Study Snacks

Dal PhDer

For me, when I sit down for a day of hardcore work, I indulge in guilty eating to make the process 10000x more enjoyable. What are your go to study foods, good or bad.

I'm on a wine gummy kick! They're the perfect size and chewy factor! I'm also big into Triscuit crackers (their new tomato ones are so yummy)...oh, and I have to have a can of diet coke. 

Do you let yourself have treat snacks to make the work time better? 

I always have study dates with my friends where we all bring snacks and eat all day while we study. Junk food does make it much more enjoyable!

Wine gummies o_O I've never heard of those, but I am intrigued now!  I love junk food while studying, especially late night study.  I love japaleno cheetos, redvines, ginger ale, reeses peanut butter cups, oreos and more.  Not all together of course...it mostly depends on what I'm craving that day. I guess I usually resort to junk foods on nights where I know I have to study a lot because I justify it by saying "oh well, I won't have time to cook anything..." hahaha, horrible.

Depends on where I'm working and what I have around. I like to snack on cheese and crackers, chips and guacamole or hummus, carrots with hummus, cookies, and fresh fruit depending on the time of day. I try not to keep unhealthy snacks around because I know I'll eat them. 

Nope! I don't keep any snacks around. I mostly drink lots and lots of herbal tea, mostly ginger and chamomile. When I feel like a salty or sweet treat, I'll have one, but I guess the sticky fingers aspect of it has kept me from snacking while I work on the computer.

Depends on where I'm working and what I have around. I like to snack on cheese and crackers, chips and guacamole or hummus, carrots with hummus, cookies, and fresh fruit depending on the time of day. I try not to keep unhealthy snacks around because I know I'll eat them. 

Yum! Wish you were in my office! My officemates keep boxes of cereal, cookies, and chips around--so tempting, but I usually say no.

I've been getting into chocolate covered frozen bananas lately. Obviously, you can only enjoy this when you are at home. I just microwave a bar of really dark chocolate (even though I like milk chocolate much better) with some peanut butter, spread it on banana slices, and freeze. One hour later you have a yummy snack and a serving of fruit.

Sometimes I'll drink tea :P or have some cheese and/or fruit. Although I avoid constant snacking because it makes me feel... not so great. I can end up just snacking my way through the whole day and never having a proper meal. If I feel I need some energy/food I'll just go and make myself a plate and fill it with proper food. I do have "afternoon tea" with some fruit and dark chocolate since I eat dinner a bit late. I guess that could be considered snacking :rolleyes:

I like snacks that do not get my hands sticky or dirty and that take a while to eat. Snacks that are too easy to eat are dangerous since I end up just eating instead of doing work, or finishing all the snacks within 10 minutes of work!

So wine gums or other hard gummies work really well for me (I didn't realise how good they are for snacking while working until my office mate last year brought in a giant bag of wine gums that she got from Costco!). Baby carrots are also good when I want to feel less bad about my snacking!

In the mornings, a hot tea or coffee motivates me to start the day or when the weather outside is crappy. I also really enjoyed walking to the Tim Hortons on campus to grab a coffee -- not really snacking, but the walk with my friends and perhaps a treat makes the following hours of work much better! Tim Hortons need to start opening stores down here in California!!!

If I'm going for a serious study session, I get a family size bag of hot cheeto puffs and pour servings into a bowl. Each serving is a reward for a completed goal, such as reading a chapter or writing a paper.

I also like things like grapes, sliced fruit, english muffins with butter and preserves, and  vegetables with ranch dip.

I like to eat healthy...but there's something so satisfying to eating junk while you work! It's like 'you're worth it!'

Wine gummies o_O I've never heard of those, but I am intrigued now!  I love junk food while studying, especially late night study.  I love japaleno cheetos, redvines, ginger ale, reeses peanut butter cups, oreos and more.  Not all together of course...it mostly depends on what I'm craving that day. I guess I usually resort to junk foods on nights where I know I have to study a lot because I justify it by saying "oh well, I won't have time to cook anything..." hahaha, horrible.

Wine gummies are little candies that aren't really sweet - they're a bit tart- and generally kind of hard and chewy! They are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!! However, gummies soaked in wine would be 100% better! :)

I've been getting into chocolate covered frozen bananas lately. Obviously, you can only enjoy this when you are at home. I just microwave a bar of really dark chocolate (even though I like milk chocolate much better) with some peanut butter, spread it on banana slices, and freeze. One hour later you have a yummy snack and a serving of fruit.

OMG!! Seriously!!! I have to try this! This sounds AMAZING! I have a recipe that is for banana sorbet...it's literally just mashing up a froze banana...it's so good!!

Sometimes I'll drink tea :P or have some cheese and/or fruit. Although I avoid constant snacking because it makes me feel... not so great. I can end up just snacking my way through the whole day and never having a proper meal. If I feel I need some energy/food I'll just go and make myself a plate and fill it with proper food. I do have "afternoon tea" with some fruit and dark chocolate since I eat dinner a bit late. I guess that could be considered snacking :rolleyes:

I always try to avoid snacking...because it can end up in mindless eating...but I can't help myself! I know what you mean about it not making you feel good after awhile...sometimes I'll stop to take a break from work and be like..."oy...my belly..." then I'll look over at my snack and be like "WHO ATE MY SNACK!!?" hehehe

I like snacks that do not get my hands sticky or dirty and that take a while to eat. Snacks that are too easy to eat are dangerous since I end up just eating instead of doing work, or finishing all the snacks within 10 minutes of work!

So wine gums or other hard gummies work really well for me (I didn't realise how good they are for snacking while working until my office mate last year brought in a giant bag of wine gums that she got from Costco!). Baby carrots are also good when I want to feel less bad about my snacking!

In the mornings, a hot tea or coffee motivates me to start the day or when the weather outside is crappy. I also really enjoyed walking to the Tim Hortons on campus to grab a coffee -- not really snacking, but the walk with my friends and perhaps a treat makes the following hours of work much better! Tim Hortons need to start opening stores down here in California!!!

Are wine gummies Canadian? Tims coffee is amazing. You either love it or hate it (but secretly love it!)

....Am I the only one who thought wine gummies were actually just gummies soaked in wine? Yes? Okay. I might try those anyway. 

I make a lemon tahini vegetable dip that is beyond delicious. Fresh veggies with the dip, avocados, rice cakes, and wayyyy too much tea: this is my lunch almost every day. Not sorry. 

....Am I the only one who thought wine gummies were actually just gummies soaked in wine? Yes? Okay. I might try those anyway. 

I make a lemon tahini vegetable dip that is beyond delicious. Fresh veggies with the dip, avocados, rice cakes, and wayyyy too much tea: this is my lunch almost every day. Not sorry. 

HAHAHA! The sad thing is...every time I eat them, I wish they were actually soaked in wine! hehehehe

baby carrots and super crispy fuji apples are the best stress snacks ever! nothing like furiously munching away at a crispy thing. also, chai. so much chai. plus almond milk and honey! and, of course, black coffee. 

comfort foods: crawdad quesadillas (super lazy food- finding crawdad tails is the hard part! after that it's just white corn tortillas, lots of shredded cheese, diced shallots, and spice rub), mmm. also, dip with avocado, herbed goat cheese, chives, roasted garlic, evoo, and s+p- spread that on some slightly stale baguette and you're good! also, for not-stale baguettes, i like putting brie on them, sticking them in the broiler, then topping them with raspberry jam. 

...aaaand now i'm starving. 

you guys have such healthy snacks. My weakness is Pringles... but I don't snack while I'm studying or reading as I find it too distracting... rather, I gorge myself on potato chips at the end of the day as a reward for having finished X or Y or whatever. 

baby carrots and super crispy fuji apples are the best stress snacks ever! nothing like furiously munching away at a crispy thing. also, chai. so much chai. plus almond milk and honey! and, of course, black coffee. 

comfort foods: crawdad quesadillas (super lazy food- finding crawdad tails is the hard part! after that it's just white corn tortillas, lots of shredded cheese, diced shallots, and spice rub), mmm. also, dip with avocado, herbed goat cheese, chives, roasted garlic, evoo, and s+p- spread that on some slightly stale baguette and you're good! also, for not-stale baguettes, i like putting brie on them, sticking them in the broiler, then topping them with raspberry jam. 

...aaaand now i'm starving. 

you've made me sooo hungry!

Your avocado dip sounds AMAZING! I'm a sucker for anything avocado related!

I had a friend that use to make this amazing dip with shrimp, avocado, wasabi, lemon, garlic and green onions. It doesn't sound good, but OH.MY.GOD.....it's amazing! Especially on crunchy bread!

you guys have such healthy snacks. My weakness is Pringles... but I don't snack while I'm studying or reading as I find it too distracting... rather, I gorge myself on potato chips at the end of the day as a reward for having finished X or Y or whatever. 

Chips are my weakness...I just can't keep them around me because I will eat an entire bag in one sitting... especially ketchup!!!