MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

the rumor is if you still have MFA you haven't been rejected
granted they could be going discipline by discipline so the painters could be the only ones who have been subject to such a purge at this moment
but for your sake I hope that is not that case.

For those who have gotten emails from Syracuse, when did you apply? I applied (MFA Painting) the day before the deadline and haven't received any "top ten" emails or anything... just wondering if it's taking more time for me  because I applied later, or if it's a sign of possible rejection?

For those who have gotten emails from Syracuse, when did you apply? I applied (MFA Painting) the day before the deadline and haven't received any "top ten" emails or anything... just wondering if it's taking more time for me  because I applied later, or if it's a sign of possible rejection?

I'm pretty sure I sent in my application to Syracuse the day it was due. When you submit an application doesn't have any bearing on the results, as long as you submit it before the deadline. (or so I've been told) It could be that they've already decided on a few and are on the fence about others. (I've been asked to have a conversation with SU tomorrow) Not sure whether this is a formal interview or not, but I was urged to have questions prepared. Who knows- sometimes no news is good news!

if anyones interested!

I called  university of michigan this morning, and they said, interviews/desicions/more rejections im assuming,  sent out in the next ten days....

if you go back to the last two years freak out forums you will see that it is the case

not just random neurotic freaking out

I'm sorry I'm a little confused by this. So if your slideroom still has the word "MFA" in it you haven't been rejected yet? Mine says "2014 Photography MFA" in my Columbia Slideroom. And you say that this was the case in the last years freakout forum? (I would look myself but it's too much to sort through and I should really actually be working... and not trolling through this forum.)

I called in exactly two weeks ago and was told that invitations were to be sent out the week of the 10th (was rejected by email the day after I called, har). That being said, since myself and a few others have already received our rejections, perhaps no news is good news?

thanks! yes apparently they havent been sent out yet..  but yah, we will see!

also has anyone heard from USC, Hunter, or Columbia? also have yet to hear word from CalArts though it seems people are getting interview invitations not on any particular schedule.

I think people should hear by the end of the week. I called the admissions guy and that's what he said. I got an email yesterday afternoon. Hopefully you hear from Cal arts soon!

yes. if you had the MFA suffix removed from your slideroom application title then you had been taken out of the running.

I guess it was a way for the school to organize their applicants by who was getting interviews and who had gotten rejected.

If you go back to the past forums you will see that this is the case.

Updated:

UT Austin: Sculpture-interview 2/7

SAIC Masters of Design in Designed Objects- interview 2/19 (though they are moving me to the MFA in Designed Objects program instead)

VCU: Sculpture- haven't heard

RISD: Sculpture- haven't heard

UCLA: Sculpture- haven't heard

yes. if you had the MFA suffix removed from your slideroom application title then you had been taken out of the running.

I guess it was a way for the school to organize their applicants by who was getting interviews and who had gotten rejected.

If you go back to the past forums you will see that this is the case.

Is that with most schools, all, or only certain ones? Mine still says MFA but I hate to get my hopes up..

Rejected by UNM via email just now.

Another user was accepted on 2/5  

So weird

I still have not heard one word.  Good or bad.

Strange sort of frustration when you would rather just hear a rejection than wait for one.

I'm assuming mine stills says mfa because I applied on the late side.

Just got a no email from bard. I hated that their first paragraph is a little hopeful then it slams you a few lines down. Phooey. Onward!

Edited by bathtub

Sorry to hear that, bathtub. I was interested in their program at one time because Julianne Swartz studied and then taught there, but there are other things I want to do with the next few summers  

Edited by ismewilde

Official CalArts statement, for those that feel discouraged about not yet having been contacted by them for an interview:

Thank you for your email. The first round of admissions notifications have gone out this week however many files are still under review. Once a decision has been made regarding your admissions you will receive an email notification with further information. If you have not received an email your application is still pending. Thank you for your patience during this busy time.