Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

I wish I had known about this when I was visiting my sister in Korea last year... No Netflix, no HBOgo, and even some Youtube videos were restricted because of IP. DANGIT! :)

If you're like me and you use the university server for things like accessing remote stats software, you probably already have a VPN connection.  I used my VPN while I was in Rwanda for a summer and Britain for a year to watch US shows and access US-only content.  And I still had my British VPN when I came back in 2009 so I watched british shows on i-player with it.  I found out the international students visiting us here do the same thing for their home country, so apparently lots of people have the same idea!  But it's a good option!

If I get it, I will be in Canada, so I will still be able to keep up with most of my shows and the like no problem.  That's also why the SO wouldn't have a big issue getting a job if he had a visa.  No real language barrier.  I mean, we might even be living in a francophone place and my uni may be French-primary but he can just hop across the river and get a job no problem.

I think it's the best time to start watching Breaking Bad for those who haven't seen it, are anxious, and have a netflix account. 

Yeah, you'll come out of your room again in April -- just in time to hear the final decision!

I think it's the best time to start watching Breaking Bad for those who haven't seen it, are anxious, and have a netflix account. 

I'm at work but I might still take your advice :) loveee breaking bad! For those who haven't seen it, it might actually help keep your mind off fulbright for a bit. Yes, it's that good. 

My friends are threatening to forcibly remove my phone and computer from my possession so I can't check my email until February 1st....
MUST. NOT. LET. THEM. TAKE. AWAY. MY. PRECIOUS!!!!! 

df0ff33f266f32214d219b927452e45fc1dffeae

Hi guys,

So I just called my FPA's office. He wasn't there. Talked to the secretary and she said he has on his schedule to contact us on Monday and that we should here soon. Thanks to my anxiety, I am now over-analyzing it. Maybe we are actually hearing today? Maybe on Monday? Lol. Whatever this is worth. I cannot wait anymore!

Anytime I hear anything come through my email, I freak the eff out.  Because I am now officially an "instructor" and classes start next week, I have to do a ton of things with email today.  I have gotten about 150 emails in the past hour.  Seriously!

Edited by overworkedta

I'm giving it until 5 PM (Central) because they've said in the past they've come around 6 PM in the evening.  I will wait until then and then commence the cooking and drinking I was planning on doing regardless.  I planned a dual purpose Chicken Picatta because local white wine was on sale and the meal doesn't take that much wine.

I cannot handle this anymore! I keep trying to read for my thesis to no avail. I guess I'll have to try editing an essay. I just keep thinking, it must be today. This is too cruel! They wouldn't do it on a weekend, right?

I doubt they'd do it on a weekend.  Like any smart bureaucrats, they would wait until the end of the day so they didn't have to field any annoying calls.  I doubt they would come in on the weekend to do anything.

I'm freaking out, too.  I wish there was a given date/time that we could know about.  I also don't think it will be Monday since Monday is a holiday.

I'm giving it until 5 PM (Central) because they've said in the past they've come around 6 PM in the evening.  I will wait until then and then commence the cooking and drinking I was planning on doing regardless.  I planned a dual purpose Chicken Picatta because local white wine was on sale and the meal doesn't take that much wine.

I also intentionally planned going out for drinks today and being super busy, so good strategy! :)

Yeah, boyfriend FORCED me to leave the house to go shopping today and then basically admonished me for phone checking.  It kept me busy until about 2 PM or so.  He even got me coffee.  So, win for him.  Like I said, I love him to pieces.  He has been an amazing force in my life during this very stressful past year. We are pretty much eachother's rocks.  If nothing else, this process makes me realize how great I have it and how much of a support system I really have.

I can't doubt he loves me or anything.