Social Psychology Fall 2014 Applicants

To the person who posted a rejection at Miami - Ohio. Was that email from your POI or the dept? Personalized? I haven't head anything, and their site doesn't even tell you the status of your application. Any information is appreciated. 

I heard from the program at the very beginning of February. The visitation weekend is about a week from today (March 7).

Anybody hear back from Georgetown, University of Chicago, University of Delaware, or Boston College?

The University of Delaware's interview weekends were at the end of January. I got my official acceptance on February 10. 

I have 5 schools that I haven't heard from. Based on the forum, I expect rejections from 2 of them. But, I haven't seen any info on 

- University of Kentucky

- University of Toronto

- Eastern Tennessee State University

Has anyone heard anything from these schools?

Toronto just finished up with their interview weekend. I also applied to Kentucky, but haven't heard anything come out of there yet. 

Anybody hear back from Georgetown, University of Chicago, University of Delaware, or Boston College?

I also applied to University of Chicago and did not hear anything back. One user posted this in response to me: 

"UChicago Psych just finished interview weekend.  I have no idea what that means if you haven't heard, but it likely means (at least) that you aren't being interviewed"

Found out I was placed on the wait list for CUNY's Basic & Applied Social Psych program. This is my top choice, so it's nice to still have a little bit of hope that I'll get in.

P.S. if you plan on declining an offer from them, please do it soon. My poor little heart can't deal with waiting anymore. =P

Edited by AMCB

Found out I was placed on the wait list for CUNY's Basic & Applied Social Psych program. This is my top choice, so it's nice to still have a little bit of hope that I'll get in.

P.S. if you plan on declining an offer from them, please do it soon. My poor little heart can't deal with waiting anymore. =P

Sorry to hear that. When'd you find out and how (email?)? I've been waiting with so much anxiety!

I haven't heard a peep from them yet. No change on the online portal either.

I go

I know it was mentioned earlier, but, still, has no one heard from Illinois-UC social psychology? Nothing in the results, either.

I got an email rejection just today for UIUC's social program.

Anyone heard from NYU?

Still waiting as well. Pretty sure they had their Social PhD interview weekend though, so at this point I'm just hoping for a Master's offer.

That NYU MA program comes up every year. I think consensus is that it's a cash grab. High tuition, no funding, and would you have any access to good faculty? I got in but passed on it.

That NYU MA program comes up every year. I think consensus is that it's a cash grab. High tuition, no funding, and would you have any access to good faculty? I got in but passed on it.

Me too, last year...