Applying for Fall 2014 Sociology?

socialequity

The good news is....it's the weekend so we can relax for 48 hours knowing that no one will probably be contacted over the weekend. Right? 

Sure, "relax" if by that you mean wait frantically for it to be Monday again while we panic and have nightmares for the next 48 hours lol.

I'm on the other side of the planet, so the times (I'm assuming) emails/phone calls will be going out is about the same time I'm trying and failing to sleep. Glad I'm not alone in being stressed out! Solidarity!

I have to agree with Nito! I'm the other side of the planet as well! Since Guam is "Where America Day Begins!" we both have to suffer a couple extra hours. Those things/email/notifications come  in at least 1 in the morning on Tuesday. So I'm alawys freaking out when some of the grad programs e-mail me and says you need this or you need to do that. I'm like fLARGHHHHHHHHH RIGHT NOW! LOLOLOL.

The good news is....it's the weekend so we can relax for 48 hours knowing that no one will probably be contacted over the weekend. Right?

Not necessarily. An education program that I applied to contacted me about an interview on a Sunday evening.

Sure, "relax" if by that you mean wait frantically for it to be Monday again while we panic and have nightmares for the next 48 hours lol.

I actually had a GREAT dream last night that I got into my #1 choice and was shouting it from the rooftops. I woke up and had told so many people in the dream that I was slightly confused about whether or not it was real. Now I'll spend the next 48 hours hoping that this dream is a preview! 

UW. Last year they started notifying admitted around 1/20.

Oh my.  Now I am starting to get nervous.  I applied to UW geography and I'm really hoping I get in.  

long time lurker... not sure if perusing the posts on here helps with the waiting anxiety but the fact that my browser always recommends gradcafe now isn't helping much.

waiting on UW, Duke, UT-Austin, UNC and UM, fingers crossed for any positive results really. Hopefully the talk of UW releasing their decisions next week pans out.

I applied so now I'm having a heart attack. But I'd really like to see a few more to be sure that it's really starting to happen. Good luck everyone.

That's how I feel about UC Davis. They have one of the highest acceptance rates of the schools I've seen and there are very few posts.