2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Duke Cancer Biology/pharmacology interview finally came in ... I'm already exhausted thinking of going to just four interview weekends and they haven't even started!How do some people do it with so many more, I'm in awe!

Seriously. I've got six to worry about now and starting to feel slight panic setting in about getting it all done and being ready....gah.

Sad about Berkeley MCB probably being a no at this point, but *tries to look on bright side* it's one less interview to plan! Especially as I'd probably have to rearrange flights to accommodate it!  :blink:

Seriously. I've got six to worry about now and starting to feel slight panic setting in about getting it all done and being ready....gah.

Sad about Berkeley MCB probably being a no at this point, but *tries to look on bright side* it's one less interview to plan! Especially as I'd probably have to rearrange flights to accommodate it!  :blink:

True .. although if Berkeley was a top choice, that would be a real bummer. Even though schools are pretty accommodating, I'd just feel bad having to ask someone to rearrange weekends for me .. Especially since it might give them the impression that they're prioritized behind somebody else.

Compbio, dishing out the downvotes, huh? If you've got beef, let's talk it out :D Seems like we're all reasonable people here.

There seems to be an inverse relationship between the voting score and the number of interview offers in the signature. I'm tempted to graph this lol.

Duke Cancer Biology/pharmacology interview finally came in ... I'm already exhausted thinking of going to just four interview weekends and they haven't even started!How do some people do it with so many more, I'm in awe!

Well, I'm figuring that the more places I interview, the better chances I have of getting into at least one! Optimization!

That's counting on my ability to prepare appropriately for each one. It's gonna be tough, though. Luckily, I'm out of school and working full-time, so this IS my homework! I'm not sure I'd be able accept them all if I were still in school! :)

Maybe I'll see you at Duke - which weekend are you heading there?

Edited by IncretinEffect33

Hi! For those of you who received invites from Yale BBSB... have you gotten a more detailed email yet? I'm getting nervous because I accepted the invite but I haven't gotten anything about travel arrangements yet.

The other schools I heard from have been sending me a bunch of emails, so I'm a little worried that they never got my email accepting the invite.

There seems to be an inverse relationship between the voting score and the number of interview offers in the signature. I'm tempted to graph this lol.

That would totally make sense for me. No interviews = lots of thumbs up. Hahaha

Hi! For those of you who received invites from Yale BBSB... have you gotten a more detailed email yet? I'm getting nervous because I accepted the invite but I haven't gotten anything about travel arrangements yet.

The other schools I heard from have been sending me a bunch of emails, so I'm a little worried that they never got my email accepting the invite.

I haven't heard anything from them either.

I sent her like 5 emails, and on the 5th I said something like please respond, and today I got something saying she's getting them and we'll be sending out information about the trip.