2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Well considering they are 13 different home programs, that could as easily be labelled as 13 different departments, it does not surprise me. Only thing I am mad about is that they are sending rejections via snail mail, I mean, how hard is it to send an e-mail nowadays? 

I REALLY hope I follow your pattern of being rejected from Weill and UCSF and getting this Stanford interview...

Yeah, I was expecting a Stanford rejection, particularly after the Cornell rejection... Here's to hoping I survive the interview. D: And you and I are in different home programs, so not weird that we'd get them separately. Good luck!!!

Well considering they are 13 different home programs, that could as easily be labelled as 13 different departments, it does not surprise me. Only thing I am mad about is that they are sending rejections via snail mail, I mean, how hard is it to send an e-mail nowadays? 

I meant, one wave for each home program. Oh my dream Cancer Biology :(

Just called Baylor and was informed that I got a skype interview and they'll email by monday =D awaiting northwestern *fingers crossed*...interviewing 60.people for 15 spots =/

Congratulations!! Did you call the IMBS office or the grad office?

Did anyone ever get a hold of someone at Boston PiBS? Are all the interviews out?

Hey I have Natasha's number in an email she sent me. I will give her a call and let you know what I find. I submitted my app early november, so this is frustrating!

Hey so I called Natasha at BU PiBS. She said the committee is still reviewing apps. As for my application, she marked it "complete" on Dec 11, and it still says "under review." When asked, she said she could not give me an idea of when notifications will go out, but they will go via email. Sorry that's not very helpful!

Hey so I called Natasha at BU PiBS. She said the committee is still reviewing apps. As for my application, she marked it "complete" on Dec 11, and it still says "under review." When asked, she said she could not give me an idea of when notifications will go out, but they will go via email. Sorry that's not very helpful!

At least they're still reviewing! There's hope for us :)

Okay, I wrote to the Irvine program coordinator yesterday and got a response. The recruitment weekends are required for admission and they plan on admitting about 15-18 students out of the 80 odd they will interview each weekend (I'm assuming it's each weekend - she didn't specify this part. If so, that's quite competitive!). She says Skype interviews are unlikely and they will not plan a third event as they will probably be able to pick their class from the crop they've already got....

Sad. But she put me on the wait list for the January event (the one I can go to - I can't do February). I don't suppose there is ANYONE willing to move to the February event instead? Or anyone that has or might have a possible conflict with the January date thereby needing the February one?

It might really help me!

That's rough, adenine_monarch. I'm surprised they're not more accommodating - that seems really harsh of them... 

I hope it works out for you! (: 

Thanks for the sympathy, elanorci. It's probably unlikely but I guess we'll see. Sucks to miss out on a potential interview. And their initial invitation letter was so nice... :(

Okay, I wrote to the Irvine program coordinator yesterday and got a response. The recruitment weekends are required for admission and they plan on admitting about 15-18 students out of the 80 odd they will interview each weekend (I'm assuming it's each weekend - she didn't specify this part. If so, that's quite competitive!). She says Skype interviews are unlikely and they will not plan a third event as they will probably be able to pick their class from the crop they've already got....

Sad. But she put me on the wait list for the January event (the one I can go to - I can't do February). I don't suppose there is ANYONE willing to move to the February event instead? Or anyone that has or might have a possible conflict with the January date thereby needing the February one?

It might really help me!

It's 80 total from both weekends. She said they were interviewing ~40 each weekend.

So do they want 15-18 people to matriculate? Or are they only offering admission to that many? If it's the former, the numbers may be more like 30-40 offers of admission.

Edited by persimmony

UCSD neuroscience interviews are out. Hopefully there's multiple waves.

UCSD is seriously confusing me. I saw some neuro invites come out in December. Are they just trickling out as they make decisions...?

It's 80 total from both weekends. She said they were interviewing ~40 each weekend.

So do they want 15-18 people to matriculate? Or are they only offering admission to that many? If it's the former, the numbers may be more like 30-40 offers of admission.

I understood her to mean 15-18 matriculate. So if it's 80 total and maybe 30-40 offers, that's no so bad I suppose. About 40-50% chance for anyone interviewing.