MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Has anyone heard from University of Minnesota Twin Cities?  Do they even interview?  Under my status it says: FINAL REVIEW.  I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.  Anyone with insight...your input would be greatly appreciated.  Cheers!

I don't know if anyone else here applied to Parsons or not, but I went onto their http://my.newschool.edu portal and found out that I've been accepted! If there are any more of you out there who applied, good luck!

I don't know where I'll be going now. I'm feeling very conflicted. I'll just wait for financial aid packages to come out........

Thanks DidacticPrinter! It took me a while to figure out how to log in but I made it. Accepted for photo!

Accepted to SAIC Painting & Drawing program via snail mail, no word on funding yet... Didn't think I did well in that interview since they kept asking me why I didn't paint on canvas. 

Oh, god, thanks for telling us that you got in via snail mail! I saw others posting that they'd received phone calls and e-mails and I was feeling so, so sad about it! SAIC might be a dealbreaker for me with my other schools. It's the only school I've applied to twice. Man... waiting for snail mail to get over here, though. I might be waiting for a long, long time to hear anything. I was still getting Christmas cards well into February! :-/

I just logged in and it says "decision made."  But it won't tell you what the decision is until a day later according to the website.  They do interview.  Basically, if you weren't interviewed, you're probably not going to be accepted.  They offer full funding to everyone they accept, so the program is highly competitive as they accept only 6 or 7 people on average per year and receive over 100 applications.  I wasn't interviewed and had pretty much given up hope.  

Really?

Mine says "final review" right now.   We are both photo.  Well shit

One of us is getting bad news.

Could I ask which major??

Accepted to MICA yesterday.

i feel like a BAAAAM from Phil Collins, Trailer Park Boys.

Pretty sure I'm not going to hear from anyone else but who gives a fuck? Truly with all the rejections coming in, I was sure I was going to be smote by the universe this time around. This thing is a crap shoot.

Rejected from UO's art program. Plan to amaze them in the fall with my plans for my folklore program. Keep a watchful eye for Sasquatch sightings on the Eugene campus in a few months.  :wub:

Sorry to hear about UO..... How were you notified?  Looks like we both applied to photo and had interviews the same day, my app status still says pending on their website.

Has anyone heard from USC or UCLA yet? Geez they are taking forever.....

Interviewed with UCLA on Feb.19 (suppose to be Feb.17 but I missed the call). And now I am extremely anxious to hear back... I checked result search that people got rejections notification on March.15 for the past years... And I feel hopeless now..

Edited by Shaoceptual

Called Illinois State today to ask if I could submit an updated exhibition list and the graduate secretary told me they're on spring break and likely won't start the review process until everyone returns next week. It sounded like this was the case for all of the concentrations within this area, as I had not given her my concentration info yet. 

Called Illinois State today to ask if I could submit an updated exhibition list and the graduate secretary told me they're on spring break and likely won't start the review process until everyone returns next week. It sounded like this was the case for all of the concentrations within this area, as I had not given her my concentration info yet. 

I'm not sure if it's different for every department, I got my acceptance letter emailed (2/25) and mailed late February. I'm in the video art MFA. So I'm not sure if that's treated any different...

I can't help but believe that schools just do things case by case.. which is confusing and frustrating! 

Edited by anonymous user

Ah geez. I've not heard a peep from OSU and I'm still "pending" on their site. I applied to art and tech but yeah the whole program is pretty open so I'm assuming rejection or wait-list. 

ha that's awesome! If you want to stress out about what program to go to together, my friends/professors/parents/boyfriend need a break from my rants  :P

I think my situation was a little weird because they emailed me awhile back and asked if I would consider printmaking. I've just been communicating with the head of printmaking, he told me that I was in. 

Seriously same! If you ever feel like getting coffee just send me a message. Tryna make some artist friends out here! I live right near campus too.

Has anyone heard from University of Minnesota Twin Cities?  Do they even interview?  Under my status it says: FINAL REVIEW.  I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.  Anyone with insight...your input would be greatly appreciated.  Cheers!

I heard from U of M the other day that I was wait listed. I applied to painting. They emailed me. I'm from MN and am such a fan of their program and the twin cities. 

I really wanted in. Does anyone have any insight about being wait listed? I probably won't know if I have a chance until after April 15 but I have to decide on my other schools by then. So is there no chance?

Interviewed with UCLA on Feb.19 (suppose to be Feb.17 but I missed the call). And now I am extremely anxious to hear back... I checked result search that people got rejections notification on March.15 for the past years... And I feel hopeless now..

So maybe we have a few more days before the rejections (or hopefully acceptances!) are sent out.

I haven't heard of anyone receiving a rejection yet for either school.

So maybe we have a few more days before the rejections (or hopefully acceptances!) are sent out.

I haven't heard of anyone receiving a rejection yet for either school.

Idk... I assume the worst already cuz this year is super competitive from what I know. When was your interview? With Catherine?

I actually emailed the grad coordinator today as well, I had heard from her before that they're plan is to let everyone know by the middle of March.  She mentioned today that she was going to contact area heads early next week to try to see where they're at and get info out soon.  And like anonymous user said, each area works at their own rate.

Edited by MayorOrange

Has anyone heard from the Painting department at Ohio State? Still listed as pending and the head of the department never got back.

At this point I just want a definitive answer, whatever it may be.