Fall 2014 applicants for theater/performance Ph. D.?

PageAndStage

I applied, but haven't heard back, yet. Think, from past results, that they post a little later, maybe even in March. Did you apply to the Interdisciplinary PhD program?

Yea I applied to IPTD. People last year seemed to hear about interviews first week of Feb? 

I got an e-mail from ITPD at Northwestern today saying they were missing one of my undergrad transcripts and to send it ASAP. Probably just a formality, but it was nice to hear anything at all. 

I applied to IPTD too and still got nothing. I thought rejections are usually sent out before interviews/offers!

Applying: Brown, Northwestern, Yale (MFA Directing), UC Berkeley, UMass Amherst (MFA Dramaturgy), Tufts, Virginia (MFA Acting), UIowa (MFA Dramaturgy), UW, Stanford, IUB, UMD, Oregon, De Paul (MFA Acting)

Interviews: Virginia, Stanford

Accepted:

Rejected: Brown, Berkeley, Yale.

I called northwestern today and they said that although they have sent out some interview requests, they will still be sending out more. So they are still reviewing applications.

Also I got an email today from Tufts around 12:30 stating that an admissions decision would be on their admission portal shortly, but now an hour later it's still not there. So I assume I'll hear back at some point today.

Congrats on the interview, hope it went well!! Any idea if they will send out any others at this point? 

At the end of my phone interview, I was invited to come to the visiting/interview/whatever weekend that's happening in early March--all expenses paid! He said this would be an opportunity for me to get a feel for the program and if I might like it there, and the same for them about me. How many folks are usually invited out to these sorts of things? It feels a little gladiator-like. 

At the end of my phone interview, I was invited to come to the visiting/interview/whatever weekend that's happening in early March--all expenses paid! He said this would be an opportunity for me to get a feel for the program and if I might like it there, and the same for them about me. How many folks are usually invited out to these sorts of things? It feels a little gladiator-like.

I think they tend to invite out around twice as many people as places they have to offer. Stanford is bringing out 9, but will likely offer places to 4.

still waiting over here. looks like I don't have any apps in common with anyone on this thread, but in case anyone's curious, I just got an email from NYU last week stating that they're holding MA decisions a week or two and that the PHD app reviews are going as scheduled.

Curious: Other PhD applicants, do you have MAs? I have an MFA but am considering NYU's MA in Performing Arts if I get rejected from all my PhD opportunities. What do you think, worth it?

Edited by roguesenna

I have been following these posts for the last few weeks.  I thought I would finally chime in.   I am happy to hear that things are going well for many of you.  It is all such a tenuous process.  All the work that goes into the applications and then all the waiting.  I finished my applications in November so the waiting has been horrible.  

I have applied to four different programs this year.  Mostly different from the ones most of you have listed.  I see that a couple of people have updates on Indiana-Bloomington's program on the results page.  Anyone here want to claim that?  Also has anyone here applied to Colorado or SUNY- Buffalo?  Good luck to those who have yet to have their interviews.  I just finished one this morning.  

Is there anyone here that this is their second year applying? I focused primarily on MFA programs last year.

In response to your previous post:

still waiting over here. looks like I don't have any apps in common with anyone on this thread, but in case anyone's curious, I just got an email from NYU last week stating that they're holding MA decisions a week or two and that the PHD app reviews are going as scheduled.

Curious: Other PhD applicants, do you have MAs? I have an MFA but am considering NYU's MA in Performing Arts if I get rejected from all my PhD opportunities. What do you think, worth it?

I have have an MA from another school in NYC.  If you are accepted to the NYU masters program, I feel that if you can afford it that it could open up many doors for you in future PhD applications. Just based purely on reputation alone.  Where have you applied this year?