Fall 2014 applications

antecedent

Bad news from Rochester... They told me that they were highly impressed by my application and interview, but that lack of funding only allows them to admit 3-5 students this year... They told me that I'm in their top 10 over more than 200 students, but that, unless something very unlikely happens, they won't be able to offer me admission.

Let's hope something very unlikely happens, right? Have a nice weekend you all!

Oy... Well unlikely stuff does happen. In your case it could be number #5 rejecting their admission so that his offer goes to the next guy. I know that on the forums some guy once said he was number 11 or 12 to a university so he asked if any people who got acceptances to his uni were gonna reject it or not. 

Yesterday was an eventful day for me.

Got an e-mail from one of the NYU ppl with whom we'd had an interview earlier asking for a quick Skype conversation, during which she told me the dept had recommended me for admission. The official offer will be sent to me later, after the grad school does all the proper paperwork, but the decision's made. Bliss!

Later during the night (well, it was night in Moscow), got a letter from Chicago saying I'd been recommended for admission and specifying some of the details of the upcoming official offer.

I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but as soon as I come back to my senses (and after I'm through with my tomorrow's interview with a very cool linguist who'll be joining UMass in Fall), I'll start working out the way to visit the open house events later in Spring.

Probably not. I will be working very hard on my thesis to get my degree at that time.... (what is TAL?)

TAL= tonal aspect of language

Will be held as a satellite event in Netherlands this year. 

Congratulations to all with good news!

More importantly, good luck to those who are yet to receive them!

Well, just had my interview. Now it's time to go drink away the fear of failure with lots and lots of pirated shows.

Don't choke!

No, but seriously, I bet it went better than you thought. :) The fear of failure never truly leaves completely, so it can't be all that real... right? Right?

The interview went well, but I still sense that for the next month I won't do anything productive

May God and/or Tyler Perry help us all with our interviews and rejections

Does anyone remember or know of some expose that showed how and why people get accepted into grad programs in general? I remember reading somewhere on the forum something about how the adcom did their business....

Edited by hoviariel