2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Hi all, I have been kind of stalking this forum for a few days and finally decided to join. Sorry! I just got an invite form Stanford and thought I'd let some of you know. As for the UCSD question, I can actually answer it. I have contacts at UCSD and they told me that all invited were sent in December, and only if they get rejections will they send out anymore to fill the vacancies. Sorry!

Congrats!! What department home program at Stanford did you apply to? :D

And congrats to you, SystemsBio!! 

Edited by elanorci

Hi all, I have been kind of stalking this forum for a few days and finally decided to join. Sorry! I just got an invite form Stanford and thought I'd let some of you know. As for the UCSD question, I can actually answer it. I have contacts at UCSD and they told me that all invited were sent in December, and only if they get rejections will they send out anymore to fill the vacancies. Sorry!

well shit

So I just got a Chemical and Systems Biology interview from Stanford (yay!) but their interview date conflicts with Harvard BBS (which I've committed to...and I also have an interview with UCSD during Harvard's other interview weekend).  Any advice?  I'm worried that Stanford will tell me that if I can't make their interview weekend, I have to forfeit chances of admission.  (Which would make me very sad.)

Applied (9/9): Harvard BBS, Yale BBS, Princeton MolBio, Stanford Biosciences, UCSF Tetrad, Wisconsin MolPharm and CMB, UCSD, Berkeley MCB, Rockefeller

Interviews: Harvard BBS, Yale BBS, Stanford Biosciences, Wisconsin MolPharm and CMB, UCSD, Berkeley MCB

Rejections: UCSF Tetrad

So I just got a Chemical and Systems Biology interview from Stanford (yay!) but their interview date conflicts with Harvard BBS (which I've committed to...and I also have an interview with UCSD during Harvard's other interview weekend).  Any advice?  I'm worried that Stanford will tell me that if I can't make their interview weekend, I have to forfeit chances of admission.  (Which would make me very sad.)

Applied (9/9): Harvard BBS, Yale BBS, Princeton MolBio, Stanford Biosciences, UCSF Tetrad, Wisconsin MolPharm and CMB, UCSD, Berkeley MCB, Rockefeller

Interviews: Harvard BBS, Yale BBS, Stanford Biosciences, Wisconsin MolPharm and CMB, UCSD, Berkeley MCB

just ask about alternative dates...they don't bite...at least not over the phone

I also have conflicts with Harvard and Princeton and it came down to one or the other so I emailed the Princeton coordinator begging for another way but she said that they have to interview you in person.

Dumb question I guess, but if you can't attend an interview for a school that invites you for recruitment, does that mean you are basically rejected? Is there any way to still be admitted?

Having a small conflict myself. UC Irvine offered me Feb 6-8 which I can't do since that seems to be the most popular interview weekend of all. I told them I couldn't do it and the coordinator basically said that their January date is full (what date is this exactly for anyone who knows or is going?) and oh well, sorry you won't be able to join us....

Is there any hope? I want to respond to the coordinator but I'm not sure how.

I'm really conflicted by this statement because my friend received a UCSD invite yesterday...  Can we verify programs?

Edited by immun0

I'm really conflicted by this statement because my friend received a UCSD invite yesterday...

As I said, they aren't supposed to send out another WAVE of invites, only a few more if interviews are rejected or they find another candidate in the pile that was like a wildcard

As I said, they aren't supposed to send out another WAVE of invites, only a few more if interviews are rejected or they find another candidate in the pile that was like a wildcard

BMS program

Dumb question I guess, but if you can't attend an interview for a school that invites you for recruitment, does that mean you are basically rejected? Is there any way to still be admitted?

Having a small conflict myself. UC Irvine offered me Feb 6-8 which I can't do since that seems to be the most popular interview weekend of all. I told them I couldn't do it and the coordinator basically said that their January date is full (what date is this exactly for anyone who knows or is going?) and oh well, sorry you won't be able to join us....

Is there any hope? I want to respond to the coordinator but I'm not sure how.

I got an invitation to interview at UC Irvine CMB on 12/20 and they gave me one option: January 26-27.  I know how you feel though..Feb 6-8 is so damn popular.

Edited by persimmony

Has anyone else heard from MIT? One result was posted today but apparently nothing else. I haven't heard anything ): 

Nothing yet... I doubt they've all been sent out, since there's only one post so far.

I got an invitation to interview at UC Irvine CMB on 12/20 and they gave me one option: January 26-27.  I know how you feel though..Feb 6-8 is so damn popular.

Thanks for the dates. That's the one I could do even though it is on the tail end of another interview. But because I live close, it's no problem. Is it possible to be "wait listed" for a date?

I'm sure cancellations and conflicts come up, after all.... :wacko:

It seems MIT Microbiology has started to send out interviews, this might mean that Biology will send interviews tomorrow or Monday.