MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I see but I really believe they will call or email to give applicants notifications and then change the status in their system. Did you or your partner get a call for interview by any chance? 

No. We have not be contacted yet. Based on what other people have posted, it sounds like they won't start notifying people until week 1 or 2 of March

I see but I really believe they will call or email to give applicants notifications and then change the status in their system. Did you or your partner get a call for interview by any chance? 

Hey Shaoceptual,

For future applicants (I don't think anyone else will be getting a call before decisions this year) and general curiosity: would you care to share what your convo with Catherine Opie was like?

Edited to add: If you don't want to answer this, for any reason, I understand...just if you are so inclined.

Edited by kafralal

Ack! How did you find out? E-mail? Website? Phone call?

(Congrats on making it to that level, and wishing you SO much luck!)

Hey DidacticPrinter

I had an email a couple of hours ago. Bearing in mind I would be an international student for RISD, maybe international students have a different quota so could possibly notify at an earlier time?

Best of luck to you too...

damn it! Hunter was my last option. This is really upsetting and sad. I'll have to reapply and work one more year. I feel really frustrated right now. 

I feel ya! I called them to confirm my rejection. Now I'm just waiting on CalArts to get back to me (they're still reviewing; spoke to them yesterday) and USC (fat chance!) so I get the feeling I'll be re-applying next year. Rejections from everyone else. Fuck it.

Just got an acceptance letter from ASU via email. Oddly enough, they invited me to a new student meet and greet before they sent me the official acceptance.

I really wasn't expecting this after getting rejected by UNM. It just goes to show how arbitrary these decisions can be.

Congrats!

Is it Arizona-Tempe?

Waitlisted for RISD...

i was waitlisted when i applied there for undergrad and ended up being accepted, so don't give up hope!

i see you interviewed at the royal college of art.. Im applying in a different field but what questions did they ask you if you don't mind me asking? I'm going there to interview very soon. 

I am so confused... Logged into the VCU app status page, and the line that is there saying something about the applications status being "complete and ready to review" is completely gone. There isn't even a mention of the app status. I logged to review my portfolio and all of the items are out of order like others have mentioned previously.

i was waitlisted when i applied there for undergrad and ended up being accepted, so don't give up hope!

i see you interviewed at the royal college of art.. Im applying in a different field but what questions did they ask you if you don't mind me asking? I'm going there to interview very soon. 

Hey humrush, thanks for the hope! Wow, congrats on being accepted into RISD for your undergrad, did you end up going there?

Whoops sorry about the confusion with RCA – I updated my footer incorrectly just now! Interviewed yesterday with the Slade, RCA is next week.

I was at the RCA last night for a Laure Prouvost lecture, amazing. Such slick facilities @ the Battersea premises.

Mustafa- how did your interview with VCU go? What types of questions did they ask?

Hi Bobbie,

I am not sure how my interview went. The chances are really slim as they take only 6 students.

And the questions they asked were mostly related to my resume, portfolio and Statement of purpose. Few of the questions were like

Why mfa now?

Why vcuarts?

What do you want to do after mfa?

Who is your inspiration in design or which design style do you follow the most?

They also asked a few questions about design scene in my country.

And then there were follow up questions to the answers that I gave.

And finally they asked if I had any questions for them. I am very nervous as it is on the top of my list also.

I am so confused... Logged into the VCU app status page, and the line that is there saying something about the applications status being "complete and ready to review" is completely gone. There isn't even a mention of the app status. I logged to review my portfolio and all of the items are out of order like others have mentioned previously.

Perhaps that means they have reviewed it but not yet sent contacted anyone in Graphic Design concerning decisions? 

Nevermind- I forgot Mustafa received an interview.

Edited by ismewilde

Hi Bobbie,

I am not sure how my interview went. The chances are really slim as they take only 6 students.

And the questions they asked were mostly related to my resume, portfolio and Statement of purpose. Few of the questions were like

Why mfa now?

Why vcuarts?

What do you want to do after mfa?

Who is your inspiration in design or which design style do you follow the most?

They also asked a few questions about design scene in my country.

And then there were follow up questions to the answers that I gave.

And finally they asked if I had any questions for them. I am very nervous as it is on the top of my list also.

Thx so much! Have you noticed the app status "ready for review" gone in the VCU eservices login?

Hey Shaoceptual,

For future applicants (I don't think anyone else will be getting a call before decisions this year) and general curiosity: would you care to share what your convo with Catherine Opie was like?

Edited to add: If you don't want to answer this, for any reason, I understand...just if you are so inclined.

Yeah why not. At the beginning I was just super stoked about the fact she actually called me and the first time I didn't hear it so I called back and scheduled another time. Basically we just kind of went through my practice and she talked about the admission situation this year and informed me it is very very competitive. She is pretty nice and down to earth and we talked about LA a bit as well. Then I asked several questions. The whole talk lasted about twenty minutes. I have been anxiously waiting since then. Hopes that helps.

On 2/26/2014 at 3:16 PM, marzipanned said:

I had an interview request from them on Monday. (I'm an international applicant, if that makes a difference.)

Are you applying for University of Washington Seattle (UW) or Washington University in St. Louis (WashU)? Photography program? Just curious cuz I am in UW

Hey humrush, thanks for the hope! Wow, congrats on being accepted into RISD for your undergrad, did you end up going there?

Whoops sorry about the confusion with RCA – I updated my footer incorrectly just now! Interviewed yesterday with the Slade, RCA is next week.

I was at the RCA last night for a Laure Prouvost lecture, amazing. Such slick facilities @ the Battersea premises.

yes i did, bfa photo - overall i think its a great place.

oh okay yours is the 4th, yeah mine is the 6th. Very excited and yet very nervous. i think the pressure of flying all that way (I'm american) just for a 30 minute meeting is getting to me, and interviews have never been my strong point! I've only heard amazing things about RCA - and yeah the facilities seem highly alluring, very eager to check it out it's my #1 for sure.

Has anyone heard from Rutgers re: painting?

I haven't heard from Rutgers painting yet either.  It seemed like the people who have heard from Rutgers already were applying for photo and maybe one other department.  There still might be a chance.  Also since they are calling instead of emailing it might take longer. Who knows!  I wish rejections went out sooner, I'd like to stop speculating haha

On 2/26/2014 at 3:38 PM, Shaoceptual said:

Are you applying for University of Washington Seattle (UW) or Washington University in St. Louis (WashU)? Photography program? Just curious cuz I am in UW

I'm applying to WashU, and for sculpture.

By the way, lurkers, I saw another couple WUSTL admits pop up on the results page, but nobody's claimed them in this thread I think. Are you out there? Going to the open house in March? I'll try to post a summary for anyone who can't make it...

On 2/26/2014 at 3:38 PM, Shaoceptual said:

Hey Shaoceptual,

I applied to University of Washington Seattle/Photomedia. Did you have an interview? I had one a month ago and still now word.