2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Congrats to everyone getting interview invites today! Heard from CSHL so feeling pretty good here.

On an unrelated note, any Jeopardy fans in here taking the contestant quiz this week? Not a bad way to pass some time while waiting it out for invites.

Did CSHL email you during the afternoon? Thanks

Just think, after you get all your responses then you have a month or two to wait until your interview!

Haha true! I feel like when I get an interview I can at least spend my time researching faculty, reading papers, and maybe starting to look for apartments. I don't want to get my hopes up for any school in particular so I'm trying to avoid their webpages. A lot of netflix is being watched...

Does anybody know if there is more than one wave of invites in Wisconsin-Madison Genetics and UCSD Biological Sciences? 

Wisconsin-Madison Genetics program sent the one wave of invitation by Dec. 18 (letter), Dec. 19 (e-mail). They might consider sending invitation for those applicants who decide not to go to interview after first interview session (1/23 - 1/25). If you look at the result section, one person got an invitation letter after first interview session.

Just called UMichigan PIBS, they said that they will be sending out interview invitations until this Friday. 

Nailbiting intensifies.

Thanks for calling tcmazer! I'm waiting for news from UMich PIBS as well. On another note, I got a interview invite today from the Univ. of Rochester Medical Center. I really liked the fact that a professor, who I emailed a few days prior, called me to extend the interview invitation. I wish more schools would call; to me, it's a sign of classiness. Best of luck to everyone this week! 

Northwestern DGP sent out their first wave of interviews a day or two ago, but still have a 2nd and 3rd wave to be sent out in the coming weeks.

Yes, Northwestern DGP sent out the interview invitation on Jan. 3. There are multiple interview sessions. 

Northwestern DGP program recommends for those applicants who received an interview invitation on Jan 3 to visit school on the first interview session so that they might send out more invitation letters after that.

Thanks for calling tcmazer! I'm waiting for news from UMich PIBS as well. On another note, I got a interview invite today from the Univ. of Rochester Medical Center. I really liked the fact that a professor, who I emailed a few days prior, called me to extend the interview invitation. I wish more schools would call; to me, it's a sign of classiness. Best of luck to everyone this week! 

No problem!

Haha true! I feel like when I get an interview I can at least spend my time researching faculty, reading papers, and maybe starting to look for apartments. I don't want to get my hopes up for any school in particular so I'm trying to avoid their webpages. A lot of netflix is being watched...

From the e-mail I got, Yale BBS has already been sent out in Dec

It might have been the Chemistry and Biochemistry department. That's what I applied to and I got an interview offer today as well. 

My friend in Biochemistry also got his UCSD interview invite today.  Still hoping for a BMS invite!

any news from the NYC univs - developmental biology ? - Weill Cornell, Mount Sinai, NYU-Sackler or Einstein? 

At least for IMP, Weill Cornell finished sending invites in December.  Not sure about other programs.

From the e-mail I got, Yale BBS has already been sent out in Dec

I'm hoping maybe there's some sort of wait list. Wishful thinking I know. I decided I'm not going to email. Just going to wait it out.

I've tried calling the UCSF iPQB program coordinator a few times, but have not gotten a response. Just FYI. Has anyone else heard anything?

If the results from the last two years are any indication, all interviews and some initial rejections (yikes!) will go out next week over the course of three or four days.

At least for IMP, Weill Cornell finished sending invites in December.  Not sure about other programs.

Interestingly, Weill Cornell's BCMB program sent out from 14 Jan - 20 Jan past 4 years... Einstein around 6 Jan in the past 4 years... Sackler all over Dec-Jan.

Mount sinai I have been told that they would start invites for interview mid Jan.

Whoot whoot UMiami PiBS invite.

Congratulations!   :)  Who were you notified by?  Do you (or does anyone else) know if they've finished sending out all of their invites? I saw a few invites were sent back in early December but none since then - other than yours!

Also freaking out re: UM PIBS

I was notified by the program coordinator by email. I wouldn't freak out if I were you - you guys are neuro and immuno and I'm genetics, so maybe they have different people review. Plus, I was given an option from 4 interviews - it sounded like there was space still since they just notified me a few days ago. It didn't come across like any one particular date was already full.

And some advice if you applied to UMiami - check your email daily - they only gave me three days to reply. Still trying to figure out when to schedule my exams and presentations before answering. Yikes.

Yea, I'm pretty sure that's it for Yale. Hoping for the best...

If I end up with only this Penn interview, then I will have to try my best to rock it!

I was contacted by Yale on 12/18/13 for the BBSB track, fyi. Hate to be the bearer of bad news there.

Anyone else applied to Scripps Research Institute, and has anyone heard anything yet? Seems California has better things to do than tell me anything... and Washington... and Wisconsin...

This week is worse than last, the waiting is so stressful. I know everyone else is going through the same thing, but man this is painful. I agree with the last guy, would be nice to just know and be done with it. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...