MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

For VCU applicants, where did you see the application status? I found a link for undergrad but not for grad. Thanks

Under how to apply, you will see I am a: and choose graduate applicant. Then under the tab "after you apply" there is a link to log in and check your status

Thanks! I am also, "Complete, ready for review"

Damn! I just don't get why mine is missing and I don't buy the "you'll receive a letter in the mail within 10 days" story. I guess this means I probably didn't get in. :/

It really would be nice to hear back from some of my schools. UGH.

Well I've been following this forum religiously the past couple of weeks and just thought I'd finally share my info I've come across in the past month. It's good to know a lot of people are going through the same highs and lows of the MFA application process. 

University of Arizona – Accepted, no funding

University of Texas at Austin - short waitlisted

Arizona State University – Accepted, funding?

Cranbrook Academy of Art 

Colorado University - rejected

Chapel Hill North Carolina

University of Georgia - waitlisted

University of Tennessee - rejected

Syracuse University - Interview should hear back in a week or two  :D 

Washington State University

Anybody heard anything from UNC good or bad yet? 

Also, any printmakers heard back from Cranbrook yet? I know a lot of departments have set interviews up, but haven't seen anything about print media.

Hi , I'm applying for printmaking in ASU too. When did they notifie you that you are accepted? I haven't  heard anything from them so I'm pretty nervous. 

Edited by miss.meowmeow

anyone know of any fabulous rolling admissions places on the east coast?? Also, have people followed up on their interviews?

If you find any, gimme a holler.

!!! Kent State in Ohio has rolling admissions and the deadline for their printmaking application for consideration for assistantship has been extended! There's a full assistantship open here! I made a post about it a few days ago but if you want more info you can message me!

Just got an acceptance email from MSU Bozeman.

I messaged the graduate coordinator at UT Austin yesterday. She wrote back to tell me that all final notifications should be going out by the end of the day today. 

Update:

MFA in painting: 

SAIC - rejection letter (2/24/2014) but asked to look at post-bacc program

CMU - rejection email (2/2/2014)

The University of Houston - wait listed (2/28/2014)

The University of Texas at Austin - denied (status changed on website on 2/28/2014)

bummer

Edited by ginagwen

Unsuccessful for Goldsmiths.

I had to call them today as we were supposed to hear by the end of Feb – the lady who answered was asking someone else across the room and I heard a second lady laughing and saying "they would have HEARD by now if they'd been successful" before I went on hold, then the 2nd lady picked up and looked up my record to check. Sucky way to find out :(

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

well, i guess its the same situation for me too then!

Has anyone heard from UC Berkeley?

Yes. iomarch had an interview and then got accepted- much earlier in the thread.

Edited by ismewilde

Also, have people followed up on their interviews?

I have no idea if we're expected to, but I've sent very brief thank-you emails to my interviewers, and 2/3 sent back brief pleasant replies.

Was just called by Malcolm Mobutu Smith, was accepted to Indiana University - Bloomington w/ funding!

Congratulations fairweather! Sounds like your work here is done--if I'm reading your signature properly you've made your decision. All the best with your program.

Congratulations fairweather! Sounds like your work here is done--if I'm reading your signature properly you've made your decision. All the best with your program.

It is indeed, glad the wait is over. It's four years of building work and studio time since the first attempt, glad its finally paying off. Was 0/5 first round and hit exactly where I wanted to this time, DONT GET DISCOURAGED EVERYONE!