When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

That's wonderful! I am pretty jealous. For relocation reasons I couldn't make the journey westward but if I end up in the online program, look out for me during the on-campus period! Haha ~ but question-wise, would you mind sharing your stats? (not sure if this is the thread in which to ask.. lol)

Hi! I'm relocating from Chicago and super excited to move to the bay area. Here are my stats:

Undergrad School: University of Michigan Business School
Undergrad GPA: 3.3
Major/Minor: Operations Strategy, Minor in Statistics
GRE (including date taken): 160 V, 160 Q
Experience/Research (please, be brief): 1 yr healthcare consulting, 4 yrs in strategic planning at a large academic medical center, internships at hospitals in India and Peru, volunteer at free clinic

Applied: Hopkins (11-month MPH), Harvard, Berkeley, UCLA, UW (all HPM)
Accepted: UCLA (2/5), Berkeley (2/5), Hopkins (2/17), UW (2/19)
Rejected: Harvard (2/28)
Waitlisted: none

Attending: Berkeley HPM

Hi! I'm relocating from Chicago and super excited to move to the bay area. Here are my stats:

Undergrad School: University of Michigan Business School
Undergrad GPA: 3.3
Major/Minor: Operations Strategy, Minor in Statistics
GRE (including date taken): 160 V, 160 Q
Experience/Research (please, be brief): 1 yr healthcare consulting, 4 yrs in strategic planning at a large academic medical center, internships at hospitals in India and Peru, volunteer at free clinic

Applied: Hopkins (11-month MPH), Harvard, Berkeley, UCLA, UW (all HPM)
Accepted: UCLA (2/5), Berkeley (2/5), Hopkins (2/17), UW (2/19)
Rejected: Harvard (2/28)
Waitlisted: none

Attending: Berkeley HPM

Very impressive and congrats on all the acceptances! Thanks for sharing.

I am accepting Berkeley today so... HIGH FIVE!

Good luck to all :)

Very impressive and congrats on all the acceptances! Thanks for sharing.

I am accepting Berkeley today so... HIGH FIVE!

Good luck to all :)

Congrats to you too! Berkeley truly seems like an amazing place and I'm sure you'll love it when you're there during the on-campus period :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

just hoping to gain some insight, but I'm currently between two programs: GW and UPenn, both for global health.

I ultimately want to go to medical school, but can't figure out if a program housed in the medical school has more benefit for working in the public health field as well? I have literally 2 days to decide, and am visiting UPenn this week, but I'm hoping someone has some advice!

Applied: UPenn, Univ. Maryland (CP and School of Med.), Georgetown, GW, NYU, Mt. Sinai

Accepted: All

Going: ???

Hey everyone!

just hoping to gain some insight, but I'm currently between two programs: GW and UPenn, both for global health.

I ultimately want to go to medical school, but can't figure out if a program housed in the medical school has more benefit for working in the public health field as well? I have literally 2 days to decide, and am visiting UPenn this week, but I'm hoping someone has some advice!

Applied: UPenn, Univ. Maryland (CP and School of Med.), Georgetown, GW, NYU, Mt. Sinai

Accepted: All

Going: ???

Congrats on getting into all of your programs!

GW's global health program seems better than the school's #16 ranking on U.S. News and World Report. I checked it out when I was accepted into their MPH program for global health a few years ago (I ultimately decided on a different program). I think its location in Washington D.C. is very helpful for making connections with global health organizations. On the other hand, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that UPenn's medical program is fantastic. If it were me, I'd go with UPenn for a medical/academic focus or GW for making connections that will progress your global health career.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I applied to five Universities: Duke, Pitt, SUNY, Georgia and Florida.

I got rejected in Duke and accepted in the other four.

I am leaning to University of Florida or University of Georgia. I am an international student so it is very difficult for me to make a decision, as I think both programs suit my interest and this decision will be more about the place to live in.

If anyone has any input I will very  much appreciated!

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

That's wonderful! I am pretty jealous. For relocation reasons I couldn't make the journey westward but if I end up in the online program, look out for me during the on-campus period! Haha ~ but question-wise, would you mind sharing your stats? (not sure if this is the thread in which to ask.. lol)

I just got accepted to the oncampus/online program at Berkeley, and will be attending in the fall.  I actually live in the area, but can not afford to give up my full time job (I'm a single parent) so this degree program should be ideal for me.  Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting back into taking classes!

JB

I am seriously freaking out right now....JB was accepted last week and I still haven't heard anything so I've managed to convince myself that they already processed the acceptances and only have the rejects to send notices to.  :unsure:

Can anyone tell me if they know how these decisions are processed?  Any crystal balls or psychics out there?  :)

I never heard back from UPenn. Like, not a single peep aside from the confirmation email regarding my application receipt. I wonder if I should contact them to get my application fee back or something. 

I never heard back from UPenn. Like, not a single peep aside from the confirmation email regarding my application receipt. I wonder if I should contact them to get my application fee back or something. 

Which program did you apply to? I applied to the MPH program (generalist) and never even got a confirmation email. I submitted 2 days before the April 15th deadline and heard back via email on May 30th.

The only application fee I paid was the one for SOPHAS. 

Which program did you apply to? I applied to the MPH program (generalist) and never even got a confirmation email. I submitted 2 days before the April 15th deadline and heard back via email on May 30th.

The only application fee I paid was the one for SOPHAS. 

Same, except I never heard back. Odd..