2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Wait, why do you think we find out about Stanford through snail mail? Last year all the posted interviews were email or phone?? 

EDIT I just saw the results page post. I have to say that I'm skeptical that there will be no email notification. How are we supposed to schedule interviews without email contact?... It also seems extremely unlikely that they would have reverted /back/ to snail mail after apparently years of email? 

Edited by elanorci

I will call in a few minutes and I'll post whatever they tell me. 

Update: I called like 3 numbers at Stanford and none picked up. I'll call again in 30 mins. 

Edited by Orims

Okay so I just called the Stanford biosciences office and was told that everyone will get letters (whether you received an interview or not) and that the letters should be expected to arrive either Friday or next Monday.

Also called the cancer bio dept but they didn't pick up.

I just called student services at Stanford Biology and they told me that people who are selected for interviews should expect to receive an e-mail within the next few weeks and those who are rejected will be informed via snail mail. 

Okay so I just called the Stanford biosciences office and was told that everyone will get letters (whether you received an interview or not) and that the letters should be expected to arrive either Friday or next Monday.

Also called the cancer bio dept but they didn't pick up.

Snail mail for real?? that is so odd

Seems like we have conflicting information? Although the fact that everyone will get a letter doesn't mean that people selected for interviews WON'T get an email. Maybe everyone gets a letter, but people who need to schedule interviews also get an email. 

These California schools are so damn obnoxious. 

Agreed!! Literally every annoying thing I've dealt with this season has been at a California school. And now 2/3 schools that I'm STILL waiting to hear from are there... Ugh.

This is also taking into consideration that the Stanford application itself was straight out of the 1980's.  That thing was a nightmare and had so many stupid redundancies.  Oh yeah, 150 bucks to apply as well.

I'm just confused at all the things I her from Stanford. Based on my call, which was specific to the Biology home program, notifications will be sent in the coming weeks, and based on what the biosciences webpage says (During the week of January 6, 2014, the committees will start to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview)  we should have already heard something by now. Sigh.... At least we can expect MIT to inform us pretty soon! 

Seems like we have conflicting information? Although the fact that everyone will get a letter doesn't mean that people selected for interviews WON'T get an email. Maybe everyone gets a letter, but people who need to schedule interviews also get an email. 

That makes sense to me. Also I called the Biosciences general office; the individual tracks may do things differently - but it makes way more sense to send interviews via email for faster RSVPs etc

I am stubborn and decided to call the admissions office at Stanford Biosciences and I was told that those who get selected for interviews will receive an e-mail or phone call this Friday or next Monday and those who are not will receive a letter via snail mail (the lady that picked up actually called it snail mail, haha). Here's to waiting a few more days....