MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I checked Parsons portal and it says "Congratulations on your acceptance and we look forward to seeing you at The New School. " Does this mean I am accepted ? It does not have a personal message so I was not so sure.

Got into Pratt with 15K/year scholarship!!! First good news in this whole process....

What is everyone's thought on Pratt?? Doesn't seem like a lot of people applied.

Edited by JoJoYang

it's kind of blowing my mind that schools send out decisions via snail mail in the year 2k14. that being said, maybe i should check the PO box that i've neglected for the past few wks.

it's kind of blowing my mind that schools send out decisions via snail mail in the year 2k14. that being said, maybe i should check the PO box that i've neglected for the past few wks.

I was just thinking the same thing earlier today. I wish they would just send emails with attached pdf's. Some schools are doing it this way because they are conscious of their environmental impact.

Anyone received any funding info from SAIC yet?

I didn't receive any information about funding in my acceptance email or letter. I saw that print&draw has been notified of 25% scholarship, so I'm starting to think I didn't receive anything...

However, I did receive an email last Thursday, saying that my financial aid award packet had been sent out. I'm holding out hope, however misguided. I'm sure they're just referring to an outline of the costs, but I want to believe that there will be some aid in the packet.

What department have you been admitted to, Alpha-numeric?

I received a financial packet from the Print Media department like 2 days after getting accepted. Nothing from Painting & Drawing, my guess is that each department moves at their own pace, so some financial packets maybe coming later than others - though, who knows.....

Has anyone hear anything from the University of Illinois Chicago for graphic design?

I applied for their Studio Art program and have still not heard anything. I know that I applied for the priority deadline of Dec.15, so maybe that has something to do with the delay? Not sure. Did they even interview anyone? I never got contacted for an interview.

Also still waiting on, UCLA, USC, and NYU.

Where did you check? in admission hub?

I checked Parsons portal and it says "Congratulations on your acceptance and we look forward to seeing you at The New School. " Does this mean I am accepted ? It does not have a personal message so I was not so sure.

I applied for their Studio Art program and have still not heard anything. I know that I applied for the priority deadline of Dec.15, so maybe that has something to do with the delay? Not sure. Did they even interview anyone? I never got contacted for an interview.

Also still waiting on, UCLA, USC, and NYU.

I applied for the early dead line too, thought I would hear a bit earlier. I've not heard anything about interviews, I just checked my application portal, and it says "Referred to College for Review" under "Decision", so not sure what that really means. More waiting I guess.

Good luck waiting!

Hi! I'm new to the forum and thought that I might ask for some information about schools...

I just got accepted to SAIC and CalArts for their respective 3-year graphic design programs and am waiting to hear back from a couple of more schools before deciding. Does anyone know anything about them and would be able to offer some advice? I'll be visiting the schools soon to see for myself, and I know that SAIC has a great letterpress, etc, and has a little bit of money that they might be able to offer, and I also know that the program at CalArts is really incredible but has close to zero chances of offering me any kind of funding.

Any words would be appreciated! Thanks!

Has anyone that got into SAIC Painting heard about funding yet? If so did it come via snail mail, phone, email?  Thanks!

San Jose State: Accepted 2/22 via phone

OTIS: Accepted 2/25 via postal service + 10,000 scholarship

SFAI: notified by email 1/29 for 2/22 interview, accepted 3/6/14 via email

CCA: notified by email 2/5 for 2/33 interview, accepted 3/4/14 had to log on to online portal with instructions above

SAIC: notified 2/4 by email for 3/1 interview, accepted via snail mail 3/11/14

Yale: Rejected 1/31 via email and online application site

Hunter: rejected 3/3 via email 

UCLA: Assumed rejected

USC: Assumed ryejected

UC Berkeley: Assumed rejected

Claremont: ??

I didn't receive any information about funding in my acceptance email or letter. I saw that print&draw has been notified of 25% scholarship, so I'm starting to think I didn't receive anything...

However, I did receive an email last Thursday, saying that my financial aid award packet had been sent out. I'm holding out hope, however misguided. I'm sure they're just referring to an outline of the costs, but I want to believe that there will be some aid in the packet.

What department have you been admitted to, Alpha-numeric?

The Painting and Drawing Dept. I got a voicemail from a Professor this afternoon. He's supposed to call me in the morning. Hopefully that sheds some light on the funding situation.

Yes, got waitlisted early last week, not sure if that helps.

Yes it does. That's good news! Hopefully you get into where you want to go, looks like you've had some good news.

I won't feel so bad calling them tomorrow then, if some decisions have gone out.

I'm not sure if it's different for every department, I got my acceptance letter emailed (2/25) and mailed late February. I'm in the video art MFA. So I'm not sure if that's treated any different...

I can't help but believe that schools just do things case by case.. which is confusing and frustrating! 

A lot of schools do it by department, so that could be the case. I'd seen you posting and saw that you were for film so I'd assumed their department had gotten through their stuff but others had not.

I actually emailed the grad coordinator today as well, I had heard from her before that they're plan is to let everyone know by the middle of March.  She mentioned today that she was going to contact area heads early next week to try to see where they're at and get info out soon.  And like anonymous user said, each area works at their own rate.

Yeah, this is essentially what she told me. I hadn't seen anyone posting about there and had only seen a few signatures mentioning Illinois State so I just wanted to give an update for any people who are mostly lurkers (like myself). 

Yes it does. That's good news! Hopefully you get into where you want to go, looks like you've had some good news. I won't feel so bad calling them tomorrow then, if some decisions have gone out.

GOOD LUCK! Let me know what they say...it's been so hard to contact the graduate coordinator, unfortunately.

Edited by drusillatheteenagewitch