MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

The critiques?

The weekly critiques with the current MFA students (every student has one each semester). They're open to the public.

They've already finished interviews so....

Seeingeyeduck-- Curious if you are talking about Stanford interviews for the MFA art practice program? Also, how do you know? 

Weird.  So I received another email today from Northwestern notifying that my application is complete. I received one in February, but this new one says that it has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. I guess its still a waiting game.

I got that same email. I'm reassured hearing you did, too, in that at least I didn't do anything weird -- just something funky on their end. It's their first year.

Seeingeyeduck-- Curious if you are talking about Stanford interviews for the MFA art practice program? Also, how do you know?

Yes, art practice. I... Talk to people. They do have a waitlist, but I assume they interviewed those people too.

Anyone know when U. of Oregon sends out acceptances/rejections?

Someone on the results page listed they were emailed on the 4th, the day reviews were. Judging from the lack of email responses, I am assuming I was rejected at this point. 

I haven't seen whether anyone else on here applied to Mills College- I'm hoping to hear something from them soon as well. According to previous years postings, the notification window could be anytime between now and late March?

And, of course, still hoping for good news from CMU... any day now....

Edited by ismewilde

Has anyone hear heard from Columbia University - School of Art for anything theatre?

I had an interview at the beginning of February and the Head of the department said between March 1-14, he hopes….now I am anxious.

I just got accepted to the University of Florida for their Mass Communications program, which I accepted. It was the only school that I applied to for a MA instead of an MFA. And, I couldn't be more pleased to attend. They have by far been the single most responsive, professional and helpful school out of all that I have applied to - and that matters to me. Incredibly excited, and wished I would have saved my application money on the MFA degree programs and went straight for the MA because it fits me better. Best of luck to everyone!

I just got accepted to the University of Florida for their Mass Communications program, which I accepted. It was the only school that I applied to for a MA instead of an MFA. And, I couldn't be more pleased to attend. They have by far been the single most responsive, professional and helpful school out of all that I have applied to - and that matters to me. Incredibly excited, and wished I would have saved my application money on the MFA degree programs and went straight for the MA because it fits me better. Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats BLR!

I just received an interview request from Northwestern for March 17th!  It will be conducted on Skype with the Admissions Comitttee.  Hopefully, everything will go smoothly!

Congrats and good luck!

Has anyone heard from:

University of Minnesota

or Tulane?

It seems all my other schools have contacted so far.  But do not know if anyone has heard from them yet.

All the best!

Has anyone heard anything from University of Washington-Seattle? or University of Illinois-Chicago? All this "no-contact-no-chance" talk is making me really sad.... not a good way to go into a committee interview with Pratt tomorrow like this....I need a pep talk! LOL

Congratulation michellebreland!

Good luck on your interview Mauve23! It seems as though you may prefer the film form though as you will likely find your fellow aspiring film makers there.

I got an email today from SVA...I got accepted into their MFA Fine Arts program!

On and congratulations of course! Do you know how many candidates they take into the MFA Fine Arts program?

So I have been reading through different posts about grad school throughout the whole application process.. but I am finally posting something on here. This was my first time applying to grad school. I was surprised to be accepted into two programs, but now I have to decide which one to attend. I thought the waiting part was hard, but choosing a school is proving to be just at difficult. Does anyone have any advice when it comes to choosing which school to attend?!?!?.. Or any insights on how anyone made their own decision on which to attend?? Any insights would be much appreciated!