2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

I got me a grade-A rejection email from Harvard BBS.  Only five schools to worry about now.

I hope I can get mine soon.  I've decided to take the rejections in humility, so I am printing the emails out and posting them on my fridge.

I got me a grade-A rejection email from Harvard BBS.  Only five schools to worry about now.

Whoaaa, I thought they pick people for interviews in one go and mail rejections in March or something. Was it personalized or a mass email, if you don't mind me asking? 

It isn't too bad here in upstate NY. I think most northeastern schools should be open this week. Currently raining here... Crazy weather.

Don't worry, it's coming...haha. When I went to sleep last night, it was 60 degrees (F) and was pouring the rain and gusting wind. When I woke up four hours later, it was 28 (F) and snowing. Later it'll be down to -10 (F) with a -30 windchill. Unfortunately my university never ever closes!

Thats good to know the schools wont be closed. But, -30 windchill is crazy :| ... Winter is coming...

I saw a couple of UCSD BMS interviews on the results search that apparently went out mid-December.  I tried emailing them like a week ago to see if interviews had been sent out, but not response.  Does this mean rejected? :/

Does anyone know if all Boston PiBS interviews have gone out?

I don't believe they have. They were trickling out, didn't come in one wave.

I didn't hear anything from Harvard either. I figured the rejection would be in mass. Weird...

On 1/6/2014 at 11:11 AM, immun0 said:

I saw a couple of UCSD BMS interviews on the results search that apparently went out mid-December.  I tried emailing them like a week ago to see if interviews had been sent out, but not response.  Does this mean rejected? ?

I'm wondering this too. 

Also WashU Immunology told me they delayed a decision on my app for a week.  Still haven't heard anything though...I really hope they don't string me along too much. I am encouraged that I didn't get weeded out in the initial round of rejections...

I also emailed BU this past Friday and haven't gotten a response either...hopefully they're too busy assembling interview offers.

Who did you email? I found Natasha responded quickly when I had questions.

Someone posted on the results page that they called MIT and were told that the committee is meeting today and tomorrow and will be sending interview invites "throughout the week." 

Still nothing here either. This week is gonna be rough in terms of waiting. 

EDIT: to clarify, MIT Biology.

Edited by elanorci

For those waiting for UPenn Bioegineering PhD, I was informed by a PI there that skype or phone interviews will go out "very shortly". Then, if you make it through that you would be invited to campus and interview to determine fit.

I'll sneak in here and say I got a University of Iowa Immunology interview!

Everybody else, hang in there. I think a lot of schools are regrouping after the holiday+weather, so sit tight. :)

CanRes, I see two listings for UPenn CAMB on the results tab, the interview emails are listed as being received Dec 12th and 13th. Very often there are multiple waves though, so don't lose hope!