"countdown to april 15th" thread

frankdux

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 15th sucks. THIS, Tax Day, the Titanic Sinking, Abraham Lincoln dying. . . my birthday. I've even been hospitalized on my birthday. It tends to be a bad day.

(On a waitlist, feeling a little pessimistic. Can you tell?)

For those of us on waitlists, it won't be over til the crow caws....i.e. probably sometime mid-august...

I'm hoping that I will know about my waitlist right before or after the 15th... but who knows?? :roll:

That is exactly why that shouldis so damn beautiful (and sarcastic).. in the end... we all know it won't be over then

We could freeze ourselves until April 15. Then again, we might wake up in 2546 where our disciplines have been rendered obsolete. And otters will be at war with humans.

My second choice is the program of my own undergrad, so likely I'll keep waiting to hear from my first choice (#3 on waitlist) until the big day, and if I hear nothing I'll walk into the graduate office of home school at 4:55 and plop down my acceptance form. Then, if I do get accepted at #1 school after April 15, I'll ask for a release letter. I'm in pretty tight with the faculty, the head of graduate admissions is my surrogate advisor and has nominated me for a ton of things, so I think they would be cool. You've got to go where the rankings are and I know my guy understands that. I hate to play it like this...but WANT! #3 on the waitlist for god's sakes!

15th sucks. THIS, Tax Day, the Titanic Sinking, Abraham Lincoln dying. . . my birthday. I've even been hospitalized on my birthday. It tends to be a bad day.

April 14th is technically Ruination Day: A big ole dust storm, Titanic starts to sink, and the Great Emancipator took a bullet to the head (dying the next day).

I'm combining those two days, though, and I'll be listening to the Gillian Welch song about it.

Unless someone wants to decline an offer at one of the million schools where I'm wait listed. In that case, Honest Abe, who?

Seems like the ranks are thinning around here (the site in general). I guess many people have received all their offers/rejections and/or accepted places. I'll just keep waiting to hear about financial aid in this thread.

Hello? Schools with no funding decisions? Are you there?