MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I have a feeling that schools don't send rejection letters to applicants who have interviewed, but that the wait lists consist of every interviewee.  I think the rule of thumb is that they interview three times the number of people they plan to accept, so the wait list could be 20 people deep.  Has anyone received a rejection letter after interviewing?

I have a feeling that schools don't send rejection letters to applicants who have interviewed, but that the wait lists consist of every interviewee.  I think the rule of thumb is that they interview three times the number of people they plan to accept, so the wait list could be 20 people deep.  Has anyone received a rejection letter after interviewing?

In the letter it said a "short" wait list. I would think that it would only be as many as they accepted. I might be wrong, but they put short on there for a reason.

It is pretty crazy. Considering that sometimes waitlist decisions can happen in the summer, from app season in Dec til then - that's half a year!!

I hope you hear sooner than that! Best of luck!

I've been assured that I will know by April at the latest but even so it's pretty nerve-racking.

Just got an official email saying I'm wait-listed for RISD photo... I am kind of surprised, I feel like I bombed my interview big time! So I'm glad that I'm wait-listed, but also frustrated since all that means is more waiting. And can I just say that Skype is the worst way to talk to people?? Seriously awful.

Anyone out there apply to Stanford's Art Practice program?? And are people getting results about CCA? I'm thinking I'm officially out of luck there, but don't want to give up just yet...

I also applied to Stanford's Art Practice program, but I haven't heard anything. I know they conduct interviews, but I don't think I'll be getting one.

Edited by Takara1

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum as this is my first year applying. So far I've heard from 2 schools, but not the other 2.

Kansas State-wait listed

University of Arizona-rejected via website

Stanford--

University of Notre Dame--

Does Notre Dame do interviews? Also, if you or someone you know got into KState and don't want it, can you please inform the school? I'm first on the wait list :)

Edited by Takara1

Well I've been following this forum religiously the past couple of weeks and just thought I'd finally share my info I've come across in the past month. It's good to know a lot of people are going through the same highs and lows of the MFA application process. 

University of Arizona – Accepted, no funding

University of Texas at Austin - short waitlisted

Arizona State University – Accepted, funding?

Cranbrook Academy of Art 

Colorado University - rejected

Chapel Hill North Carolina

University of Georgia - waitlisted

University of Tennessee - rejected

Syracuse University - Interview should hear back in a week or two  :D 

Washington State University

Anybody heard anything from UNC good or bad yet? 

Also, any printmakers heard back from Cranbrook yet? I know a lot of departments have set interviews up, but haven't seen anything about print media.

So what happens if you get an email from CCA saying the following....

You’re Invited to Participate in a Virtual Graduate Information Session

Dear Joseph

We appreciate your interest in graduate study at CCA and cordially invite you to participate in an upcoming virtual information session with the director of graduate admissions, Noel Dahl.

During the session, you will get detailed information about the application processes for our various graduate programs. You'll also learn what the faculty are looking for in an applicant, so you can tailor your application and successfully gain admission to one of the nation's top art and design colleges.

Please RSVP online.

We look forward to talking with you.

Noel Dahl

Director of Graduate Admissions

Does this mean I have an interview???? Or is this just them saying try again later?

Thanks to any CCA peeps already gone through this Shiit.

I think it's a fluke and they have your email address on an old list for people requesting info.

CCA is done with their interviews for the cycle. I did find out in an email, at least, that at CCA they don't interview everyone who is on their finalist list. So if you haven't heard from them yet... There's still more waiting and anticipation to be done!

Just got an official email saying I'm wait-listed for RISD photo... I am kind of surprised, I feel like I bombed my interview big time! So I'm glad that I'm wait-listed, but also frustrated since all that means is more waiting. And can I just say that Skype is the worst way to talk to people?? Seriously awful.

Anyone out there apply to Stanford's Art Practice program?? And are people getting results about CCA? I'm thinking I'm officially out of luck there, but don't want to give up just yet...

Hi Oakchild,

How RISD said in the email about wait-list? I applied their mfa photo as well but they said admission will be made on March. I am confused.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum as this is my first year applying. So far I've heard from 2 schools, but not the other 2.

Kansas State-wait listed

University of Arizona-rejected via website

Stanford--

University of Notre Dame--

Does Notre Dame do interviews? Also, if you or someone you know got into KState and don't want it, can you please inform the school? I'm first on the wait list :)

I applied to ND for Digital Media. Not sure about interviews, and you're the only person on here I've seen that has also applied there! :)

I think it's a fluke and they have your email address on an old list for people requesting info.

CCA is done with their interviews for the cycle. I did find out in an email, at least, that at CCA they don't interview everyone who is on their finalist list. So if you haven't heard from them yet... There's still more waiting and anticipation to be done!

Yeah, they are just sending emails to everyone who expressed interest; I don't think this is linked to any admissions decision.

I did click through though, and it seems that they are actually still taking rolling admissions through June!

I finalized my Columbia University interview, March 13th decided to do in person. Does anyone know how many they interview for painting? It's an interdisciplinary program but for admission purposes they divide applicants by department, they are interviewing for 9 spots for painters.

Unsuccessful for Goldsmiths.

I had to call them today as we were supposed to hear by the end of Feb – the lady who answered was asking someone else across the room and I heard a second lady laughing and saying "they would have HEARD by now if they'd been successful" before I went on hold, then the 2nd lady picked up and looked up my record to check. Sucky way to find out :(

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

I'm with you in painting, guess that means we were either accepted or rejected hah! I feel our paths keep crossing too!

Hah yeah, I suppose it is one or the other. Its good that you had an interview for VCU. I'm still waiting to hear from them. Hopefully I will have an interview.

Update:

MFA in painting: 

SAIC - rejection letter (2/24/2014) but asked to look at post-bacc program

CMU - rejection email (2/2/2014)

The University of Houston - wait listed (2/28/2014)

The University of Texas at Austin - waiting to hear

Edited by ginagwen

rawbdee, i applied to the photo dept. but in the phone chat i'm apprently falling in the cracks between photo and video; i'm pretty interdisciplinary as far as these things go. congratulations to you right back! have you visited campus?

Not yet, I'm going to visit after SPE next week! Pretty excited to check it out. How about you? I'm also photo!