Accepted! Time to purchase school clothing & etc!!!??

rllnyc

Please tell me I'm not the only one who was super excited to go to the school's bookstore and buy a sweatshirt, tshirt, pen, etc!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I was just accepted but I will be attending in the fall and I just want the world to know where I'm going. Not too weird, right?  :blink:

i may or may not have slightly judged my acceptances by the quality and variety of items in their bookstores..!  :D when i make my final decision, i'm treating myself to a new sweatshirt from my school-to-be and a tattoo of my alma mater's motto.

i may or may not have slightly judged my acceptances by the quality and variety of items in their bookstores..!  :D when i make my final decision, i'm treating myself to a new sweatshirt from my school-to-be and a tattoo of my alma mater's motto.

Haha!!!!! Nice!!! Go for it  :lol:

I just accepted an offer at my alma mater's rival school. And I'm talking like, huge, evil, people would die for this kind of rivalry. So I definitely won't be purchasing any clothing or notebooks sporting the school's name. I'm extremely loyal to my undergrad institution (ha, except the fact that I'll be spending more years at our rival than I did there...), so I'd feel like a huge traitor in their clothing. I'm kind of sad, cause if it were any other school, I'd be going crazy at the bookstore right now.

It's unfortunate that my undergrad school didn't have the program I wanted or POI's who interested me, and our rival happened to match up with my goals perfectly. I guess my loyalty lies only with football and not academia.

I just accepted an offer at my alma mater's rival school. And I'm talking like, huge, evil, people would die for this kind of rivalry. So I definitely won't be purchasing any clothing or notebooks sporting the school's name. I'm extremely loyal to my undergrad institution (ha, except the fact that I'll be spending more years at our rival than I did there...), so I'd feel like a huge traitor in their clothing. I'm kind of sad, cause if it were any other school, I'd be going crazy at the bookstore right now.

It's unfortunate that my undergrad school didn't have the program I wanted or POI's who interested me, and our rival happened to match up with my goals perfectly. I guess my loyalty lies only with football and not academia.

Oh man, that's awkward! :( I see what you mean though.....I also applied to a rival school of my undergrad. Their program got 'suspended' though so fortunately I don't have to worry about the evil looks from my school friends if they had seen me in the other school's clothing!

I totally did the same thing when I visited a school this past weekend!  I was accepted to the school (have not officially taken the offer yet), and I bought a bunch of things for family and friends from the bookstore and spent so much! haha.  I will most likely go to this school but have another school visit that may change my mind.  For more merchandise, I am going to wait until I am officially a student...maybe students get some sort of discount.   

I totally did the same thing when I visited a school this past weekend!  I was accepted to the school (have not officially taken the offer yet), and I bought a bunch of things for family and friends from the bookstore and spent so much! haha.  I will most likely go to this school but have another school visit that may change my mind.  For more merchandise, I am going to wait until I am officially a student...maybe students get some sort of discount.   

Awesome!! I love hearing that other people are doing this too. Haha, I got my dad an "NYU Dad" coffee mug. Hopefully students do get discounts at these bookstores!

montana's bookstore has a big selection of stuff, but a lot of things i wanted were sold out in my size/preferred colors. i ended up finding more stuff on fansedge- they seem to have a lot of stuff for NCAA schools, especially D-Is.

I did the same.  I do have a few things from my Master's school but I mostly wear the department-related attire.  I also went to our football game and sat in the student section in my undergrad institute's colors...which was risky but totally worth it when we won.

• 2 weeks later...

Went into J. Press. Sticker shock. Not unexpected, since I do value well-made clothing and spend comparable amounts on clothing I buy, but okay. Will definitely be investing in it over the years. Loved a scarf I saw. 

I can't wait to finally know where I'm going and buy some new gear. Although right now it's looking like I'll be at UT and their color is burnt orange. Not sure how I feel about that lol

I'm guessing from Tennessee to Florida?

YES. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is already stoked to wear gear from the school I'll be attending.

I'm terribly tempted to update my facebook to have my new school on it... but I'm going to try and wait until the fall so I'm not "that guy"

I am "that guy" and I have no shame about it. I'm excited!

YES. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is already stoked to wear gear from the school I'll be attending.

I'm terribly tempted to update my facebook to have my new school on it... but I'm going to try and wait until the fall so I'm not "that guy"

I updated mine. It was an easy way to tell everyone where I had decided to accept with as little work from me as possible. My partner was with me when I decided, my mom got a text, everyone else can check Facebook.

I am "that guy" and I have no shame about it. I'm excited!

Same! Updated my Facebook & even my Google+. I want the world to know!!!!!

I've totally been browsing the items! I feel so lucky that my graduate institution has the same colors as my alma mater since they're both in the same university system (UC Davis and UC Berkeley). I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that my undergrad school was more prestigious, though. Not sure if I can fully commit to wearing the gear for a lesser known school.

I'm guessing from Tennessee to Florida?

Ha, nope, although I did apply to Florida. Unless you're really big into college football, I'm willing to bet no one outside of my state knows or cares about this rivalry!

I can't wait to finally know where I'm going and buy some new gear. Although right now it's looking like I'll be at UT and their color is burnt orange. Not sure how I feel about that lol

The burnt orange has really grown on me after living in Austin a few years. After seeing it everywhere year in and year out, you'll grow fond of it too.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use