MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I have officially decided to attend Indiana University! Anyone else completing their mfa there???

Did you hear about it today? Mannn, I applied there and was  hoping to be admitted. I love Jeff Wolin. 

Hey congratulations!  That is wonderful news.  If I were you, I would wait till around the 20th and if there's no word from massart then I would call MassArt and ask.  At the latest I'd at least call on the 24th, monday, cause maybe they won't be able to tell you right away when you call... so you probably want to give them a few days before your deadline for SFAI.  Good luck! 

Hey, thank you!! That's great advice. I'll try and sit still and wait a little bit longer.

Did you hear about it today? Mannn, I applied there and was  hoping to be admitted. I love Jeff Wolin. 

No not today.. I actually got a personal email from Mr. James Nakagawa about my acceptance on February 13th and then received my letter about a week later. Yea i am really excited to meet Mr. Wolin.. and I love Mr. Nakagawa's work, So I am really excited! I just finally made up my mind and mailed back my acceptance to their offer yesterday..

No not today.. I actually got a personal email from Mr. James Nakagawa about my acceptance on February 13th and then received my letter about a week later. Yea i am really excited to meet Mr. Wolin.. and I love Mr. Nakagawa's work, So I am really excited! I just finally made up my mind and mailed back my acceptance to their offer yesterday..

That's great! Congrats!!

Got some news from SMFA. Phone calls were supposed to go out at the end of last week. However, things happened and they got slowed down. Phone calls are going out now. Offical letters are going out next week.

I ended up E-mailing them becasue my interviewer told me I was supposed to be notified by the end of last week. They got back to me really quickly and I found out I got accepted! Whoooo. They will get back to me tomorrow with a scholarship number.  

Got some news from SMFA. Phone calls were supposed to go out at the end of last week. However, things happened and they got slowed down. Phone calls are going out now. Offical letters are going out next week.

I ended up E-mailing them becasue my interviewer told me I was supposed to be notified by the end of last week. They got back to me really quickly and I found out I got accepted! Whoooo. They will get back to me tomorrow with a scholarship number.  

Thats great news!!  I'm waiting to hear back from them... did they call you because you emailed them or are they calling most people?  Does it seem like they're calling accepted prospects and mailing rejections? 

Thats great news!!  I'm waiting to hear back from them... did they call you because you emailed them or are they calling most people?  Does it seem like they're calling accepted prospects and mailing rejections? 

I specificlly e-mailed Chuck who I've been in contact with for a while. He's the 'Graduate Admissions Counselor'. He called me back (at 9pm local time from home!)  told me that he has a list of phone calls that he's been making but he ran into some stuff last week and got slowed down. It just sounds like hes been crazy busy but the school will send out all notifications both good and bad starting next week. It sounds like he also has scholarship numbers but didn't have them at home so he coulden't tell me what I got.  

I specificlly e-mailed Chuck who I've been in contact with for a while. He's the 'Graduate Admissions Counselor'. He called me back (at 9pm local time from home!)  told me that he has a list of phone calls that he's been making but he ran into some stuff last week and got slowed down. It just sounds like hes been crazy busy but the school will send out all notifications both good and bad starting next week. It sounds like he also has scholarship numbers but didn't have them at home so he coulden't tell me what I got.  

okay great! that eases my nerves.  Congratulations! 

Accepted into Duke's MFA Documentary program !

Congratulations bdepps!  :) Exciting News!  I applied there as well, but have yet receive any news of some sort.  Did you gather any information on funding in your acceptance email?  Also, is it one of your top choices?

Help! I know I mentioned a part of this before, but I have to choose between 3-year SAIC (waiting to hear back about $), 3-year CalArts (ditto, but unlikely), and 2-year MICA ($11900 annual scholarship) for an MFA graphic design. Someone mentioned really great things about SAIC, but can anyone offer any advice on CalArts or MICA? I'll be flying to the schools soon to make my decision, but some insight would definitely be appreciated!

Heyy, when did you get the result of MICA?

I heard they might send it today or through this weekend. But did you get it already? Ohhh

Help! I know I mentioned a part of this before, but I have to choose between 3-year SAIC (waiting to hear back about $), 3-year CalArts (ditto, but unlikely), and 2-year MICA ($11900 annual scholarship) for an MFA graphic design. Someone mentioned really great things about SAIC, but can anyone offer any advice on CalArts or MICA? I'll be flying to the schools soon to make my decision, but some insight would definitely be appreciated!

now to choose: RIT (large faculty & reputation) or Syracuse (funding & networking)

they're both good schools but so different at the same time. any advice?

I checked Parsons portal and it says "Congratulations on your acceptance and we look forward to seeing you at The New School. " Does this mean I am accepted ? It does not have a personal message so I was not so sure.

Hey so I checked my.newschool.edu too... it says congratulations...BUT newschool.askadmissions.net has not been updated. 

When I called them a few minutes ago...they said that we would hear via snail mail and that they couldnt confirm or deny application status!!

Im so stressed! Am I just being paranoid to think that the my.newschool site is bugged??!!!

Ahh! 

It doesnt help that my interview was quite a disaster :( 

UCONN finalist interviews were last month (mid-Feb). And then UCONN said it would be a month until decisions would be made. UCONN and several other schools are on spring break next week so I had hoped to hear this week but still nothing. Maybe the last week in March then??? I think a month post interview is plenty of time for schools to make decisions because most realize that other schools are waiting on students to decide as well.

i guess the departments are different, i got this email back today...

"We are completing our review process this week and final decisions will be made shortly. I will be in contact soon."

hmmm, either way, it's taking a really long time and i have to make decisions soon.

Congratulations bdepps!  :) Exciting News!  I applied there as well, but have yet receive any news of some sort.  Did you gather any information on funding in your acceptance email?  Also, is it one of your top choiceThe

Thanks... The funding offered was pretty low compared to how much tuition is at Duke. They offered 6000$ the second and third semester with a GA/TA position.

so finally after bugging Michigan a few times, I got my rejection! congrads to those who got in!

Ill be staying in canada and going to ubc :)

Congratulations!

Thanks, ismewilde! And belated congrats on CMU. It's fun watching things work out for people here. 

In other news, Goldsmiths advises that we will hear final post-interview decisions "by the end of April." Ugh. Not sure how to deal with that. 

evd: now to choose: RIT (large faculty & reputation) or Syracuse (funding & networking)

they're both good schools but so different at the same time. any advice?

Congrats on the Syracuse acceptance, how did they contact you if you don't mind me asking?