MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Pretty sure I got rejected from PSU also, although I'm out of the country so I haven't been able to check my mail.  Did you get that notification via snail or email?  

I interviewed with PNCA a couple weeks ago and then got an email acceptance last week.  Not sure when they are done notifying, but I do know they hurried mine because they new I'd be leaving the country.

I got the rejection via snail mail. Maybe I still have hope of receiving a letter from PNCA since I'm in the country?

:unsure:

I got the rejection via snail mail. Maybe I still have hope of receiving a letter from PNCA since I'm in the country?

:unsure:

Yeah, I'd say you definitely do!  They told me at the end of my interview that they were trying really hard to get my notification to me before I left, but they sounded like they weren't sending everybody's out yet.  

Last year I was rejected (for photo) by Arizona and UNLV, but UNLV put that they "encouraged me to apply again for 2014."

But crap, they both rejected me again. 

UCSB also rejected me... still have two apps out, but maybe it's time to just move to Asia or something... I dunno. It's so frustrating! The UNLV thing really stings quite a bit. 

Fairweather if you already accepted an offer doesn't it make sense to pull your other applications? What is the benefit of keeping them out there?

I have been, they are messaging before I can take the applications out. Also was accepted to RIT today and had to draft an email explaining I took the offer from Indiana already. 

Last year I was rejected (for photo) by Arizona and UNLV, but UNLV put that they "encouraged me to apply again for 2014."

But crap, they both rejected me again. 

UCSB also rejected me... still have two apps out, but maybe it's time to just move to Asia or something... I dunno. It's so frustrating! The UNLV thing really stings quite a bit. 

I'm sorry to hear that you were rejected from UCSB. I hope you don't mind me asking when and how you heard?

Nice, congratulations! Best of luck with your interview.

Glad that USC's notification schedule will be a little less mysterious after this round.

Just a note to anyone who may be new to this forum...for the benefit of future applicants, please post your results under the "submit results" tab at the top of the page (under the coffee cup). cheers.

Thank you kafralal. Has anyone else heard from UCLA? I do remember the remarks from earlier.

I see that there is an SAIC Printmedia acceptance listed in the Results section… congrats to whomever that is!  I am going to assume that I didn't make the cut, since I did not receive a phone call today :(

Iowa rejection was via email. Just heard from Stanford via email - notice to check the application decision on their site...which was a no. Just a little more build up for the same result so far. Down to Duke and Northwestern.

"I'm sorry to hear that you were rejected from UCSB. I hope you don't mind me asking when and how you heard?"

They emailed me. 

When did they email you?

thanks

Iowa rejection was via email. Just heard from Stanford via email - notice to check the application decision on their site...which was a no. Just a little more build up for the same result so far. Down to Duke and Northwestern.

At stanford, what emphasis did you apply for? I also applied but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm sorry to hear that you were rejected from UCSB. I hope you don't mind me asking when and how you heard?

When did they email you?

thanks

Here is the information I got when I called the school last month, spoke with Carol and found I did not make the cut. Their is a wait list that they have as a bit of stand by just in case the first choice folks don't go. From my understanding this list is not published nor has anyone been notified that they are on this list.

I would call if you want to know where you stand, they will flat out tell you. I knew I had been rejected a week before they got the email out (2/24) and it seems like that if you have not been officially rejected at this point it is likely you are on the wait list if you haven't heard anything. Still no information I or anyone can give you will replace actually speaking to the department.

Hi pupik,

I was called last Monday for an interview, I applied to painting though the mfa program is interdisciplinary they categorize by department for the admissions process. Interviews are being held March 13th& 15th, whether those dates are just for those who applied to painting or the entire program I don't know. Good luck!

I see that there is an SAIC Printmedia acceptance listed in the Results section… congrats to whomever that is!  I am going to assume that I didn't make the cut, since I did not receive a phone call today :(

Where is this Results section that you speak of?  Is it in the main grad cafe forum area instead of the arts section?

Stanford: MFA Documentary Film. Anyone hear anything from Northwestern or Duke's MFA Documentary programs?

Nope.  Although, I don't think Northwestern has begun looking at my application.  I'm really curious how many applied to the program since this fall will be the first year.

Where is this Results section that you speak of?  Is it in the main grad cafe forum area instead of the arts section?

Top of the page. The button that says Results Search.