MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

riordjj, my feeling is that it may not necessarily mean anything. I received that email February 19 and I believe it is notification that they have received your FAFSA information. I had two CA schools that I listed to receive my information, including one that I ultimately decided to not apply to.

What does your email say from CA student aid commission.  It seems some schools are sending out generic Financial Aid emails.  CCA said they would get back to us by end of day today for acceptances.  Sounds like the consensus for Berkeley is they have already made their offers...

pertaining to CCA is that just for the painting dept?

Yes that is just for the painting dept.  I think we all interviewed the same weekend , so I'm guessing sculpture would probably be finding out this week or next week as well, but I can't say for sure. Good Luck!!

anyone hear back from yale post-interview? according to the invitation to interview letter, today should be the day when final decisions are made..

No news yet :/

has anyone heard from upenn post interview?

From what I understand, they won't notify until noon on Friday the 14th.  

Which department did you apply to at VCU?

yale decisions are up

I got WAITLISTED

@#$!@#%#%@#$%@#$%@#

semi-congrats? 

Accepted to UO's Folklore program. No messages back from UO's art program  :wacko:

So, you have been accepted to your dream program- in part.... please celebrate what you have received thus far. To me, it would be incredibly difficult to complete an MFA and another degree at the same time because the MFA is extremely time consuming. If you don't get into it, perhaps you can follow with that after you complete your MA?

Check the CCA web portal.  I just saw on the results page someone posted how to login to see your status. 

• Go to webadvisor.cca.edu. - Username: "cca" + "ID number" - Password: mmddyy - Prospective Students >> Admission Status

Mine says 'Congratulations-Admitted'

But I haven't heard any official notification from the department.  So I suppose I'm in but just waiting for official notifications that go out mid march?  I have no word on funding. 

They say they will post notification letters online on March 14th at 12pm.  Very specific.

Painting , I pretty much know I'm going to vcu as its my first choice/dream school - but am curious about upenn since in past years it seemed people were notified earlier, although it doesn't look like anyone has said anything this year!

Check the CCA web portal.  I just saw on the results page someone posted how to login to see your status. 

• Go to webadvisor.cca.edu. - Username: "cca" + "ID number" - Password: mmddyy - Prospective Students >> Admission Status

Mine says 'Congratulations-Admitted'

But I haven't heard any official notification from the department.  So I suppose I'm in but just waiting for official notifications that go out mid march?  I have no word on funding. 

Thanks for posting Yellow Magnet!! That login procedure worked perfect for me too! Mine also says "congratulations- Admitted" no financial aid informatino either.  I can't believe it.  I applied in past years and didn't get in anywhere so I am feeling very relieved today finally.  Yellow Magnet, did you get any emails regarding an "award letter" from SAIC being mailed to you ( I haven't recieved anything re: acceptance and I tried calling today and all they could say were that decision and award letters are in transit). 

San Jose State: Accepted 2/22 via phone

OTIS: Accepted 2/25 via postal service + 10,000 scholarship

SFAI: notified by email 1/29 for 2/22 interview, accepted 3/6/14 via email

CCA: notified by email 2/5 for 2/33 interview, accepted 3/4/14 had to log on to online portal with instructions above

SAIC: notified 2/4 by email for 3/1 interview

Yale: Rejected 1/31 via email and online application site

Hunter: rejected 3/3 via email 

UCLA: Assumed rejected

USC: Assumed ryejected

UC Berkeley:

Claremont:

Edited by seasalt

CCA results online!

I got in without an interview!! Granted it probably means that there is little to no financial aid, but I'm in to both programs and can do my dual degree!!! Waiting to hear back from SAIC (it's my second choice AND they would have MUCH better funding), but I'm SO STOKED that even if I'm completely BROKE at the end of 3 years it will be okay!

Edited by DidacticPrinter

Thanks for posting Yellow Magnet!! That login procedure worked perfect for me too! Mine also says "congratulations- Admitted" no financial aid informatino either.  I can't believe it.  I applied in past years and didn't get in anywhere so I am feeling very relieved today finally.  Yellow Magnet, did you get any emails regarding an "award letter" from SAIC being mailed to you ( I haven't recieved anything re: acceptance and I tried calling today and all they could say were that decision and award letters are in transit). 

San Jose State: Accepted 2/22 via phone

OTIS: Accepted 2/25 via postal service + 10,000 scholarship

SFAI: notified by email 1/29 for 2/22 interview, accepted 3/6/14 via email

CCA: notified by email 2/5 for 2/33 interview, accepted 3/4/14 had to log on to online portal with instructions above

SAIC: notified 2/4 by email for 3/1 interview

Yale: Rejected 1/31 via email and online application site

Hunter: rejected 3/3 via email 

UCLA: Assumed rejected

USC: Assumed ryejected

UC Berkeley:

Claremont:

Your welcome! Have you visited CCA?  or know someone who went there for school?  I wasn't able to visit and really don't know how it will fit me.  

I applied to two programs at SAIC.  I received an email on 3/6 about award notifications that a package will be sent in the mail, but I think its for the Arts Admin program I was accepted to previously? But i remember already getting one. So now I'm thoroughly confused about my Sculpture application.  I have no clue!!!! gah.. its confusing. Did you go out in person for you interview at SAIC as well?

Feel free to PM me if you would like.

is that portal real? im kind of skeptical, but yea i got accepted!

cca has a great program, I have a personal friend that went and said nothing but great things about the program. The only downfall for him was the price tag, he got two cca scholarships and it was still a large sum of money.

the main downfall for me is that its only a two year program.

Your welcome! Have you visited CCA? or know someone who went there for school? I wasn't able to visit and really don't know how it will fit me.

I applied to two programs at SAIC. I received an email on 3/6 about award notifications that a package will be sent in the mail, but I think its for the Arts Admin program I was accepted to previously? But i remember already getting one. So now I'm thoroughly confused about my Sculpture application. I have no clue!!!! gah.. its confusing. Did you go out in person for you interview at SAIC as well?

Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Hi Yellow Magnet,

I applied to photo mfa in SAIC but I know that sculpture and photo interviews are on the same day. Does the email mean accepted?

I did a phone interview from UCLA Photo program on 2/19 and it has been more than two weeks without hearing anything back... Does it mean rejection? I am extremely anxious right now...