eases the stress and pain!! (that and shopping!!)

My new 'out of the house snack' is frozen yogurt! we just got a place here in my city- it's so good...I'mma be so fat...good thing it's a 20 minute walk there!

I love shopping! Which reminds me. Retail therapy followed by cold stone ice cream is my recipe for success. Ice cream makes everything better. Yep, food is my path to a PhD.

I love shopping! Which reminds me. Retail therapy followed by cold stone ice cream is my recipe for success. Ice cream makes everything better. Yep, food is my path to a PhD.

Why does spending money feel so good? I like new shiney things!

It's 11:30am, and I'm dying to break into my lunch...*sigh*...this always happens, I eat everything before noon and then I'm hungry at 2pm and left with nothing! Curse you food!