MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Feeling very relieved and grateful, got accepted to Cranbrook. Had to read the email a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Good luck to everyone else out there! Now I can start worrying how to pay for it. The GI Bill won't cover it all... :)

Congratulations! Cranbrook is awesome, and the grounds are so beautiful… mystical almost. Best of luck!

I have not yet heard anything. I will likely email them this weekend and tell them I accepted another offer. I have a feeling ND will be one of the last schools to go over apps. I don't know if you have visited ND's campus or not, but I grew up in northern Indiana. It is the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. We go down once a year for a football game and I just love it there. If you are lucky enough to gain admission, DO NOT PASS IT UP - their reputation as a top notch school is known by all. Good luck!

I guess I should have reworded that...did you call or email them to let them know you had accepted another offer?

Accepted to MICA yesterday.

i feel like a BAAAAM from Phil Collins, Trailer Park Boys.

Pretty sure I'm not going to hear from anyone else but who gives a fuck? Truly with all the rejections coming in, I was sure I was going to be smote by the universe this time around. This thing is a crap shoot.

Feeling very relieved and grateful, got accepted to Cranbrook. Had to read the email a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Good luck to everyone else out there! Now I can start worrying how to pay for it. The GI Bill won't cover it all... :)

I felt the same, that it couldn't be true.

Got the phone call from Carnegie Mellon today! John Carson, the head of the department, called me himself and let me know I've been accepted!!!!

:D

Wow! Extremely thrilled!

He said funding information was forthcoming and would be including in the official letter.

Awesome! Congratulations on all your acceptances, ismewilde! 

Accepted into NYAA with a small scholarship. Pretty nervous right now, but happy none the less.

For the scholarship, does anyone know if it's typically frowned upon to see if there's more that could be given? With high tuition, 3k for the first year doesn't amount to too much.

Edited by Mr.X

You might have answered this at some point.. but how did you hear from OSU? Email? Also what program did you apply for. 

osu's funding is awesome. I sat down and talked to the head of the dept a couple month back. He's totally cool and talked about how pretty much all admitted get funding + stipend. and it was a decent amount (over a grand a month) I met some of the students there as well. They're all super nice and talked to me about the program. Def worth a trip out there. If you go there and have questions about the area let me know. (I live down the street from campus) :)

I heard through email and I applied to painting but was accepted into printmaking. The program is so interdisciplinary that I'm fine with anything.  I live in the area too! I've been living in Columbus since September. I've been loving it. Hey fun, lets be friends! 

Haven't heard anyone talk about UC Irvine since Czarina got an interview in February. Anyone have any updates?

They definitely have interviews, right? It's not like UCLA where they may or may not? 

Accepted into NYAA with a small scholarship. Pretty nervous right now, but happy none the less.

For the scholarship, does anyone know if it's typically frowned upon to see if there's more that could be given? With high tuition, 3k for the first year doesn't amount to too much.

Congrats!

It might be frowned upon unless you have also received an offer from another school with better funding. In that case, you could call NYAA and ask them if they could meet the level of funding the other school is offering.

Thanks!

Everything is still way way too expensive. Even with the scholarship Pratt (with full tuition + fees close to 95k) is absofrickinlutely crazy. The three year at Yale ($108k) is so much more affordable. Never thought that Pratt (or SVA) would be more expensive than Yale, with it's brilliant list of faculty and reputation. 

congratulations, it seemed like you were going to get a few options. ;)

I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now. And I am glad to see that most people have gotten some very good news!

This was my first year applying to MFA program, AND I didn't get into any schools this time around. I did however get waitlisted for Painting in my top choice, UGA.

How much hope can a person have on this waitlist?

3 slots for this department and 8 people on the waitlist, admissions doesn't reveal the number you are.

They put me in the waitlist. So sad~~~ 

Hey congrats!!!!  Tyler has an AMAZING program and brand new facilities and studios in a really amazing city.  just sayin. You might want to check with them about finances, but they usually also offer to pay tuition while you TA and give you a stipend.  Most of the painting grads would do that 2 or 3 out of 4 semesters.

Edited by beautifulparadox

I emailed VCU MFA Sculpture, cause I didn't want to wait anymore, and they wrote a very nice no. 
Expected, wonderful competitive program for 6 spots. 

I really don't want to do this again next year.

UT Austin-Sculpture, rejected

SAIC-MF in Designed Objects-interview

RISD-Sculpture- interview

VCU-Sculpture, rejected

UCLA, Assumed rejected

I heard through email and I applied to painting but was accepted into printmaking. The program is so interdisciplinary that I'm fine with anything.  I live in the area too! I've been living in Columbus since September. I've been loving it. Hey fun, lets be friends! 

Ah geez. I've not heard a peep from OSU and I'm still "pending" on their site. I applied to art and tech but yeah the whole program is pretty open so I'm assuming rejection or wait-list. 

ha that's awesome! If you want to stress out about what program to go to together, my friends/professors/parents/boyfriend need a break from my rants  :P

I don't know if anyone else here applied to Parsons or not, but I went onto their http://my.newschool.edu portal and found out that I've been accepted! If there are any more of you out there who applied, good luck!

I don't know where I'll be going now. I'm feeling very conflicted. I'll just wait for financial aid packages to come out........