Applying for Fall 2014 Sociology?

socialequity

Well, I looked and based on last year, it was a bunch of acceptances in one week, a bunch of declines in the next week, and then various mixed results until April. 

So until we know...we really don't know.  GOOD LUCK!

I'll claim the second UCLA acceptance - got a call a couple of hours ago. I'm obviously thrilled!

Edit: I would guess that calling admits leads to a wider variance in the notification time than sending e-mails - I'm sure they're not done contacting people yet.

Edited by riverscuomo

I'll claim the second UCLA acceptance - got a call a couple of hours ago. I'm obviously thrilled!

Edit: I would guess that calling admits leads to a wider variance in the notification time than sending e-mails - I'm sure they're not done contacting people yet.

congrats!!! When did you submit your application? Are they using a rolling basis?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I know I've been so crazy about finding out decisions. But I have a serious question: How do late materials in application packet affect decisions? For some reason, two materials for my UMD College Park application never made it (writing sample & transcripts). I'm getting worried because I've been getting e-mails from the POI stating that they never arrived. The waiting PLUS this last minute things are freaking the crap out of me : (

Thanks y'all!

odeta - I submitted my applications a day or two before the deadline. I'm pretty sure they don't use rolling admissions, but there may be "rolling notifications".

ChicagoHusker - the call was from a faculty member.

Pinoy-

Things were slow going for me at CUNY and UBC. I called up the departments and they allowed me to send unofficial transcripts and GRE scores as place holders. I also included e-receipts to prove I sent the requests long in advance of the due dates. Try to explain your situation and see if you can work something out like that. Good luck!

Edited by allhandsonthebadone

Congrats avatarmomo!! May I ask your stats/background? :)

Thank you SocGirl!

International applicant. GRE: 160V, 168Q, 4.0AW. Sub-3.0 undergrad GPA, 3.81 Masters GPA. Some independent research experience. 3 publications. Research interests: Social movements, development, class analysis, comparative-historical.

Good luck to you all.

Thank you SocGirl!

International applicant. GRE: 160V, 168Q, 4.0AW. Sub-3.0 undergrad GPA, 3.81 Masters GPA. Some independent research experience. 3 publications. Research interests: Social movements, development, class analysis, comparative-historical.

Good luck to you all.

That's awesome! Three pubs? wow! :o 

Some of our research interests match (development, comp/hist) and schools too! :)

The waiting is killing me a lot more than I thought it would!! Colorado State doesn't usually contact people til the end of February from what I've seen... Another month of this, eek. Saying that, congratulations to everyone so far with an interview or acceptance!! Whatever the opposite of schadenfreude is, I'm experiencing that right now! Really exciting seeing the results roll in. :)

The first rejection was posted today. Whoever that was, you may be the first but you certainly won't be the last. Thanks for posting so people are aware that rejections are, indeed, going out with the acceptances.  

A January 8 UCLA acceptance?  Anyone care to claim?

Edited by ChicagoHusker

I was diagnosed with the swine flu today. Awesome. Keep yourselves healthy out there, applicants! The stress can really f*ck you up. I've been banned from work for the rest of the week so my pocketbook is crying a little. The silver lining is that if I get an acceptance by the end of the week (unlikely) I won't have to hide my excitement at work. Keep your fingers crossed for me.