MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Does anyone commute a couple of hours to an mfa program?crazy? Also, what's protocol for deferring? Any thoughts on that?

Edited by bathtub

via mail or email?

Anyone got any updates on result from CCA in last 2-3 days, specifically for graphic design?

I see a few have got results last week. Anyone from graphic design who got an update?

Has anyone heard from Ohio University about funding? I received my acceptance letter via email on the 21st of February. They said that they would be sending out financial aid information via snail mail in a few weeks and I haven't heard a thing. 

My USC application status now says this:

-YOU WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF YOUR ADMISSION DECISION SOON VIA POSTAL MAIL. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS PROVIDES FINAL DECISION NOTIFICATIONS BY LETTER ONLY. WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ADMISSION DECISIONS VIA E-MAIL, TELEPHONE, OR ANY OTHER MEANS.

Hope this helps clarify something about this very elusive program! Good luck to the chosen 8!

Anyone hear concretely from USC or UCI yet?

Edited by Anti Leader

Has anyone else been offer admission to SUNY Purchase? I've already passed the deadline for a different program that is waiting on my decision and I think Purchase is the school for me but I won't be able to visit the school. Have anyone visited or went to Interview day at the campus? Any extra insight into the program or its reputation would be fantastic. 

I'm Canadian and I have to make  decision between attending Purchase with some great funding but still not a full ride and staying in Canada where I will be paid for school. I know there's been some discussion on this forum regarding money vs reputation but I feel the decision between schools here that are fantastic programs and schools close to NYC with some debt is more complicated than that. I'm not looking for a clear answer on what to do but maybe more of any thoughts on Purchase SUNY if anyone has any. 

Thanks so much! 

I'm wishing everyone the best of luck in their applications and decision making! 

I applied to just two schools, CCA for Master in design and University of Washington for MDes and haven't heard from both schools.

Should I worry? Am I the only one who is still waiting to hear from them?

I have decided to defer my applications too.. since neither of the programs are giving me aid ...and I am actually quite heartbroken but its just too much money ....maybe ill apply to a different selection of schools next year.

Does anyone know which schools are good with aid/fellowship for international students?

Also what is the protocol for writing to schools requesting deferal?

My USC application status now says this:

-YOU WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF YOUR ADMISSION DECISION SOON VIA POSTAL MAIL. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS PROVIDES FINAL DECISION NOTIFICATIONS BY LETTER ONLY. WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ADMISSION DECISIONS VIA E-MAIL, TELEPHONE, OR ANY OTHER MEANS.

Hope this helps clarify something about this very elusive program! Good luck to the chosen 8!

For lurkers who may have already received an offer from USC and those thinking of applying next year, there is an unconfirmed rumor going around that Frances Stark and Sharon Lockhart recently resigned over disputes concerning the allocation of funds. If it is true, it would be something to be aware of.

I had an interview with USC over a week ago via skype and have yet to hear anything. Another person I know who had an interview received an email on Monday saying they've been waitlisted. I'm going to assume that they do indeed contact admits and waitlisters via email. Waiting it out but I feel like this is a bad sign for me. Bummer. 

TOTALLY, yes! I am going over my answers which I thought were amazing, now realizing where I could've done better. No point of agonizing, just taking notes for the next time I have to speak about my work & goals... Practice makes perfect, right?

anyone else feel like they were on cloud 9 after the interview, then after a few days of overanalysis did a 180 and feel like you totally bombed?

And that sounds far whinier than I intended. But, having never been through this process before, I'm just a bit surprised than some answers are taking as long as they are. Alas.

Has anyone else been offer admission to SUNY Purchase? I've already passed the deadline for a different program that is waiting on my decision and I think Purchase is the school for me but I won't be able to visit the school. Have anyone visited or went to Interview day at the campus? Any extra insight into the program or its reputation would be fantastic. 

I'm Canadian and I have to make  decision between attending Purchase with some great funding but still not a full ride and staying in Canada where I will be paid for school. I know there's been some discussion on this forum regarding money vs reputation but I feel the decision between schools here that are fantastic programs and schools close to NYC with some debt is more complicated than that. I'm not looking for a clear answer on what to do but maybe more of any thoughts on Purchase SUNY if anyone has any. 

Thanks so much! 

I'm wishing everyone the best of luck in their applications and decision making! 

SUNY Purchase. Good program, close to New York, a great entrance into the NYC art scene. 

Does Colorado Boulder interview every department? Has anyone heard from Colorado, LSU, or Kansas State for ceramics? 

Ceramics at CU has already accepted their candidates. You might be on the wait list, though.