What time of day do acceptance/rejection emails come?

FCP

Question

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what your experience was for when you have received acceptance/rejection emails. That is, what time of day?

Thanks.

This seems to vary greatly, as I got mine at 10 in the morning, but my best friend got hers around 8 o'clock at night.

For the record, though, your application status is often updated before the email notification is sent out. For instance, I logged in to my application at 10 a.m. and noticed that a decision was ready. I clicked on the provided link, and viola! There it was. But I didn't get the email telling me to check until the next day, around 12 noon. So if I hadn't looked on my own, I'd have been in the dark an excruciating 24 hours.

i've gotten one acceptance email in the morning (9:00 am EST), one rejection in the late afternoon/evening (5:00 pm EST), and one acceptance after checking the website in the afternoon (around 2:00 pm MT). seems to be all over the place!

Letters came at anytime, could be from any angles, directly or indirectly to my mailbox. Like ninjas in the dark attacking their targets with shuriken.

It's just hard to predict. But as far as I can recall, I never received an e-mail after 7 or 8 pm PST regarding my admission decision.

Sorry about this previous post. It was entirely off topic.  For me, I received my notifications last year in the afternoon during business hours.

Sorry, this is a little off topic but is there any truth to the idea that schools send out rejections faster if you call and inquire about your status?

The first few interviews I got were all between 7-9pm on a Friday night, and the most recent was around 8pm on a Wednesday. As far as actual acceptances and rejections, they mainly happened for me in the afternoon, although I woke up to one around 8am one morning.

Mine have all (accepts and rejects) have all come midweek in the morning.  Doesn't stop me from checking each schools' website at all hours of the night and on the weekend though. 

I got my wl Friday at 8 p.m.  My theory is, if it's bad news, they don't want to do it in the morning, coz they might get annoying calls after sent out the results...  While if they send out in the afternoon, the candidates will be more rationale the next day.

Sorry, this is a little off topic but is there any truth to the idea that schools send out rejections faster if you call and inquire about your status?

Typically no, just because of the ways admissions offices work.

Usually they do them in more manageable batches (for letters) for the school post office's sake. So either alphabetically or regionally, you may get your letter faster if you live closer to the school or are further up in the alphabet.

Edited by Erpnope

Typically no, just because of the ways admissions offices work.

Usually they do them in more manageable batches (for letters) for the school post office's sake. So either alphabetically or regionally, you may get your letter faster if you live closer to the school or are further up in the alphabet.

Thank you so much for responding to my post. That makes good sense. Unfortunately for me based on this logic, I'm both geographically far from the school AND my name comes later in the alphabet...but if it's an acceptance, I dont mind waiting an extra day or two to find out B)  

I got my wl Friday at 8 p.m.  My theory is, if it's bad news, they don't want to do it in the morning, coz they might get annoying calls after sent out the results...  While if they send out in the afternoon, the candidates will be more rationale the next day.

Two of my rejections were in the morning. :(

whenever the adcoms/secretaries feel like doing it ;) I'm just imagining them holding our fates on their desks for days straight and simply holding off sending out our acceptance and rejections while they do "more important things"...little do they know how crazy it's making us!

I work in an admissions office (undergrad) right now and at least with our system the decision is posted online whenever it is processed but the actual notification email sent out goes through the IT department which has a program set up to errr sweep the system at a set time (midnight for us) and generate/send out emails so it really depends on the way the school has it set up.